Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Left Handed vs. Right Handed

Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
As the title says...

I am ambidextrous as I can use both hands; however, I usually write with my right hand the most.
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Left Handed vs. Right Handed 74 votes

Left Handed
18%
annaliese39KelvinKayeStarHippie_SimmerAHolyToiletcomicsforlifeAshtontoAshton22CharliecheesenurgersLyouflnMondayhermioniaxeno_genesiscauseswanmmackin001 14 votes
Right Handed
66%
icmnfrshdreamerz13dragonfreakGabbyGirlJCary1213ClassicalSimLissyK9the_greenplumbobAngelEb95Sigzy05SnaveXsjames64468shnailehdobber321MMXxLunaSimsxpinneduphairtakenbysheepKendranaGeekMonkey34B21 49 votes
Ambidextrous
14%
Ishizusvtwiddle3DeKayColton147147MidnightAuraSim loveYuriTheCreatorsnowandbriarMadisonSimmersFinnadoraIVXXXVI 11 votes

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Ambidextrous
    Being a leftie, I have to say there's no such thing as being fully left handed (or at least it's super hard to be one). :D There are some things that I just use my right have with like scissors. Or a computer mouse. Or any kinda musical instrument.

I did however met some one at a meeting yesterday using a normal mouse but he put it to the left side and he gave me the mouse to use his laptop and I was like, "HOW DO I CONTROL THIS." LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Left Handed
    Left: Writing, drawing, slicing, throwing, ironing

Right: Cutting with a pair of scissors, using a computer mouse
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2019
    Left Handed
    I'm fully left-handed. I do everything with it.
    Writing, drawing, cutting with scissors, throwing, playing instruments.

I also switch the cutlery on the table (knife on left, fork on right). Some might say that doing that is bad manners, but I look like a total slob of I cut with my right hand.

I use the mouse on the left side when doing regular stuff but put the mouse on the right when playing games that use WASD keys. Its super awkward putting your right hand on the left side of the keyboard when your left hand is on the mouse, like your hands are confined to this small part of the keyboard.
    I also kick with my left foot.
    Post edited by hermionia on
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    Left Handed
    My left hand pretty much does everything, including using my computer mouse, scissors, writing, etc. I do cut food (awkwardly) with my right hand, but that's because I feel more comfortable with the fork in my dominant hand. Watching me cut pizza is like watching a gorilla perform keyhole surgery lol. Being a leftie in a right-handed world can really suck. I can be quite awkward and clumsy and my handwriting is barely legible. I also hold pens really oddly and it can be painful if I write for too long. Thank goodness for keyboards. One weird quirk I have is that I can swap hands when playing tennis - or perhaps I'm just too lazy to move my whole body so I just move the racket over.
    Ambidextrous
    My left hand pretty much does everything, including using my computer mouse, scissors, writing, etc. I do cut food (awkwardly) with my right hand, but that's because I feel more comfortable with the fork in my dominant hand. Watching me cut pizza is like watching a gorilla perform keyhole surgery lol. Being a leftie in a right-handed world can really suck. I can be quite awkward and clumsy and my handwriting is barely legible. I also hold pens really oddly and it can be painful if I write for too long. Thank goodness for keyboards. One weird quirk I have is that I can swap hands when playing tennis - or perhaps I'm just too lazy to move my whole body so I just move the racket over.

I didn't realize a pizza cutter was right handed. 😂

Oh I have this kinda offset cake knife that is also hard to use with the left hand. Hahah.

And I always can't tear the foil cover thing on a big yogurt tub properly too somehow. Not sure if it's cuz I do it with my left hand and the tab is always on the right or I am just impatient and careless. 😁
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Left Handed
    DeKay wrote: »

I didn't realize a pizza cutter was right handed. 😂

Oh I have this kinda offset cake knife that is also hard to use with the left hand. Hahah.

And I always can't tear the foil cover thing on a big yogurt tub properly too somehow. Not sure if it's cuz I do it with my left hand and the tab is always on the right or I am just impatient and careless. 😁

Oh, it is! Basically keep me away from all sharp objects and take cover if I throw anything. My woodworking skills are legendary bad as well. :D

Haha, yes that sounds just like me too.

I just think my brain is wired the opposite way to everyone else. I remember in graphics class I would take forever drawing designs making sure it was all perfect, only to then realise I had drawn it back to front. :s
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Left Handed
    Being a leftie, I have to say there's no such thing as being fully left handed (or at least it's super hard to be one). :D There are some things that I just use my right have with like scissors. Or a computer mouse. Or any kinda musical instrument.

I did however met some one at a meeting yesterday using a normal mouse but he put it to the left side and he gave me the mouse to use his laptop and I was like, "HOW DO I CONTROL THIS." LOL.

Haha I must be rare since I can’t write anything with my right hand, and I can barely hold stuff with it too.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Right Handed
    Hello, I'm average :D
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Right Handed
    I wish I was ambidextrous. My left hand is useless for everything.
    Ambidextrous

Haha I must be rare since I can’t write anything with my right hand, and I can barely hold stuff with it too.

Really? Not even your phone? Or a glass of water/cup? These are also some things I hold with my right. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited February 2019
    Right Handed
    I consider myself right handed.

But the fact that I can use my left for a lot as well makes me second guess that sometimes. I thought it was normal to be able to use your non-dominant hand at least a bit but I see people that make me wonder sometimes lol.

I did have to learn to use my left hand for a lot though when my right was injured. It wasn't much of a choice that or not be able to do anything at all for a couple months. I actually found it hard to learn to use my right hand again. It was weird. Still can't write with my left hand to save my soul though lol. Not that I can with my right either but whatever.

So I can use my left hand reasonably well for most things. Maybe enough to be considered ambidextrous but I still consider myself right handed since its still often easier and more natural and for the few things I can't do left handed.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Right Handed
    The only thing I can do with my left is dribble a basketball and it took a lot of practice. I’m full righty
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    Left Handed
    I'm a lefty. I do 90% of daily activities with my left hand like eating, drawing, and writing, but I use a computer mouse with my right hand and I sometimes paint with my right hand. So I suppose I could say I'm about 10% ambidextrous. :lol:
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    Right Handed
    I'm completely right handed. There isn't anything I do where my left hand is my dominant hand.
  • PandoopPandoop Posts: 702 Member
    Right Handed
    Completely right handed. I can't really do anything with my left hand.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Right Handed
    Right handed and I've been trying to build up my penmanship with my left hand because I think it would be cool to be ambidextrous. Also, because my hubby kinda challenged me to do more things with my left hand. And I just couldn't not take the challenge lol.
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited March 2019
    Right Handed
    I’m right-handed but I can write and do some other things with my left, but it isn’t as comfortable to me as using my right so I don’t think that considers me as ambidextrous.
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Ambidextrous
    Started off right-handed and always struggled with writing, using a knife & fork, using scissors, catching a ball etc. when I was younger then swapped to writing with my left during High School, discovered It was so much easier but I can pretty much write/draw now with whichever hand I want due to practice...

I also taught myself to write my name with my foot a few years ago as well, Don't ask, done out of pure boredom. :lol:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • IshizusvIshizusv Posts: 16 Member
    Ambidextrous
    I'm left handed but I can do most things with both hands though I'm slower with my right hand
  • xeno_genesisxeno_genesis Posts: 56 Member
    Left Handed
    Another leftie who also does some things right-handed, usually through ease or training. Use a computer mouse and play violin right-handed.

Watching me try to unlock a door with my right hand is laughable, though. My brain can't handle it.
  • mmackin001mmackin001 Posts: 33 Member
    Left Handed
    The only thing I do right-handed is use a computer mouse. Writing, eating, sports, everything else is left hand.

Fun lefty facts righties don't always know:

-Using right-handed (aka regular) scissors with your left hand HURTS

-When we write, we don't get to glide/drag our pens from left to right like right-handers do. We literally have to push the pen from left to right since our dominant hands are on the right side of the page. Maybe this explains why lefties on average have slightly worse handwriting?

-This one is most likely more commonly known, but being left-handed in sports is a valuable asset. For example, I used to play volleyball, and I was a hitter. Even if I hit the ball and it wasn't a crazy fast, amazing spike, the other team would struggle with reacting to the ball properly because they were so thrown off by the angle of my swing, as it was coming from my left hand.

LOL I rambled forever, oops!
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Right Handed
    I'm right-handed but I'm capable of using my left for a lot of things. Being a musician means that I have to use both hands in equal measure, my left hand is probably stronger than most typical righties because I had to develop a lot of strength in it to be able to fret decently on the bass guitar.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • causeswancauseswan Posts: 108 Member
    Left Handed
    I'm left-handed for almost everything except using a computer mouse and sports. I'm just so used to left-handed sports items not being available that I've learned to use my right hand for the majority of sports.
    - I can throw a frisbee from either hand.
    - In tennis, my backhand is stronger than my forehand because forehands are practiced more, so I would just use my backhand during forehand drills.
    I feel like the thing that most people are like "whaa-" for though is that I *always* write with my paper angled. I've just learned to write angled because us left-handed people smear everything we write. I can actually write with my paper completely horizontal!
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Right Handed
    Write with the right