Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get pregnant with 8 sims + nraas mods?

JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
I have a sim who has the wish to raise 5 sims from babies to teens. I've never done it before so i thought it would be fun to try, except I already have 8 sims in the household. I have it set to allow more than 8 sims per household, but when I tried to get my sim pregnant, it said I've reached the limit? Is there a way to make her pregnant (and also so that it takes genes from both her and her husband) or am I gonna have to try some weird stuff...? I'm not opposed to installing mods!

Comments

• MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Which nraas mods are you using?
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited November 2015
    Different NRaas mods enable more than 8 in a household depending on how you are trying to add those sims. The NRaas Which Mod FAQ explains which NRaas mods are need for each method to add sims to a household.

If you are just using MasterController, for example, enabling more than 8 in MC only impacts MC's "Add Sim" feature (AFAIK). That setting is not a general one that allows you to add more than 8 sims through all the different game methods available.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    MC will also unlock other MC related commands such as Adopt, Pollinate, and Instant Baby.

If you want to Try For Baby the "traditional" way in a full household, you need the mod we aren't allowed to talk about here (begins with a W).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I tried 'partner polinate', hopefully that does what I wanted?
    heres a fun one - i got another sim in the household, but the panel doesnt go over 8. So I installed a portrait panel mod and then the save wouldn't load! I had a save where I only had 8 instead of nine.
    "A" portrait panel mod from where? This is what NRass PortraitPanel is for.

Without PP, you can scroll to the second set of eight sims (which would be only 1 if you had a total of 9) by tapping the space bar to cycle through your active houshold.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited November 2015
    igazor wrote: »
    "A" portrait panel mod from where? This is what NRass PortraitPanel is for.

Without PP, you can scroll to the second set of eight sims (which would be only 1 if you had a total of 9) by tapping the space bar to cycle through your active houshold.

Funnily enough, the NRaas one. It wouldn't load saves. I know about the space bar and right click thing, it's just an inconvenience.

Edit: - lol whoops i think i just got the wrong version
    Post edited by JayedTadaSkier on
    Edit: - lol whoops i think i just got the wrong version
    Ah yes, that would do it. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • CavallusCavallus Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2015
    On mine I have the nraas Woohooer, master controller, portrait panel and pregnancy progress controller. These together seem to allow my horses to breed fine, and I currently have 15 of them and my sim. The woohooer is really good for allowing woohoo with a large household, but doesn't work as well without all the others installed. The others are set to the original settings from when i first installed them, however I did use the pregnancy controller to set the success rate of 'try for baby' to 90 (you could do 100). It also allows you to check if your sim is pregnant before it is announced. Although the pregnancy controller doesnt allow you to get sims pregnant with more than 8 sims without woohoo, setting the try for baby chance higher works well. Hope this helps :)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    @Cavallus you MAY want to edit your post a tad more. The W--h---- mod can't be mentioned here or the gurus will lock the topic. Just thought I let you know before you got in trouble.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • HunnypoohHunnypooh Posts: 15 Member
    How do you try for baby with portrait panel? Or can you? Once you reach eight, it still says the household is full.
    edited April 2019
    Hunnypooh wrote: »
    How do you try for baby with portrait panel? Or can you? Once you reach eight, it still says the household is full.
    That's not the correct mod.

PortraitPanel allows the display on the left-side panel of more than eight human sims (and more then six pets) for a household that is already overstuffed, no matter how it got to be that way.

The mod that allows TryForBaby on a household with eight or more is one that we cannot discuss on this forum (its name begins with a "W"). We are free to discuss it all we like at NRaas, though. :)
    https://www.nraas.net
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    :smile: Thanks for helping out Igazor. I'm going to close this thread off though as it's been inactive since 2015. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top