Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Sims 2 mods from old PC to new PC

WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
It's a long story, but basically I'd been stuck with an old Pentium 4 on Windows XP for the past 3 years or so, and all I had to do on there besides web browsing was The Sims 2. Now I've got a brand new i7-8700 with Windows 10. After following online guides to fix my graphics settings, I managed to finally get the game to launch, though it takes several minutes to actually launch. It runs fine otherwise. But...

I had saved my old Sims 2 downloads folder with my mods in it. I tried simply moving them into the new (Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads) folder, but the game didn't seem to recognize any of them. No custom content dialog or icons in the game. What could I be doing wrong? Do I have to download them again?

Comments

• WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    edited April 2019
    After trying everything... I finally stumbled upon the solution. Even though "enable custom content" was enabled in the options menu, I clicked on the asterisk-looking icon and there was yet another enable custom content dialog. It's all good now.
    Post edited by WarGreymon77 on
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Glad you figured it out! I know in the near future I will have to get a new computer as my current simming PC is about 12 years old. All I have on that computer is sims stuff to try to expand its life. haha.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    WarGreymon77 - glad to hear you have to wait several minutes to launch because I too just got new computer with windows 10 and it takes it 11 minutes to get started; then does fine. Any idea what this is and is there any thing to do for it?
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    I really don't know. At first I thought it might be the optical drive because mine is an odd one. It's laptop-sized but it's on a desktop. Maybe Dell is consolidating their parts. But The Sims 2 is the only thing that seems to be affected so far. I thought maybe moving it to an SSD might help, but that doesn't make sense because the game is old and it never had this problem on anything before Windows 10.