Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't believe this just happened (Lottery)

A top level comedian Sim of mine died of laughter seconds before winning the lottery. All because her daughter became best friends with her while she was very playful. This was also supposed to be the last day of her life! I thought it would be touching if they became best friends then. But no! She croaks and seconds later I find out she won the lottery but didn't get paid because she died! I feel like the game is trying to spite me! :s:D I've been reloading the save trying to keep her alive before it happens, but the lottery is random every time. I like fair playing but this just seems like the game is mad at me lol! I knew I shouldn't have fed her gummy bear pancakes... .

Comments

• Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Never mind I figured I'll just have one of my sims seduce whoever won the lottery to get the money back lol.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of your sim or even a relative?
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • Options
    EdieApplebyEdieAppleby Posts: 134 Member
    I keep hoping, but I've never had a Sim win the lottery, and, unlike in your case, it's always seemed like cheating to just marry the winner. But you are perfectly justified in doing that.
    That's like when I had a sim once marry Jaques Villareal for his money because he was gonna die soon, but he died at the wedding right before they even got married.
  • Options
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of you sim or even a relative?

No I just had my sim hop over to their house and seduce them for the cash. I ended up restarting like 4 times but in my head Rockala still won the lottery lol. After I took the cash Rockala (the original winner [my sim]) died of old age while on the phone to move. Her daughter and son in law took the mansion. I'm giving them half off the bills since it's such an expensive place.
  • Options
    I keep hoping, but I've never had a Sim win the lottery, and, unlike in your case, it's always seemed like cheating to just marry the winner. But you are perfectly justified in doing that.
    That's like when I had a sim once marry Jaques Villareal for his money because he was gonna die soon, but he died at the wedding right before they even got married.

LOL That's horrible. They should make a gold digger challenge for those of us who like to get rich off of relationships in game.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of you sim or even a relative?
    They do - in my game Dustin Broke won the lottery, then married Penny Piza (spelling), but he had a child with my sim (who hated children btw) I have made sure his daughter knows him lol and hoping she is living with him when he croaks. Although Penny and he have 2 other children. Then another time a couple in Strangerville won.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Oh my, that's a very funny and disappointing story! I'm still holding out hope for the day one of my sims wins the lottery.. but not yet lol
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Oh man, thats a scenario right there! I would keep the drama. I played the lottery maybe 3 times and never won. I wonder if these sims who win, get the money in their bank though. What if its a friend of your sim or even a relative?

They do. I had a sim dating an alien who won. I invited her over, moved her in and she brought with her over 1 million simoleons.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Assimulo Just wondering, did your comedians daughter cry? Did she cry because her mother died, or because she lost out on getting her hands on your millions? :D
  • Options
    In my game yesterday, Orange won the Lottery. He is an elder in my game and no one lives in GF hood. They all died. Orange is always angry now . Guess he is grumpy in his old age! :*
  • Options
    @Assimulo Just wondering, did your comedians daughter cry? Did she cry because her mother died, or because she lost out on getting her hands on your millions? :D

I don't know. But I felt like that was Rockala's grand finale. To die of laughter and take one million Simoleons to the grave with her.
  • Options
    Assimulo wrote: »

I don't know. But I felt like that was Rockala's grand finale. To die of laughter and take one million Simoleons to the grave with her.

:D:D>:)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    While you're waiting for a lottery win, my Sim is waiting for an Accolade or at least some kind of recognition from the music industry. I do have my Sim buy a ticket, so he can be happy for fulfilling the day, but he really doesn't need the money.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    While you're waiting for a lottery win, my Sim is waiting for an Accolade or at least some kind of recognition from the music industry. I do have my Sim buy a ticket, so he can be happy for fulfilling the day, but he really doesn't need the money.

A million Simoleons is easy to lose too. First you move into a really expensive lot and then you pay the rest in bills. Rinse and repeat until you're back into your starter home a couple generations later. lol!

Edit: Bad Grammar. lol
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yup, I had a vampire win the lottery, problem is they have a money tree so the million went on top of their 500,000. :o I've never had a sim who was so wealthy...boring. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

My current sim, an actress who is more aspiring to reach the peak of fame, was nominated for an Accolade. As soon as she got to the presentation, it was announced she had won. Weirdest thing to happen.

There was one time I had actually won the lottery, and found myself not too happy I had. I think I had entered it just for the aspiration points, not expecting to win. Used the money to make an immense bunker underneath the lot.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    *explodes from anger and shock for the poor Simmer who lost the lottery that gives you a million bucks*
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    *explodes from anger and shock for the poor Simmer who lost the lottery that gives you a million bucks*

TY *Takes it and runs*
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm still hoping for one of my household wining the lottery. :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Yup, I had a vampire win the lottery, problem is they have a money tree so the million went on top of their 500,000. :o I've never had a sim who was so wealthy...boring. :D

I think it can get kinda boring with that much money too, but when my sims do get that wealthy I try to mix it up a little by taking on features of the game that require cash, like vacations. Also I do the GTW GF or interactive careers or at least make sure my sims have goals or even regular careers because without them it gets monotonous. Hunting for collectibles is another thing I do. Maybe building and running a fancy restaurant, business, or vet clinic is also worth it after that too.