March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires?

How do you play vampires?

I'm playing my first one and I'm really enjoying the whole rank system and learning how they work but I don't really know what I'm doing. In my mind logic tells me that vampires don't have babies but at the same time I have no idea how to progress the family without them having babies at some point and what happens if they do have vampire babies? Isn't it weird that they just age up and become the same age as their parents?

I know I'm over thinking things and shouldn't take it so serious. I'm just curious to know how others play with vampires.

I appreciate any replies.

Comments

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Well, the baby part depends on the partner. If the partner is human there is a 50/50 chance that the baby will be vampire.

My Mafia vampire had twins with his human lady. Hades(son) came out human and Angel(daughter) came out a vampire. They had another daughter later and she came out human as well.

It does seem kinda weird that they are all the same age at YA but I think you can still age up vampires to create an elder/youngling kinda system.
    If you go for the "guilty drinker" weakness the "Carefree" trait from the rewards store will cancel out any tense emotions from it.
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    I guess it might look a bit weird if your sims' kids are the same age or perhaps even appear older (if they were not born as vampires and did not turn into vampires thereafter) as your sims, just like in vampire movies and tv shows. I tend to make my vampire parents dress a bit smarter/more mature. I guess from a storytelling perspective, you can go super wild with vampire families. Like having one human sibling who grows up to try to cure their family of vampirism, or having two rival siblings grow their own cults and get into fights, etc. There are also vampire challenges out there. Have fun!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    If two Vamps try for baby as bats, the child will automatically get the bat form power upon becoming a teen (you can put those 2 points towards something else). This is always the first one I choose because it makes it so much quicker to get out of the sun after school or work.
    As has been noted, carefree cancels guilty drinker so that's a great one to go for. I also choose withered stomach because food does nothing for them.

I don't worry about the age "difference" between the parents and kids because aging stops at YA for Vamps born in game and teens/YAs/adults all look so similar anyway that it just doesn't matter to me. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My saves never last long enough for things to get weird. I do have a rule that I came up with though. As soon as the oldest Vampire child becomes a teenager, the YA vampire will cure themselves. Pretty neat if you ask me.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I only have one vampire family, I've had them since my first generation of my legacy play. Basically, I had them make their own legacy - they're about four generations in, last time I checked.

To answer your question about the babies - it's a 50/50 chance I believe for sim x vampire, or if you have two vampires, you will have a vampire child. At least, that's what's happened when I've played. But, you don't have to have kids if you don't want to. I find it a little pointless unless you want to create a legacy; once the vampire sim gets to YA stage, they stop aging... Which means you're stuck with whatever family you decide to create, and they won't die. Ever. Unless of course you leave them in the sun or something. This is something I've found draws me away from playing my vampire family - I'm about 12 generations in my legacy overall, but only 4 generations in my vampire family.

As far as other vampire stuff, I'm sort of boring in the sense that I tend to choose the same weaknesses and some of the same powers;
    • Withered stomach - it's just avoiding eating food. Not like they need to eat food anyway
    • Sleep of the undead - the one where they can only sleep in coffins. It kind of goes along with the overall theme I've got going with a few of my vampire generations
    • Eternal sadness - they get a sad moodlet for a few hours every now and then, but it's easy to overcome it

The powers I generally use are:
    • Sun resistance - the one where your vampire can survive longer in the sun. Does it take the challenge out of gameplay? Sort of. But I find it so much easier when I'm not constantly having to rush my vampire indoors.
    • Vampire creation - look, it's just fun to have the ability to turn other sims into vampires
    • Bat form or mist form or even sometimes supernatural speed - these are all as they sound. It just sort of makes game play slightly easier when your sim doesn't take hours to walk somewhere

I don't always use all of these weaknesses or powers, though, I try to push myself to also use different ones for each sim to keep gameplay a little interesting. It seems as though I go in 'streaks' where I play only my regular legacy for awhile, and not even think about my vampire family/legacy; and sometimes I get so consumed into my vampire legacy and the gameplay of the vampire pack.

I find that vampires are actually really fun, and they add a little challenge to the game.

Hope that I was some help to your gameplay!
    giphy.gif
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I haven't play vampires long enough to have the age thing be a problem. I understand how that could become weird, but I kind of like that aspect of vampires. I've been wanting to create a coven of vampires who live with some humans and see how that plays out. I've played Caleb Vatore the most of all my vampires so far and he has two twin daughters, one a vampire and one a human. Their mother was human when she got pregnant, then became a vampire, decided she didn't want to live forever as a vampire and took the cure. I'm still kind of figuring it out myself.

You could definitely have a save where you don't allow vampires to have babies naturally. The only vampires that get to exist are the ones who are turned. I've thought about doing that as well. Then if your vamps wanted to have children they would have to adopt.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited April 2019
    when I play vampires, I determine what bloodline they have on some particular save for example, Save A vampire is from Buffy so I try to make all vampires in that particular save looks like the one and have power/weakness like that in the buffy, in different save I use different vampire from different media or maybe mixing everything, I usually disable pregnancy for mostly all female vampire and only some to a male vampire or you know let them have childrens before becoming one and also I'd stop vampire teen aging altogether. their behavior before vampire determine how I play them as vampire, if they were mean before, I played them as feral vampire later.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have a vampire queen who is creating her own clan with a few men from the human world she turned. I had to go a bit twilight in reasoning how she can have babies, basically in the vampire world there are a few (maybe less) rare women who remain fertile and able to conceive. She is one of them and having babies born vampires is more desirable than turning humans, makes them more powerful. She picked who she deemed the strongest men to father her children. Don, J and Paolo and they are her consorts and clan protectors. Together they are building the largest and strongest clan.

As for them all appearing to be the same age. I like to think that once they die and their vampire powers take over they no longer age obviously. They reach maturity and then they freeze. I still see the parent vampires as elders but they just don't age like humans do.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Thanks for all the replies. It's been interesting reading everything and I feel like I have a much better understanding about how I want to play my vampires now. <3
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    The way I play vampires (i.e. what powers/weaknesses they have, their appearance and how they reproduce etc.) will depend on the vampire lore I have based the world/my vampire character on, as well as that sim's personality and story. So the possibilities are practically endless! For example, in my main save vampires rule the world from behind the scenes - they're in the media, the police, the government, everywhere and anywhere you can think of! "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist", right? They stop ageing both physically and mentally once they become vampires (I play with ageing off and age up sims manually). They can eat food for pleasure or appearances (although they don't need it) and don't need to feed on other sims, but are cursed with a terrible, unending thirst for plasma, which over time leads them to lose all trace of their humanity with Dampened Emotions and an Insatiable Thirst. Their dark form simply consists of completely black eyes and the classic two vampire fangs, and this only appears when they're fighting or feeding. They have evolved to be able to walk in sunlight (Sun Resistance), but are still sensitive to it (Day Phobia). They don't sleep in coffins or turn into bats or anything like that, but they do have Vampiric Strength which increases with age, as well as the Vampire Creation ability. Only the eldest surviving vampire, their leader, has the ability to Command other vampires, as their vampire blood all traces back to him. He's one of the original vampires or the offspring of an original vampire and completely inhuman.

My main vampire sim was originally born in the 15th century and suffered an extremely traumatic life before becoming a vampire as a young adult. He became one of the most powerful and feared Grand Masters, second only to the eldest/leader of the vampires himself, but unlike the others never truly lost his humanity and instead chose to become a Good Vampire and Tamed his Thirst, so he now tries to live like a human. Sadly there is no cure for vampirism in his world which is part of the tragedy for the immortal vampire, and due to his dark past he suffers from Eternal Sadness and Fitful Sleep. He also has a slight Undead Aura about him because he's so old and because he's a Guilty Drinker so he often becomes anxious/stressed around normal sims, which can sometimes make him seem odd and uptight to strangers. As for children, he has an adopted daughter with his (werewolf) partner, but while rare it is possible for male vampires to have biological children with human female sims. In my head I like to think this child would be a 'dhampir' or half-vampire - basically human but with improved health, longer lifespan and sensitivity to the supernatural. I have another Grand Master vampire in a different save with a human girlfriend and plan on him turning her once she has their daughter (and later turning his daughter in a planned ceremony once she is of age and has had a child and so on - thus the family tree can continue). He also has plans for vampires to enslave/take over the sims world with him as the new leader and an army/club of vampire offspring that will follow his every command. >:)

Vampires are very versatile in TS4 as well as fiction. There are so many different takes on vampires to get inspiration from and no 'wrong' way to play a vampire in my opinion. Just let your imagination run wild and have fun! :)
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
    The way I play vampires (i.e. what powers/weaknesses they have, their appearance and how they reproduce etc.) will depend on the vampire lore I have based the world/my vampire character on, as well as that sim's personality and story. So the possibilities are practically endless! For example, in my main save vampires rule the world from behind the scenes - they're in the media, the police, the government, everywhere and anywhere you can think of! "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist", right? They stop ageing both physically and mentally once they become vampires (I play with ageing off and age up sims manually). They can eat food (although they don't need it) and don't need to feed on other sims, but are cursed with a terrible, unending thirst for plasma, which over time leads them to lose all trace of their humanity with Dampened Emotions and an Insatiable Thrist. Their dark form simply consists of completely black eyes and the classic two vampire fangs, and this only appears when they're fighting or feeding. They have evolved to be able to walk in sunlight (Sun Resistance), but are still sensitive to it (Day Phobia). They don't sleep in coffins or turn into bats, but they do have Vampiric Strength which increases with age, as well as the Vampire Creation ability. Only the eldest surviving vampire, their leader, has the ability to Command other vampires, as their vampire blood all traces back to him. He's one of the original vampires or the offspring of an original vampire and completely inhuman.

My main vampire sim was originally born in the 15th century and suffered an extremely traumatic life before becoming a vampire as a young adult. He became one of the most powerful and feared Grand Masters, second only to the eldest/leader of the vampires himself, but unlike the others never truly lost his humanity and instead chose to become a Good Vampire and Tamed his Thirst, so he now tries to live like a human. Sadly there is no cure for vampirism in his world which is part of the tragedy for the immortal vampire, and due to his dark past he suffers from Eternal Sadness and Fitful Sleep. He also has a slight Undead Aura about him because he's so old and because he's a Guilty Drinker so he often becomes anxious/stressed around normal sims, which can sometimes make him seem odd and uptight to strangers. As for children, he has an adopted daughter with his (werewolf) partner, but while rare it is possible for male vampires to have biological children with human female sims. In my head I like to think this child would be a 'dhampir' or half-vampire - basically human but with improved health, longer lifespan and sensitivity to the supernatural. I have another Grand Master vampire in a different save with a human girlfriend and plan on him turning her once she has their daughter (and later turning his daughter in a planned ceremony once she is of age and has had a child and so on - thus the family tree can continue). He also has plans for vampires to take over the sims world with him as the new leader and an army/club of vampire offspring that will follow his every command. >:)

Vampires are very versatile in TS4 as well as fiction. There are so many different takes on vampires to get inspiration from and no 'wrong' way to play a vampire in my opinion. Just let your imagination run wild and have fun! :)

Seriously, this is the most awesome story I've heard in a looong time. I totally want to start a new save with my mafia boss vampire now.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Seriously, this is the most awesome story I've heard in a looong time. I totally want to start a new save with my mafia boss vampire now.

Aww, thank you! I'm so glad I inspired someone. :)
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Or wait after midnight and don't lock any doors let sims go sleep he'll come knocking or stalk your sims.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    edited April 2019
    I'm wondering why feeding good vampires is such a challenge? I have two vampires in one household that are good and it's costing a fortune for the plasma packs. They have a few plasma trees on their property but the fruit is even worse than the plasma packs for filling the thirst bar. Fishing is generally boring and shouldn't really be a thing that vampires have to spend their entire undead life doing. I'm feeling some what frustrated that they made it so difficult to keep a good vampire well fed.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited April 2019
    Go find yourself a couple of frogs. Breed them as often as you can and make plasma packs out of the extra amphibians. ;)
    Yeah, without a mod, it's a pain to keep Vamps fed with the little that you get out of plasma packs/fruit.

If you aren't opposed to mods there is this one that allows you to make plasma packs out of plasma fruit (that should have been an in-game option anyway):
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/search/plasma+fruit
    *And it's updated to the latest patch as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I usually make the plasma fruit salad with eight servings and it generally takes 3-4 bowls to get my vampire's hunger from around halfway full to almost full. She keeps plasma packs in her inventory for when she's out and about. It is a bit ridiculous how badly all of the alternative foods fill hunger. The frog breeding is a nice tip.
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Go find yourself a couple of frogs. Breed them as often as you can and make plasma packs out of the extra amphibians. ;)
    Yeah, without a mod, it's a pain to keep Vamps fed with the little that you get out of plasma packs/fruit.

If you aren't opposed to mods there is this one that allows you to make plasma packs out of plasma fruit (that should have been an in-game option anyway):
    https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/search/plasma+fruit
    *And it's updated to the latest patch as well.

Thank you so much for the tip. I had my vamps go out and collect some frogs. It's helping a lot.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm wondering why feeding good vampires is such a challenge? I have two vampires in one household that are good and it's costing a fortune for the plasma packs. They have a few plasma trees on their property but the fruit is even worse than the plasma packs for filling the thirst bar. Fishing is generally boring and shouldn't really be a thing that vampires have to spend their entire undead life doing. I'm feeling some what frustrated that they made it so difficult to keep a good vampire well fed.

A good vampire can feed from other sims, they just have to ask permission first so they wont feel guilty. The higher the friendship the more likely they will allow it. If your reputation is high enough even strangers will let you drink from them.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    i play a vampire family legacy style. i use mods to help keep things moving along. my vamps age and die like normal sims, but their lifespans are a bit longer. and i have my mod set for 0 vamp babies if one parent is human, so that gives me a little bit of control over the offspring. when ive chosen my heir, the vampire parent will share their gift with them, and the rest of the children will remain human.

i almost always start a 'vampire food' club. random sims from around the town that i can invite over to snack on. butler, maids, and nannies work well for this too. nannies are usualy extremely delicious and for some reason, dont have a bite cooldown for me. dunno if its a mod thing or a glitch thing, but im not complaining about it lol. as soon as the nanny wakes up from being drained, any other vampire in the house can drink from them again, so thats pretty helpful. just dont use 'drain life spirit' that one is a pain to recover from and erases a sims memory.

vamps are a lot of fun and pose unique challenges to play. if you have teen vamps (they wont really become vamps untill they hit teen) make sure you account for their whereabouts at all times before they have sun protection! i have lost a few kids that way. standing by the street being stupid or trying to hop in the pool.

also if you use a vamp and play in strangerville, there are a few things to take note of. yes, vampires can get infected if they drink from an infected sim! so make extra sure they dont run off in a daze into the sunlight if they are under the mothers influence! its pretty hilarious when they do tho hahaa. vamps are great i love them
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Zeri wrote: »
    i play a vampire family legacy style. i use mods to help keep things moving along. my vamps age and die like normal sims, but their lifespans are a bit longer. and i have my mod set for 0 vamp babies if one parent is human, so that gives me a little bit of control over the offspring. when ive chosen my heir, the vampire parent will share their gift with them, and the rest of the children will remain human.

i almost always start a 'vampire food' club. random sims from around the town that i can invite over to snack on. butler, maids, and nannies work well for this too. nannies are usualy extremely delicious and for some reason, dont have a bite cooldown for me. dunno if its a mod thing or a glitch thing, but im not complaining about it lol. as soon as the nanny wakes up from being drained, any other vampire in the house can drink from them again, so thats pretty helpful. just dont use 'drain life spirit' that one is a pain to recover from and erases a sims memory.

vamps are a lot of fun and pose unique challenges to play. if you have teen vamps (they wont really become vamps untill they hit teen) make sure you account for their whereabouts at all times before they have sun protection! i have lost a few kids that way. standing by the street being stupid or trying to hop in the pool.

also if you use a vamp and play in strangerville, there are a few things to take note of. yes, vampires can get infected if they drink from an infected sim! so make extra sure they dont run off in a daze into the sunlight if they are under the mothers influence! its pretty hilarious when they do tho hahaa. vamps are great i love them

My sims seem to like Cassandra Goth and Bob Pancakes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited April 2019
    Not always, Immortality doesn't mean they Stop aging
    I Play Vampires as demonic figures, creatures of immense darkness.
    My Daemon is Named Daerick, He was born in the 6th Century, he wasn't always a daemon tho, he was a Sorcerer along with twin Brother Kaegan. It's a Long and dark History, essentially Kaegan is responsible for turning his brother into a daemon, and he was his burden. Until Daegan's Darkness was too much for their world, and Kaegan banished him to the Realm of Darkness, the perfect prison.

It depends on the supernatural,
    For Daegan He's also a sort of incubi. for Centuries he manages to break free from the realm of darkness temporarily, and have an affairs with a willing victims. The plan was to plant his seed and bring daemon pawns into the world, that would help him with his plan.

In the Middle ages -High Middle Ages, Daegan obtains 10 victims to carry his spawns. He Impregnates 7 Knights one of them twice, 3 of the 7 Knights were of the King's Royal Guard, he takes The Queen, and finally the King Himself.

In 1868, a victim whom he did not intend to genuinely fall in love with, it almost came to the point where he was so in love with Regina, he was about to Abandon his designs for revenge. That was until his lover was murdered.

It's all about the relevance of Age, Even in my soon to be Sorcerer HouseHold

We have Kaegan a Sorcerer who is essentially over 1500+ years old, but biologically he looks 45, he has appeared to be in his late 30s-40s for the last 500 years.
    Remember Daegan is Kaegan's twin, so he's just as old, also biologically 45 years of age.
    Kaegan has a Daughter with his wife Vivian, Julia, was born in the late 1400s. Almost 500 years pass and it's the 1980s, and Julia biologically appears to be in her mid-twenties. when She meets her Husband. and has kids. Her kids will inherit a regular Human aging.

For all the Daemon spawns Daegan Created, One who was born in the medieval ages, is almost taken out of time. "Put on the shelf, until Daegan is ready to put him into play, and doesn't until Julia's Son, Kaegan's Grandson, and Daegan's Grand-nephew is Born, in the early 2000s. As they continue to grow up. You won't biologically notice who is older, yes, my point is when it appears, that a Immortal "eternally young" vampire has a kid and that kid grows up to appear the same age as their parent. Just remember how long their parent has been around before their kid.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited April 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

A good vampire can feed from other sims, they just have to ask permission first so they wont feel guilty. The higher the friendship the more likely they will allow it. If your reputation is high enough even strangers will let you drink from them.

That's actually good to know. My vampires don't have the greatest reputations at the moment. I'm still learning how to play them so I did have them feed on sims without permission a few times. I really hope I can salvage the damage caused by my noobness in the future. :D
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    For some reason my vampires cannot eat the plasma fruit salad , they just throw up as soon as they try .
    Also i get the resistance to sunlight trait as soon as i can , I had 2 die when i was playing another family and not controlling them , I saw them on the lot and smoke pouring from them then they died and the grim reaper appeared so now all my vamps have the immunity

Now my vampires live happily in a 5 storey castle
    For some reason my vampires cannot eat the plasma fruit salad , they just throw up as soon as they try .

Mine do the same. I think it's cause of the withered stomach weakness.