Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

would love the picnic basket

gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
A picnic basket would go along way .They can use it on dates, hiking ,family get togethers , and so much more . I would love to have one that works .

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Me too :)
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Me too :) [2]
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Definitely.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes a little thing I miss from sims 3 for sure.
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I loved it on sims 3 . The picnic basket was cool . You had it out other sims would come and joined you .
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes the picnic basket was a nice touch. Though if we got one for sims 4, they would have to make entirely new animations for sitting on the ground and they seem to just reuse animations with all new objects we get, or they just cut animations entirely and something just appears or disappears without them moving, so not sure if the team will give us this one back. They couldn't even manage to make proper laptop animations but just reused everything from a regular computer. So....
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2019
    gmomasue wrote: »
    A picnic basket would go along way .They can use it on dates, hiking ,family get togethers , and so much more . I would love to have one that works .

Something like a picnic basket came with Outdoor Retreat. It was not really a picnic basket but a coolbox. It offers some cold drinks and food, and sims can sit on it.
    If you would like e.g. hotdogs, you might buy a fireplace, too. The coolbox contains yougurt and cereal as well as water, milk and juice.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I used to use one way back when. Sims2, wasn't it? Oh, just had a thought pop into my head (and, no, it wasn't painful.) We do have sack lunches, why not use that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    A working picnic basket would be so cute! Perfect for romantic dates and family outings. It should come with a nice comfy blanket for sims to lounge/sit on too of course. I would also love it if we had jam making so our sims could take jams/preserves and jam sandwiches on picnics. Yum!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Yes, I miss the picnic basket! Most hoods have community areas where it would be cool to sit down on the ground, rather than the pre-built bbq tables. And especially in the woods of Granite Falls, probably also in Salvadorada, and in Brindleton Bay, in all parks, even in your own garden :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    Yes please. There are so many community areas that have beautiful scenery, but nothing really to do there. Picnic would be a perfect activity to have in such areas.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    A picnic basket would come in handy in the secret locations. I'd want them to add romance interactions to it like the one Sims 1 had.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    Yes the picnic basket was a nice touch. Though if we got one for sims 4, they would have to make entirely new animations for sitting on the ground and they seem to just reuse animations with all new objects we get, or they just cut animations entirely and something just appears or disappears without them moving, so not sure if the team will give us this one back. They couldn't even manage to make proper laptop animations but just reused everything from a regular computer. So....

A bit off topic, but I think they couldn't add an animation to the laptops opening and closing because technically it appears that laptops are using the same "blocks" that they use in when creating computers in the game. Naturally because that "block" is a foundation of the computer object, it wasn't designed to have a closing monitor animation to it. If they where to create a new "block" for the laptops rather than reusing the "block" for computers then they could add animations to it. The word block has quotationson it since I can't emember what it was called, but SimGuruGraham discussed it in the Stuff Pack Project creation part of the forum.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919338/june-4th-dev-update-learn-about-object-creation

So technically a laptop is a mimic of a computer block. I might be wrong woth this, but I think it is one of the reason why laptops didn't get an openingr/closingg monitor animation.

Speakjng of Picnic basket, it would be a hindred times better if NPC's can actually use them in the world, not just our sims.
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I loved the picnic basket in Sims 2 & 3. I usually had one in my sims inventory. In Sims 3 often my university student would use it between classes if she wasn't studying on her laptop.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I was just thinking this today. My sim was visiting a friend who lived on the island in Windenburg. I wanted them to do something outdoorsy together because of the beautiful scenery. They weren't the type to fish and sitting in a camp chair with a coolbox isn't quite so romantic as a blanket and a picnic basket.