Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Package CC Clothes for Sharing?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
edited April 2019 in The Sims 2
Can someone walk me through in simple terms how to package my custom clothes to files so I can upload to share to a file share site?I'm a noob when it comes how to package just the clothes and not the Sim etc. ETA: Using WinRar

ETA: O.K. when you don't know how to do something just try anything, throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. ROFL. No, seriously I figured out how to separate the actual Sim and it's custom skins, hair,makeup etc. from the actual clothes I created. Yay! Good, and those are now in a package file. I finally figured out how to put that package file in the Archive of Winrar, but (it is compressed to a much smaller size now) however, how do I compress it from the Archive of Winrar. I can't find a compress button other than to email and I don't want to email it but compress it from the Archive of Winrar.

Thanks for any help someone can offer, I searched some sites and MTS and even Winrar for answers but I couldn't find that answer.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
Post edited by Cinebar on

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2019
    Never mind, I had already finished it when I put it in archive. I had no more work to do but to share it. I'm such a silly goose. Adding it to archive goes ahead and compresses. :p I thought I had missed a step since I left it marked as .rar extension instead of like other things I download that have the winrar.zip extension. Coffee helps. :D

ETA: If anyone needs help on how to separate a Sim from the custom clothes you can do this easily by using the Sims2PkClean Installer (after packaging Sim to file) to untick what you don't want included into the new package you want to share, and then click Save As creating a new package file. (An easy way). (then add to Winrar Archive to compress). Done
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.