Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there STILL no nice “ask to leave” option?

I swear this bugs me to on end. Every time I ask someone to leave my house my Sims look like they are yelling at the person...

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I agree. I wish there was a way to politely send visitors on their way when they've outstayed their welcome. 'Ask to leave' looks more like 'get lost' to me, which always makes me feel kind of bad when it's a friend or friendly neighbour.

On closer viewing, it does look like your sim is complaining that they have lots to do or something like that while the visitor sympathises - basically making up some excuse so the visitor will leave. A more polite way of doing it would still be nice.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    I cannot agree more! This has got to be the worst social interaction. I don't understand why it is in the friendly category either. Another thing I don't understand is why the goodbye interaction does nothing. You can say goodbye to a sim, then they just keep going on with another conversation.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    GOODBYE is the nice ask to leave option.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's kind of funny though, the face reaction of the guest seems like he is aware he overstay his welcome.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    No. Goodbye just finishes off the interraction the Sims are involved in but the visiting Sim doesn't leave.

And THANK YOU for pointing this out. Its been bugging me something fierce since I started playing. I have gotten off the stage of cringing everytime my Sims asks their visitors to leave but it still bugs me. Its just so incongruous (love that word) to what has been happening before. For instance a nice makeout session on the couch and maybe a successful 'do you want to be my boy- girlfriend' interraction followed by a romantic peck on the cheek and then out of the blue ..."GET OUT! GET OUT!! GET OUT!!!11!!111!" When the home Sim asks his or her lovebunny to go home.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I really hope they can change this in an upcoming patch ^^
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think of it like Sims have a different culture than humans. It's totally normal to go to sleep and let your guests hang out until they feel like leaving.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just feel it breaks immersion a bit.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I agree, so I use a mod that changes the "ask to leave" animation from what it is now to a simple "goodbye" animation. It is coolspear's "Friendlier Ask to Leave" and you can find it on Simsasylum.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I just use MCCC to make sims leave the lot when they've overstayed their welcome. I hate using the ask to leave option because it's so mean.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited April 2019
    I wonder why they made it look and sound so angry.
    I often just stop talking to the guests and leave them by themselves til they leave on their own.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    GOODBYE is the nice ask to leave option.

I thought Goodbye is what your Sim uses when they leave, not when you want another Sim to leave your residence. Since the current Ask To Leave doesn't really impact relationship, I just figure the Sim doing the asking is complaining about too much stuff to do ("Love to chat but I've got to get ready for the old grind -- you know how it goes...") and leave it at that. I wish we could get different options depending on relationships, like a wave for acquaintances, a hug for friends and a kiss for romantic relationships.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Thats the only good thing about it, they don't take a relationship hit. I just go about my business and let them leave when they want (I so much dislike "Ask to leave" )
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited April 2019
    To me, it doesn't look mean or angry at all. It just looks like they're explaining why they need the other person to leave.
    The other sim looks sympathetic the whole time and nods their head in response.
    I mean, asking a guest to leave your house isn't the friendliest thing in the world to be doing anyway
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I should try it on the Butler who constantly stations herself in front of the bassinet, which just happens to be in the Master Bedroom. Face/palm. My Sims wanted to woohoo, but they couldn't get the Butler to leave their room. :open_mouth: (Just had a bizarre thought tickle my brain. My Sim is a Global Superstar, could be the Butler is hoping to get that quintessential high-paying pic to sell …) Oi.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I wish there was a smoother goodbye. But, I don't think it affects their relation as negatively as it looks.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yep...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    This has been a pet peeve of mine since the release of the base game! I just want a friendly wave animation instead of having my sims explaining that their guests have to leave. That's what it looks like to me at least. But my guests leaves so fast anyway, which is also one of my pet peeves.
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I use MCCC to make the sim leave because every time I do the "ask to leave" interaction it looks kinda mean. It's a good point though because in all the years this generation of the game has been going and we're missing the MOST basic stuff. Ahhh
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    When I first got the sims 4, I thought it was goodbye... at least it doesn't make their friendship decay.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I actually have the opposite problem. I hate when i ask them to leave and they make it seem like it was their idea. Like no, get the heck out! Be angry be upset, the Sims are too happy :/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I actually have the opposite problem. I hate when i ask them to leave and they make it seem like it was their idea. Like no, get the heck out! Be angry be upset, the Sims are too happy :/

Haha, I do agree they are mostly too happy :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    SAME! I hate it so much, so I just use the MCCC to make sims leave the lot now. I hate watching my sims yell at their friends lol
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I had some stray Sim turn up on my lot the other night, moaning about being hungry. She was still hanging about when my Sims woke up. I wanted to ask her to leave (and I didn't really care if they were rude or not), but in order to ask her to leave, they had to introduce themselves. I was afraid she'd become a text-message spamming acquaintance, even with a negative interaction, so I had my Sims ignore her. Thankfully, she finally left.
    I just want things to match. :'(