Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April patch --> unplayable game

After the April patch two major problems accured in my game. 1st: I cannot click on objects and sims, so basically I can give no orders, I cannot play. Second when I try to apply for a job only a blank page appears.
Please help!

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would suggest you post about this issue on the ea forum at this link https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    After the April patch two major problems accured in my game. 1st: I cannot click on objects and sims, so basically I can give no orders, I cannot play. Second when I try to apply for a job only a blank page appears.
    Please help!

Did you update your CC and mods? With every patch you need to remove your CC and mods - especially mods as they need to be on the same patch level as the patches - otherwise the game gets broken - as user made content has to be updated by their creators or breakage occurs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Definitely sounds like a broken mod issue. Remove your mods and run a game repair to see if the game runs as it should without them. Then check for updates of all your mods before adding anything back in. If you don't have mods it might be a CC Issue so you'll have to slowly add CC back in to figure out which piece is causing you trouble.
    ~ ~ ~
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    I updated MCC, UI cheats and other bigger mods and removed all smaller ones. Well if its a cc I have no idea, I have thousands of them.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @Vikimicike trying removing your mod cc folder and run the game vanilla to see if the problem is still there taking @rosemow who might also have an answer
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Also, add things back in slowly. Starting with the least suspicious first. This is all your CC which can be thankfully updated through Sims 4 Studio.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have similar troubles whether mods and ccs are used or not. Some of my sims just vanished, though. Their icons show they are at home, but they are nowhere to be found, and I can't control them.

Edit: It looks like only the households I played during Easter between 19th through 22th of April are playable now.
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have similar troubles whether mods and ccs are used or not. Some of my sims just vanished, though. Their icons show they are at home, but they are nowhere to be found, and I can't control them.

Edit: It looks like only the households I played during Easter between 19th through 22th of April are playable now.

This is exactly what's happening to me! I can only play one household now. With my other families, houses are gone, characters are unplayable, and weird cosmetic changes have happened that don't match what they look like in CAS. I have this problem even with no mods at all.

Edit: I created a new household tonight. One of the characters froze, so I exited and reentered the household. They were now unplayable too.

Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just learned that EA is aware of this problem and is working on a patch. Hopefully it gets patched soon! It's really sad not being able to play any of my families (except one).
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just learned that EA is aware of this problem and is working on a patch. Hopefully it gets patched soon! It's really sad not being able to play any of my families (except one).

Really? That’ll be patch #2 now to fix problems caused from the “big” April patch smh
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Really? That’ll be patch #2 now to fix problems caused from the “big” April patch smh

Keep in mind not all of us have had problems with the patch. I hardly ever have issues with patches - but then I don't use CC, mods, or cheats in a developing game either - for this very reason.

Also when people move out their mod/CC folder - they also need to clean their caches as some elements of that content will remain in the game even if the folder is moved if it is in the caches. Also test with a new game - as some of the fixes in patches will not fix old problems and only work to keep them from happening in new games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2019
    drakharis wrote: »
    Also, add things back in slowly. Starting with the least suspicious first. This is all your CC which can be thankfully updated through Sims 4 Studio.
    how can we update cc with Sims 4 Studio?