Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Strangerville Help

I need help with an aspect of the Strangerville game pack. I'll put my question in a Spoiler tag, even though it regards something very early in the story, just in case.
I had a character, Bob, whose aspiration had nothing to do with Strangerville. Before I knew what I was doing, he randomly wandered around, almost immediately collected 15 pieces of evidence, and he then had a complete dossier, within about a day.

I created a second character, Sylvia, to be his roommate and to specifically have a Strangerville aspiration. Bob gave her the complete dossier. But then the aspiration wants her to still find 15 pieces of evidence. I can't seem to find another 15 pieces of evidence for her. She has hacked computers, searched archives, asked random people, et cetera, but all the evidence seems to be gone. I think she's been looking for months of Sim time. Did he take it all? Is there a way to move on the next level of the aspiration without the 15 pieces of evidence?

Thanks for your help!
Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sounds like you'll have to cheat to handle this. i've heard others having this issue and it seems to only be solved once the story is completed the first time (my sims that completed it can gather evidence again, but just from hacking computers, bugging people or visiting the archives. the piles that you can get evidence from only work for a very small portion of the story)

the command 'aspirations.complete_current_milestone' entered in the cheat window (ctrl + shift + c) will allow your sim to think they collected the evidence required, since...well, they should have in that amount of time
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Can you give the dossier back and let her find everything herself?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited April 2019
    Thank you all for your help! I'll try out that cheat.

Unfortunately, I already gave the dossier to someone else -- I think it was the person at the curio shop?
    I just used the cheat and successfully moved onto the next step. Thanks again! :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Happy it's fixed. Have fun.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Happy it's fixed. Have fun.

Thanks so much!

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    An alternative, at least in my game, is to keep going back to the lab before you open the door. I was doing things more as an experiment rather than the story line as such, and found that as long as the door was not opened the litter piles still offered evidence. I also did the sim A with no aspiration get evidence and turned it over to sim B who did. B likewise needed to find the 15 bits, but still could. I'd wait on getting the key card until after I had all evidence needed, just in case it is the (not checked for) trigger. Something else I discovered is that the welcomers leave 5 fruit in your fridge, presumably the contamination that brings the snoops. Go to the fridge before the snoops arrive, put the fruit into inventory, and you have a head start on having your own fruit producers by planting them.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,492 Member
    Have her purchase bugs from the listening station and then tag people so she can listen in. Each flash drive recording counts as a piece of evidence upon which a dossier may be assembled.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Glad you found a solution @Rouenpucelle :)

@Oldeseadogge Wanted to thank you for your tip about evidence at the lab. It recently can in very handy for my perfect gardener Sim in his quest for a Bizarre Fruit plant cutting to graft. <3

I had no intentions of having this Sim go through the entire story anyway, but I gave him the aspiration for it while he was in StrangerVille. Once he got the 15 pieces of evidence, the task was checked off as completed. But, after he gave the dossier to Erwin for the key card, for some odd reason the task was unchecked as not completed.

I've never had a task uncheck itself like that before, I think it's a glitch. I'm a little bummed out that happened because now if I ever do decide to have him do that aspiration completely, I'll most likely need to use a cheat to progress through that part like the OP. Oh well... *shrugs* :|
    Thanks again everyone. :)