Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥~Romagi's Sims 3 Creations~♥♥~Bahama Breeze~♥♥

Comments

• Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @romagi1 I am loving the few WIPs I see, makes me want to see more ... BUT, I can wait. To answer some of your questions I like the magic in the attic, maybe I just watched to much "Charmed" when I was younger. ;) As far as items, cram in as many as you can - I like the more cluttered (or as I call it) lived in look. All the basics of course like the magic items from the store (like the crystal ball and the cauldron and such (if you can of course, if not I can add them).

To give you an idea of my game-play (or what I am looking at) to start out my household will be a pair of sisters similar to the charmed sisters though a bit different story and twist (the sisters come from an from a union of dark and light). There is a 3rd sister but they do not know of her yet so in my game she will be placed in another location. I am looking for a house that can start out with just the 2 sisters and a dog (maybe two pets but haven't decided for sure there - I normally do cats but I want to branch out more i game so going with a dog). As time goes on it is my hope to move in lovers/husbands and maybe have some kids and such over time. The pet(s) might even get a mate as well. If room maybe a butler or some other type of live in help but that is further down in the game play. If you are interested in reading the story I have so far on the pair let me know and I will share it in the forums (been meaning to do so anyway).

Since I am not sure what skills I am going to do with who I say add a bit of everything you can think of, but especially a nice art set up because painting is one of my favorite things to do in the game. The kitchen well, a lady who took care of me when I was younger while my parents were out partying always told me "the kitchen is like the center hub of a house", so my dream was always a nice big kitchen with all the bells and whistles. So any of that, like the bakery stove and pizza oven, you can add would be great! Lastly, the skill area above the garage sounds wonderful - there are so many skill items I haven't really played with yet.

Anyway, let me know if this helps any. For now I am off to "get a move on" have some appointments and such to do today but will pop in later to check on questions and such.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @Mystik1978, I would Love to read your story! I was a Huge fan of Charmed also! I have always tended to put magic in the attic and now that you mentioned it, Charmed is probably why I do! LOL

As for the lot I had not planned on 2 Master bed and baths or a basement since I had the room above the garage. I have found away to add the basement stairs as long as it holds when I move the lot. I'm working on adding another master bed and bath. Are you wanting the art to have a room of it's own or can it be a painting area attached to a small family area? If you want a separate room I may have to put the art out over the garage.
    Ok, I will add a link once I get it posted. I am sorry, I didn't think about mentioned two bedrooms before; I had just started fleshing out the characters after I put in the request. As far as the art goes, it doesn't have to be it's own room, a art nook or such would work if that is easier for you.
    @Mystik1978, No worries! I had a master, boy room, girl room and a tiny nursery. I think of Masters as a bit larger then a kid room. But on the plus side, with extending the home to add a larger bedroom the attic is larger also! I wanted the basement stairs so you had a place to add a butler later on.
    @romagi1 Sounds great I am so very excited! If there is anything else you want to ask I will be around the forums off and on all day. Going to try to get some of my characters and stories posted.
    edited April 2019
    @romagi1 Here is the link to my little corner or the forum. The Water Sisters, Luna and Scarlet, are the ones I will be playing in your wonderful build in the Sims 3. My daughter plays the pair in Sims 4 - which is why it is currently under that forum but each of us are taken different parts in development of the story. My daughter helped me come up with the general idea of them, names and such and I started fleshing out the story getting pointers from her (of course she is 14 after all) along the way. I am excited to see where the story takes me. There will be more parts posted and I am not sure if I am going to try to just post everything under the one section, or try to do it under Sims 3 and Sims 4 or maybe try to find a free blog (anyone know of any) that I can use instead. In the meantime, I look forward to more WIP and hope you enjoy the read thus far.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957774/mystiks-sims-4-creations-and-stories-1st-up-damon-dahaven#latest
    EDIT ~ Might help if I add the link .... ;)
    edited April 2019
    @Mystik1978, Great start to the story! I've been using blue, purple, cream and white thru the home but if Luna and Scarlet have a Fav color you would like their bedroom in, I can do that.

Did you want me to add the Butler's room in the basement?

WIP of the expanded home: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

Post edited by romagi1 on
    edited April 2019
    @romagi1 My daughter picked the favorite colors for Luna and Scarlet when we started talking about the story; as I believe I mentioned we came up with the overall story-line together. One of those nice fun bonding moments - I love that we have so many things in common. You should see a pic of the two of us many people call her my mini me. Would you agree? ;)

Now in her game in the Sims 4, Luna being more of ocean and air loves blues while Scarlet is all fire with just a touch of earth added in to help keep her grounded so she leans towards most all things red. Here is a pic of her girls in Sims 4 in their winter gear. I hadn't really thought about their colors on my play-through on Sims 3 but I think I am going to stick with the same colors she uses.

56595409_2462297310449177_1914014160706863104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=46c1b1c02bf7bbc9c717afab80168f73&oe=5D4CB17C

Lastly, a butler room would be amazing! With their story-line I am not starting them out total broke (can we say her parents left them the "motherlode" ;) And with the house being a decent size neither of the girls are going to want to spend all their time cleaning so they will need a butler. Maybe I can add him in the story like a long time servant having served her parents before them and when they died he chose to stay with the girls. Wonder how many tries it would take for me to get a old male butler? (No I did not steal the idea from Batman I swear *wink wink*)

EDIT ~ Once you see the pic of me and Shortie let me know and I will remove it from the post.
    edited April 2019
    @Mystik1978, Yes I do believe she is your mini me! :)<3 What fun to do this together!

Great! I'll do their rooms in the red and blue and install a butlers quarter!
    Just a quick note to tell you to check your private messages when you get a chance.
    @Mystik1978, I have inventions, chemistry and science in the garage. I've also got a small Butler apartment for a beloved family servant in the basement. I can make the basement just big enough for that or there is room to expand. Would you like anything else down there? If so any thoughts as to what?

Have a WIP of the painting / family rec area: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @romagi1 I love your WIP's of the home, the exterior colors are splendid, I love the architecture of the build very well laid out and executed! <3
    @romagi1 Sorry I did not see any notifications on your questions from April 13th. I love the WIP and the butler apartment. As far as expanding the cellar; maybe a wine cellar or place for potions and such? If you do not already have that somewhere else.
    @Mystik1978, I have the Butlers apartment and since I had unlimited taste-able wine in the dining room and 2 potion stands plus a chest in the attic I am/was working on a bath, gym, sauna and massage rooms in the rest of the basement. Will that work? I can change it out if you'd rather.

More WIPS: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/11584133/#Comment_11584133

Thanks so much! @BreeMiles!
    @romagi1 No that sounds amazing! I am so very excited!
    @Mystik1978, Coastal Victorian is here!

This charming seaside Victorian has 2 master bed & baths, boy room, girl room, twin nursery and Butler apartment. Interior is a blend of Victorian and Coastal décor. You will find a formal parlor, study, formal dining, eat in kitchen, family area, gym, sauna, massage and magic rooms. There is a green house attached to the 2 car garage with science & chemistry in the half story above. The pet friendly back yard includes a play area, pool and hot tub. ~ DNA Request for Mystik1978 ~ by romagi ~ Enjoy!

YJ64kwe.jpg

Download: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9304953

Media: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4G1gitRbKTENqPih7

Request: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16987286/#Comment_16987286

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Very lovely seaside Victorian home! :) The exterior design, towers, porches, balconies roofing are very nice! Very nice greenhouse! The upper science level is great! The pool, hot tub and outdoors living area is very nice! Great kids play area! Very lovely and beautiful furnishing and layout of the interior! The coastal blue and white colour scheme of the living areas is very nice! Very nice dining room! The type of dining chairs used and the patterned curtains are very nice! Very lovely lavender, blue and red colours and furnishing of the bedrooms. Very nice gym and sauna rooms.
    It is a very lovely family Victorian home! :)
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Beautiful Victorian! It's very unique and I like how it was made specifically for the sunnier climate.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    @romagi1 your Coastal Victorian is breath taking, I love the soft creams of the exterior, and the gorgeous pale blues on the inside, So beautiful and outstanding as always! <3
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Beautiful home Rox. You managed to blend both styles so well. The decor looks so fresh and inviting and the architecture is darling. Love many of the patterns you used and the special touches throughout. Looking forward to downloading for a proper walk through. Well done! :D<3
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    So beautiful and airy - and full of wonderful little details! Looks great in Sunlit Tides, too.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I love how you used soft colors on the exterior to suit the beachy climate. I like all the little details in the magic room and workshop over the garage and how you recolored the ITF rugs to look like dirt under the trees. The waterfall effect coming out of the hottub looks great too. Just a lovely home all around.
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Just wrote on the dna thread so will copy what I wrote there:

@romagi1, Coastal Victorian fits perfectly in the beach environment. You did an awesome job of keeping it in the Victorian style but also blending in the beach vibe. Love all the colors and patterns you chose for all the rooms. And wow, that magic room in the attic is full of details. Great job! Rec'd, (will DL soon) and fave'ed. :)<3
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    This is such a beautiful Victorian, perfect in every way. I love the coastal vibe and the soft palette of the exteriors. The interior layout is fantastic, the blue mixed with lilac is so beautiful and I especially like the magic room, very mystical :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg