Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play in the rain

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
anyone know of an updated mod that will stop the playing in the rain? EVERY.SINGLE.TIME it rains, they all run outside. It really makes me want to throw my computer out the window. lol.

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2019
    Do you have MCCC? You can tune it out with the MC Tuner part.

Click on a sim, MCCC -> MC Tuner -> Enable Autonomy Scan

Then close MCCC out, make sure a sim is playing in the rain, click on the ground, click the autoscan icon (which is weird, it used to say, now it seems to only be a random looking pictures), click currently running scan. And you might have to hit the next button, maybe more than once, depends on what all actions are going on. And there should be a [Play in Rain]. Click it and that will stop sims from auto playing in rain. You can still tell a sim to, but none will auto do it now (controlled or uncontrolled).

Also, if you accidentally tune out an action, or decide later you want to allow that action again, under MC Tuner, click the restore autonomy and it'll show you everything you have tuned out.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Then close MCCC out, make sure a sim is playing in the rain, click on the ground, click the autoscan icon (which is weird, it used to say, now it seems to only be a random looking pictures), click currently running scan. And you might have to hit the next button, maybe more than once, depends on what all actions are going on. And there should be a [Play in Rain]. Click it and that will stop sims from auto playing in rain. You can still tell a sim to, but none will auto do it now (controlled or uncontrolled).

Also, if you accidentally tune out an action, or decide later you want to allow that action again, under MC Tuner, click the restore autonomy and it'll show you everything you have tuned out.

Whaaat? So that’s what the autonomy scan does? It allows you to select things to not be autonomous? I wish I would have known that before lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @AquaGamer1212 Yep. :) You can tune out a large variety of actions. I would say any action, but there has been one or two I have had difficulty finding, such as that dang angry greeting that sims give one another (where they ball up their fists in greeting a sim). Which has either been A) finally addressed in a patch or B ) one of the actions I've tuned out finally was it (I love tuning out actions :D:D )
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options

Thanks! MCCC is usually user friends but this is so complicated. lol. But i'll do it!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    There's also a lessautonomousplayinrain mod here:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/

It doesn't nuke the action completely though.

Also, I'm pretty sure the mod on MTS is still working:
    http://modthesims.info/d/615128/no-autonomous-play-in-rain.html
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Also, I'm pretty sure the mod on MTS is still working:
    http://modthesims.info/d/615128/no-autonomous-play-in-rain.html

I saw that one but in the comments, a user said that it wasn't working anymore. The creator said they would update it last month but still hasn't since July 2018
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Thanks! MCCC is usually user friends but this is so complicated. lol. But i'll do it!

It really sounds more complicated then it is. Once you have done it a time or two, it's very easy. It is a bit to get used to though. I'd make sure you disable autonomy scan when done, too, otherwise, you'll get sick of seeing the autonomy scan icon everywhere :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Isn't there a control in options/seasons to turn rain off?
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member

Whaaat? So that’s what the autonomy scan does? It allows you to select things to not be autonomous? I wish I would have known that before lol.

I have never known what that button was for either
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Gosh, I've rarely had a Sim do that autonomously. The one did, but then again she's got the Erratic Trait, too. I do have the choice to have other Sims do so, it's part of the interactions menu.

Thank you for the explanation. I have used MCCC for quite awhile, but I have failed to fully examine what it does. I was almost afraid to touch that one. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member

I love that I'm not the only one who is just now figuring out what autonomy scan is and how it actually works. To be fair, a lot of the tuner features didn't make much sense to me to begin with. I need to mess with it now (and clean my mods folder up a bit now that I have this information)