Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simdia is done!

KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Before downloading this world you will need to have the store content installed, there is a list of further down in this thread. You will also need to place this folder in your mods folder [url="http://"]http://mediafire.com/folder/n9n2ffrnd56fi/trees[/url]

I've decided to theme the world around one family, the builder of the Taj Mahal- Shaw Jahan and his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal whom the Taj was built for (it is her tomb). I am playing the family as the main couple and 4 other "wives" who will also bear children to Shaw Jahan. Mumtaz had 14 children and then died in childbirth. I plan to bury the couple in the Taj Mahal eventually so that their ghosts will remain there.
I have done a lot of research on india and have found it is very diverse. The focus therefore will be on the town where the Taj Mahal is located but as its Sims, i'm trying to incorporate some of the unique aspects of india life but it will be impossible to be highly accurate. I've never visited India but have always wanted to. I would love input from anyone who can bring suggestions based on personal experiences living or visiting India.
This went from a small project to a large project to now I'm simplifying it a bit for ease of game-play.
Leaving out Island Paradise was a dissapointment and I may put it back in later but don't want the world to be reliant upon it. I had built a lake palace that was based on the lake palace built in another town by Shaw Jahan but without boats it won't be accessible so any ideas for that are welcome.
I'm going to share some screenshots of what I've done in the first 2 drafts of this world and as I continue will update.
If anyone wants to try out one of the first 2 versions I did save them and can share.
See ya in India!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Hi @KarilynMonroe2 :)

this sounds a rather difficult world to build :o ... but I'm sure it will be absolutely awesome when it's done!!!
    Very much looking forward to seeing some screenshots soon :D
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I love the idea :) . Great to have the Indian store content and using Mother Russia for some of the building is a good idea. Shame about IP though. Looking forward to seeing pictures of what you have done so far.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,461 Member
    The world is nearly done but i hit a snag. I really want to use the trees from sunlit tides. They do not show in CAW but do show in EIG in world edit mode. I place the trees but they go away when i go back into CAW. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Just posting to say that I'm really looking forward to playing this world once it's completed, with or without IP!

I don't know how to work in CAW (maybe someday!), but if you can't see them there, then I guess just edit them in world edit mode will do? And then save and continue to work on it in CAW afterward? I hope someone can figure out why it won't show up in CAW.

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    The world is nearly done but i hit a snag. I really want to use the trees from sunlit tides. They do not show in CAW but do show in EIG in world edit mode. I place the trees but they go away when i go back into CAW. Does anyone know how to fix this?

As I understand it EIG is principally to edit lots rather than world terrain. So do the trees disappear from lots as well as world terrain when you come out of EIG?

I went and checked the tree metadata and it would appear than none of the trees from store worlds are in there. Both CAW and the game share the same DCCache which means that CAW should recognise store trees so perhaps the problem is with your DCCache. The only work around I can think of is to export your world to the game, add the trees there and then try to import back to CAW. Before you do anything though I would ask this question again the CAW tools section. I am not an expert CAW user but there are several others on that board who are.

Good Luck in getting it sorted.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    I was able to use store trees in other worlds so it may be something changed with the last update. Thats a good idea about importing the world though. I will take all your advice, thanks!
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited April 2019

I think those posts are very old and might not pertain to the latest patched CAW. I am trying to find out how to find the trees inside the world to clone them. I keep thinking there has got to be something simple. I can place banana trees using/Caw/Edit in Game/ word editor and they stay but all the sunlit tides items go away. They don't even get replaced, they are just gone. Meanwhile I downloaded the Empty Sunlit tides world for CAW and the trees look like Oak Trees in CAW but when you get to EIG they are there. Very perplexing indeed.
    edited April 2019
    To clone an ingame object follow this - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

Even tho the info is old...it still works.

The key wording - " put that file in your CAW framework and your object will show up in CAW metadata.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework
    If you also put it in your Game Framework then it will show up in the World Editor bit of Sims 3, too."
    To clone an ingame object follow this - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

Even tho the info is old...it still works.

The key wording - " put that file in your CAW framework and your object will show up in CAW metadata.
    http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework
    If you also put it in your Game Framework then it will show up in the World Editor bit of Sims 3, too."

I did it!!!! So excited, these trees will look so good in my world! It was easy once i figured it out. There needs to be a step by step tutorial on this. The information was kinda all over the place :/
    edited April 2019
    Terrific!!! So glad you figured it out. I'm telling you those old tutorials are a bit tricky...but "we" all were learning this at the same time when it was all new. I'm glad that info is still out there! I've copied and pasted alot of that old stuff into a folder for future use - my memory is not what it used to be, sadly. And more than likely, it will one day not be available ; (

(the info...not my brain, errr...)
    At least now I know how to make a clone, pretty cool.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    If anyone wants to try out one of the first 2 versions I did save them and can share.
    See ya in India!

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for an India themed world! Are you still willing to share?!
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Supercaw could help with the trees, it loads a lot slower since every item in the game and all the effects show up in the panel but it's nice for adding the store world items.
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    See ya in India!

I've been searching EVERYWHERE for an India themed world! Are you still willing to share?!

Yes this version is nearly done!
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    Supercaw could help with the trees, it loads a lot slower since every item in the game and all the effects show up in the panel but it's nice for adding the store world items.

I did try that but they still did not show. I have them now though. The pongam trees from Sunlit Tides really are perfect for it.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    It's great you found a solution, looking forward to seeing the world. I loved your Oz world.
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    It's great you found a solution, looking forward to seeing the world. I loved your Oz world.

I loved my Oz world, too but it froze up so much and I don't know why.
    edited July 2019
    Simdia items

World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Generations
    Late Night
    Pets
    Seasons
    Showtime
    Fast Lane Stuff

Store Content:
    World-Sunlit Tides (Most of the trees are from this world)
    Mother Russia (Palaces and Taj Mahal)
    India Inspirations Collection
    Dreams of India
    Kingdom of Cambodia bed and bath
    Morocco Mystique
    Fabulous Fiesta
    Drifters Desire
    Live, Laugh, Love
    Bohemian Garden
    Hacienda Luxury
    Worldly Goodies
    Brunch at the Old Mill
    Villa Paraiso
    The Monarch Suite
    Country Livin (the chicken coop, mainly)
    Business as Usual Bistro
    Le Cinema Plumbob
    The Now and Then Country Manor
    Muse Luxury
    Last Venue of Amore
    Deliciously Indulgent Bakery
    Al Fresco Street Market
    Serenity Retreat
    Savvy Seller set
    Indulgent Living
    Golden Ticket Toy Shop
    Jazz Age Living Room
    Club Vaindenburger Study
    Hibiscus Trio
    Full Regal Living Set

Put this folder in your Mods-Packages folder so that the sunlit tides trees will show up, having the world installed is not enough, you need to have this folder.
    mediafire.com/folder/n9n2ffrnd56fi/trees

Post edited by KarilynMonroe2 on
    Oooh, are you fixing to give us a link for the world?!
    First Look, Simdia The city and Taj Mahal
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    More screenshots
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

`screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    More views of the city center and also a beach on the lake.
    Gorgeous!
    I am installing it into a fresh folder and testing to see if I missed any store content. I'm going to playtest it a little and see if I can add my families. For some reason Porter has not been working for me. If I cant populate the world the I will just upload them to the exchange.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top