Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MAKE SIMS 4 HOUSEHOLDS BIGGER!!!

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2018
    No, I'm fine with it.
    As for me, I wish we could have more than 8 Sims on a lot. I love HUGE families. Mostly, because I started playing my Ancestors, which is a hoot! However, they all had large households. Children didn't often survive past age five, and some were miscarried, far more often than we know. Some died in infancy. This happened so often it was recommended that parents didn't name their children prior to age 1. Take a look at the death records. It's not uncommon to see Baby Last Name. They may give the gender, Baby Boy Last Name. But that generally means the child didn't survive infancy. Trying to play my family with a certain amount of accuracy is hard enough as per the limits of game play. No way to properly build a fort, no way to have the Cherokee strike, et al. No way to divorce my 18th century Sims from their CELL PHONES. "Gee, honey, I won't be home for Dinner this afternoon, I'm stuck out here in the wild chasing after the raiding Indians."

@GalacticGal what a great idea! I have a family tree which goes back to my fourth great grandparents but I don’t know what they looked like so I couldn’t really play them as sims. Half my family is Irish and they had massive families, so I get why the household limit would be a problem. I guess if it was me I would only create and play those children who made it to adulthood (many of them died in infancy in the big families on my own family tree).
  • M_Valentine22M_Valentine22 Posts: 203 Member
    Yes, It's so annoying! (Comment below)
    8 sims is much too much for me, so I never even use the full number I am allowed in a household.

You have the 100th comment well done
    hope you all are smiling x
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    An 8 count would be fine if pets and future pets(farm/woodland/zoo/unicorn/dragon/ect.) wouldn't be lumped in with the count, therefore, I voted to raise it. I think since we can't control pets, which I do like, they should go in and make pets not count. I'm not sure if they could do that in an update or if that is impossible now. I would love to play a family who just has all kinds of kids and pets and at this point that is impossible to have a large family and to raise litters of animals.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    the 8 sim max is for the most part fine however, due to the lack of story progression in sims 4, when my sim marries a townie (as i only play one household per world with no mods or CC) i move the in-laws into my simhold. i dont move extra children out as they will just inhibit a house, age through the life stages and die without marrying and having their own children so theres no point IMO.

for this reason i try to have one child per generation BUT sometimes twins or triplets occur, and once my male sim got abducted and impregnated and his wife got pregnant at the same time even though im confident it was a normal woo-hoo not a try for baby woo-hoo, so my household was at capacity in moments.

id like the option to have more sims per household and much like others have commented id like it to be based on what my PC can handle with an option in settings. this way i can move in all the in-laws and can have extra children so my family trees are a bit more diverse. this would mean once the bugs are fixed i could introduce pets into the equation as well. by having an option in settings it would give all of us the option to test how many sims we can have before the computer cracks it and set the limit there.

a few commented that they dont want something forced on them that might slow down the game due to other bugs it causes, which are valid concerns, however based on a few threads and comments ive seen there are a few simmers that feel this way about toddlers being introduced. as nice as it is to have toddlers they are still a litte buggy regardless of household or lot size and it seems that no matter what they do when new things are released it causes bugs.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    As for me, I wish we could have more than 8 Sims on a lot. I love HUGE families. Mostly, because I started playing my Ancestors, which is a hoot! However, they all had large households. Children didn't often survive past age five, and some were miscarried, far more often than we know. Some died in infancy. This happened so often it was recommended that parents didn't name their children prior to age 1. Take a look at the death records. It's not uncommon to see Baby Last Name. They may give the gender, Baby Boy Last Name. But that generally means the child didn't survive infancy. Trying to play my family with a certain amount of accuracy is hard enough as per the limits of game play. No way to properly build a fort, no way to have the Cherokee strike, et al. No way to divorce my 18th century Sims from their CELL PHONES. "Gee, honey, I won't be home for Dinner this afternoon, I'm stuck out here in the wild chasing after the raiding Indians."

@GalacticGal what a great idea! I have a family tree which goes back to my fourth great grandparents but I don’t know what they looked like so I couldn’t really play them as sims. Half my family is Irish and they had massive families, so I get why the household limit would be a problem. I guess if it was me I would only create and play those children who made it to adulthood (many of them died in infancy in the big families on my own family tree).

All of my sixth great-grandparents made it to adulthood. My problem is their fourth son, SEVENTH child (they had ten before my sixth great-grandmother succumbed to complications of childbirth with said tenth child) was my fifth great-grandfather. Trying to sort out which of the ten to play is vexing. I LOVE them all.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • TreebrookeTreebrooke Posts: 80 Member
    I would prefer to be able to have more sims in a house and to NOT have pets be counted the same as sims. The only reason I don't use mods for it is because it kills CAS badly for the household.
  • LillianTheLlamaLillianTheLlama Posts: 7 New Member
    So I'm not sure how to "Vote" but I know for a fact I HATE that we can only have 8 sims. I wish there wasn't a limit, because, in reality, you can have as many kids/pets as you want. I guess I'd be fine with the 10/12 limit,because I wanna have 2 married adults, and I want grandparents(1-4) living there aswell. Then,one or two teens,two children,triplet toddlers,and one baby. Plus,without limits,imagine all the challenges! But in setting I think you should be able to switch it back. Just something I hope they change/bring into the sims 5. I also would be fine with this being a gamepack or whatever.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully agree on this aspecaly if say for sims that let there sims age and for story purpose the sims requires to have 7 sim kids or simply went a big family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I think 10 would be better since we have pets.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    More than 8 sims at a time without a better ai? Heesh...
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    No, I'm fine with it.
    So I'm not sure how to "Vote" but I know for a fact I HATE that we can only have 8 sims. I wish there wasn't a limit, because, in reality, you can have as many kids/pets as you want. I guess I'd be fine with the 10/12 limit,because I wanna have 2 married adults, and I want grandparents(1-4) living there aswell. Then,one or two teens,two children,triplet toddlers,and one baby. Plus,without limits,imagine all the challenges! But in setting I think you should be able to switch it back. Just something I hope they change/bring into the sims 5. I also would be fine with this being a gamepack or whatever.

Actually you get charges and fined with hoarding in many states unless you have a Kennel license or a working farm - to have as many pets as you want, especially with dogs and cats. So that is limited at least in the USA. They will take your pets away from you - it's just sad, especially for the pets that get taken. So reflecting realism - that is realism.

But I agree I know at least in Sims 2 and 3 - when pets came out we did have 2 more slots added - I don't recall if Sims 1 did that but I know the next two did - so I can agree they should have allowed 2 more slots this time as well - as I do like to have at least one set of grandparents in the family households to help with the kids and pets and it makes it hard if there is only 8 slots as I used to play 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 parents, 2 kids and one set of grand parents.

Now I can't play like that. So I've gotten used to having just 1 of each pet and 1 kid most of the time. I tend to play way less families and more single households or really small households with 1 child and one pet and one parent that has a work from home job, the other parent usually has a job I go to work with them and no grandparents.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simimpsimimp Posts: 94 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I'm fine with 8 sims in a household. That size is chaotic enough as it is. The only issue I have is that, when you do have 8 sims, their icons on the bottom left become painfully small.
    twas brillig, amirite?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    simimp wrote: »
    I'm fine with 8 sims in a household. That size is chaotic enough as it is. The only issue I have is that, when you do have 8 sims, their icons on the bottom left become painfully small.

Amen to that. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    My computer lagged with giant lots and 8 sims on a lot, so I wouldn't be able to take advantage of a bigger home. But I'd like to have the option, just in case I want to make a boarding school for my sim kids.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    Eight is enough! :)
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    I made my family bigger because 8 isn't enough now that we have pets. I raised from 8 to 12 using MC Command Center
  • xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    I would love to see at least 10 sim households. So many times have I created "schools" or "military schools" that have boarding rooms that house 4 sims each with 2 headmasters. I tried the MCCC mod to change it, but I don't think it worked. 2 of my sims always disappeared when I restarted the game, or when I went to "edit in CAS" only 8 showed up.
  • xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Sometimes i wish i could make a huge family live on one lot. Grandparents and grandchildren, uncles and aunts, cousins and siblings. Sometimes i wish i could have a sim with ten hunting dogs and one fat cat. Sometimes i wish i could build two-three houses on one big lot and play with a few families at the same times. So yes, i agree. Make Sims 4 households bigger if that is a possibility!

I'd love to have large extended families. I think this could also incorporate more culture types. There are many different cultures out there that don't just have Mom, Dad, and Kids.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The thing is, you don't have to have 10 people is you don't want to, but some of us want more room because of the pets. Let us have the option.
  • HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2019
    I always use cheats and mods like MCC to add them anyway. Especially to change their outfits separately without me taking the whole family to CAS. Good thing I never lag while having 27 sims in one household. lol B) I think you could add sims to family cheat with the use of mods?
    2vc864m.jpg

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Sometimes I wish it were bigger but most of the time I'm fine with it
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I am fine with 8, I just wish it was like TS3 where pets weren't included in that total.
  • VioletfeyVioletfey Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2019
    Because of the Pets expansion pack, I think upping the household size to 10 would be useful. I made Will Graham from Hannibal (a loner-type guy and avid animal-lover), and he has like 7 dogs, so he rounds off the household cap at 8. But because of this, he can't move another sim in with him and all of his lovely dogs. :'(

That was specific to my own gameplay, but in general, I'm also thinking about people that would like to play the Sims with large families + pets.
    Post edited by Violetfey on
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    No, I'm fine with it.
    I’m fine with it. Though I once wanted to make the Louds from The Loud House but there wasn’t enough room.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    I wish dogs and cats didnt take up a playable spot of my household that could actually be used to control a sim. why couldnt they layer the slots like they did in sims 3. like instead of having a dog take up a spot for a sim that I can command where to go. idk its just a bit irritating knowing that my household is too big and my pets are taking unnecessary space. i love you pets but please D: