Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone should be worried (Strangerville discussion)

1181920212224...Next

Comments

• KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    Anyone who didn't love The Sims left a long time ago and never looked back. Nobody still here hates the series, quite a lot of us hate parts of this particular game, and it's development.

I am utterly dissatisfied with nearly all content decisions so far, and disappointed at the absence of contemporary technology like multithreading and textureless adaptive shader rendering.
    My primary issues, however, are the ubiquitous lack of attention to technical details like food calorie data, or sim reaction conditions, and the continuing rapid degradation of performance both in transition loading times and live mode processing lag most visible in AI and clock issues.

Few question our developers enthusiasm or creativity, but the empirical technical competence brought to the end result has been dreadful so far, and getting much worse since Seasons came out. That is purely a failure of management, and in no way reflects on the people doing actual work.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Thank you all for your contributions to this thread and listening to mine and everyone's thoughts. I am thankful for you all.

I'm sad to say that I am considering leaving this game behind me and stopping the stressful experience of trying to hope for it to become something that it most likely will not be. I still love the sims, and I still enjoy many things about the game. But when you need such a copious amounts of mods to just keep the game playable and enjoyable, I think at some points you have to consider if it's worth it - the stress and the heart ache - to keep buying packs and playing. I still haven't bought Strangerville, and I doubt I ever will. I haven't updated for the latest patch even, and I don't think I will.
    I think the OP of this thread was an indication of something I've been struggling with for a while now. I think at some point I have to reach the stage of acceptance. This is not the sims game for me. It's for people that want something different than I do, that enjoy and want the shallow, uncomplicated and incomplete. I honestly am happy for anyone that does enjoy the game, but it's clear it wasn't meant for me, nor for a lot of the old players. We're not appreciated or wanted. Message received.

It saddens me that this is how it is now. Maybe this is something that will pass for me, but I doubt it. As much as a part of me wants to keep playing, it's just too much. Maybe the franchise has to die first, to be reborn into something better. Sounds dramatic, I know, but it's been time spent thinking about and dreaming Sims for almost 20 years for me, so this is a big and heart wrenching realization for me. It's the right decisions for me, and I'm not saying it's the same for anyone else. I'm not even sure how I am going to be able to do this. I just know I have to, for my own sanity.

Best wishes to all. Hopefully I will be able to stay away as much as possible, although I won't be able to quit cold turkey. LOL

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---