Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Flu shot when at university?

My sim has gotten sick at university both times she's enrolled...is it possible to get a flu shot while at university?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't think so. EA apparently overlooked it. You could use points to buy simmunity, I do. Or, maybe place a hospital in the town. I haven't tried this option, though.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • symphony24symphony24 Posts: 6
    edited March 2013
    i just placed a hospital in the town through edit town mode.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited March 2013
    I went and placed a hospital via edit town.Works fine.
  • jeriwade1jeriwade1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited March 2013
    I went and placed a hospital via edit town.Works fine.

Me, too. There is no other way to get the flu shot.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2013
    It's not necessary to get a flu shot during college, you Sim may feel germy and might throw up once..but as long as other moodlets are there to keep up the aspiration meter nothing will happen and it won't affect performance unless you can't fulfill other moodlets..

Usually, this comes 2 days before they leave..so it's over by the time they leave anyway.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Canaterrum123Canaterrum123 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    My sim needs a flu shot, but is at university. I saw the thing about placing the hospital from edit town mode, but I can't find the hospital in edit town mode. Where is it? Do you have to download it? I don't know if I'm just missing something, but it definitely isn't there when I look.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited June 2013
    Cinebar wrote:
    It's not necessary to get a flu shot during college, you Sim may feel germy and might throw up once..but as long as other moodlets are there to keep up the aspiration meter nothing will happen and it won't affect performance unless you can't fulfill other moodlets..

Usually, this comes 2 days before they leave..so it's over by the time they leave anyway.

I tossed in one anyway. I like the idea of having a hospital near the campus. Plus the last group of students without it just seemed like the germs were being spread around. Everyone was coming down with it. I like to send them for the flu shot.
    Screenshot-4390.jpg

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sim needs a flu shot, but is at university. I saw the thing about placing the hospital from edit town mode, but I can't find the hospital in edit town mode. Where is it? Do you have to download it? I don't know if I'm just missing something, but it definitely isn't there when I look.

I think you have to save a hospital to the bin from one of your towns and then download it into your university town.
  • perfectvelvetperfectvelvet Posts: 739 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just go to an empty lot and in build mode, click on community objects. You can place whatever hospital from whatever world you'd like.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2013

First select or create a community lot large enough to hold a hospital. In build mode click on the building that is in the upper right corner of the build panel. (The one that allows you to click on pools, fences, basements...) You'll find community buildings there. Just place one and landscape if you like.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm going to add a hospital to my University town now.. It seems like every time I send my Sim off to University she always gets sick a day or two after arriving, lol.
  • UncleDuckjobUncleDuckjob Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > It's not necessary to get a flu shot during college, you Sim may feel germy and might throw up once..but as long as other moodlets are there to keep up the aspiration meter nothing will happen and it won't affect performance unless you can't fulfill other moodlets..
    >
    > Usually, this comes 2 days before they leave..so it's over by the time they leave anyway.

Why don't you take about 10% off 'er there, bud.

You make a lot of good points, but there is the instance of getting allergies whilst picking wildflowers.

I know this is a dead thread, but it was the only one that popped up when inquiring if there was a way to get an allergy shot at University. Might not be a bad idea to toss a hospital in the town anyway, who knows what those kids are spreading around.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Sims University is not by any means a fully fleshed world, and lacks many amenities, including a graveyard! I ran into this when a glitch caused all the residents of my fraternity to fail to eat - resulting in seven deaths in fewer than seven days - alarming at the time but funny in retrospect.

Edit Town to add absent facilities by hand is indeed the only work-around.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    As was pointed out folks this thread has been inactive since 2013 so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top