Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• JacklynnJacklynn Posts: 2 New Member
    Bookmarking this. :D
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    If one child is going potty, another one can watch that child and gain potty skill as well

This is so weird, but so helpful and cool! Thanks!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Kathykins wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    You click on the mailbox during Harvest Fest and gives you the option to mail out thank you cards

This is a really fast way to raise Empathy for teens as there's no limit to how many cards you can send.

Speaking of: Appeasing Gnomes give you Empathy. If they like it, of course.
    And coffee seems to be a sure bet. Are the gnomes Swedish? We sure like our coffee...

I usually go with coffee as well, and they very rarely dislike it.
    (us Norwegians like our coffee as well B) )

Diff gnomes like diff things. Most like coffee but the bunny one likes salad, a few like pie, one likes a toy. If you give those ones coffee they won't be happy. You can google gnome guide to see what each likes :)
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    You click on the mailbox during Harvest Fest and gives you the option to mail out thank you cards

This is a really fast way to raise Empathy for teens as there's no limit to how many cards you can send.

And coffee seems to be a sure bet. Are the gnomes Swedish? We sure like our coffee...

Diff gnomes like diff things. Most like coffee but the bunny one likes salad, a few like pie, one likes a toy. If you give those ones coffee they won't be happy. You can google gnome guide to see what each likes :)

I didn't know that, that's interesting to know, but I got fed up with appeasing the gnomes for the amount of seed packets they leave all over the place.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have just learnt that your pet can run away - even if your relationship bar is full and you are companions. You get an option to advertise it missing on your phone and computer and sad moodlets until it comes back. I think having a dinner party triggered my cat to run off.

Also when you simstigram your pet - you sometimes get bonus rewards from your pets followers. My pet has been sent treats and a ball to play with. You get a notification on your wall and find them in your household inventory.

bHsYa8y.png?1

Enjoying the ball his folllowers sent him.

Also cats will randomly hop on roombas and ride them.
    xmTedFK.png?1
    February11 wrote: »

I didn't know that, that's interesting to know, but I got fed up with appeasing the gnomes for the amount of seed packets they leave all over the place.

Ditto. They need a "pick up all" option or something. I usually remove the gnomes from my harvest Fest haha
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member

Ditto. They need a "pick up all" option or something. I usually remove the gnomes from my harvest Fest haha

That's great idea! Should put that one forward!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • DentalchickJuliaDentalchickJulia Posts: 12 New Member
    Today I discovered on the civic public access channel they play a sitcom that remind me of that old goofy show elimidate. Cracked me up. I love all the little gems in this game!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

I always appease the gnomes because once Harvestfest is over you can sell what's inside and it's almost as good as winning the lottery.

I didn't know that your sims could win the lottery!
    funny-gifs20.gif

I learned that you can have multiple adults helping a child with a school project rather than just one. (Not sure how many, but two worked. Here's my Togo getting help from his mum and his Auntie Katie.
    5ls95i.jpg
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Keeping a frog in a children's bedroom satisfies the outdoor badge requirement for scouts. The scout earns a point every time they view the frog.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    While decorating for WinterFest, I found some items sims can click on and it says admire festives, it does not seem to give anything but cute!~

Also when my sims got a pizza, my one sim had the option to garnish it, I did not see any difference but that was new for me.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I learned that you can have multiple adults helping a child with a school project rather than just one. (Not sure how many, but two worked. Here's my Togo getting help from his mum and his Auntie Katie.
    5ls95i.jpg

Upto 5 sims can work on a project at once (child, teen or adult)
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Tixyen I wonder if admiring festives counts towards the festive spirit tradition?
    Plus, I similarly discovered an option to ‘decorate’ the baked Marshmallow Cereal Bars. It added colourful sprinkles. :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    While decorating for WinterFest, I found some items sims can click on and it says admire festives, it does not seem to give anything but cute!~

Also when my sims got a pizza, my one sim had the option to garnish it, I did not see any difference but that was new for me.

Garnishing is related to the cooking skill. I think it increases the quality.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't know that sims could takes drinks in the bath with them and drink them.
    edited April 2019
    NRowe wrote: »
    @Tixyen I wonder if admiring festives counts towards the festive spirit tradition?
    Plus, I similarly discovered an option to ‘decorate’ the baked Marshmallow Cereal Bars. It added colourful sprinkles. :)

Oooooh I did not think to play attention! That be so cool if It did count towards it!~
    Me too!!! I discovered to 'decorate' the brownies for the baking tradition, they had icing on them after :smile:
    04-26-19_8-28-44nbspPM_zpsnffs4i8u.png
    Tixyen wrote: »

Garnishing is related to the cooking skill. I think it increases the quality.

Oooo~ that is always helpful cool!~
  • LegendarySilkeLegendarySilke Posts: 9 New Member
    Sims can eat sitting at the swimming pool's edge without the need of actual seating - pretty handy if you've got a pool party going without sufficient tables outside.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that Seasons came with a Weather Channel and it uses Sims 4 footage instead of Sims 3 footage.
  • damncookiesdamncookies Posts: 34 Member
    you can add babies at CAS (ts4) you can ask why
    Sims can eat sitting at the swimming pool's edge without the need of actual seating - pretty handy if you've got a pool party going without sufficient tables outside.

Or if you're doing the Asylum Challenge C:<
    funny-gifs20.gif

I just thought of something using a feature I knew about, I'd thought I'd share~.

Using the save room feature you can save a decorated room lets say winterfest or new years and instead of putting up the decorations each time, you can just plop the room down when that holiday comes around, cost a bit, but could be useful~
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    If a sim is drinking and gets the call to be abducted, they can take the drink with them.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2019
    I learned that you CAN'T cancel investigate weird lights interaction from Get To Work. That is the interaction that appears when your Sim is gonna get abducted by aliens 👽
    I learned that you don't need a fireplace on the lot for Father Winter to appear.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top