Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat to edit family relationships

2...Next

Comments

• Effix79Effix79 Posts: 500 Member
    edited April 2013
    As far as I know, you need a mod. Master Controller at nraas will do it. There is a FAQ on the page. I use it to restore family relationships if I play someone in a different town and want to move them back in with their family.

I think you need the Cheats module next to the core mod to be able to do this, haven't tried it myself yet though.
    BIGSbne.jpg
  • Deidara180Deidara180 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited April 2013
    You will need MasterController the base mod and the Cheats Module from nraas site. When you install it it adds in a menu that you can access by clicking on the City Hall, any computer, even the Sim itself---a NRaas MasterController menu. Then it's simply a matter of navigating to the Advanced/Family interaction and you can add/remove a sibling/parent/child to any sim in your town, using any sim in your town.
  • dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited April 2013
    Deidara180 wrote:
    You will need MasterController the base mod and the Cheats Module from nraas site. When you install it it adds in a menu that you can access by clicking on the City Hall, any computer, even the Sim itself---a NRaas MasterController menu. Then it's simply a matter of navigating to the Advanced/Family interaction and you can add/remove a sibling/parent/child to any sim in your town, using any sim in your town.

^^ This ^^
  • Patrice0213Patrice0213 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    After you finish making your sims the game asks "Edit relationships" before moving them to a lot.You click edit relationships and then drag the sims to one another and click what you want them to be.
  • Dakota3010Dakota3010 Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    Hi, i'm new and i'm confused, I want to add the relationship to my single mom and me, (The kid), how do enable cheats? P.S. I play on a macbook
  • Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hey Dakota, welcome to the forums! you can do that in CAS after you've created them before you go to the neighbourhood.
  • Chase3163Chase3163 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2014
    The ONLY way to change the Family Tree is to 'start again'. I'm sorry.

I've been tinkering with this for a while now, trying to figure it out. I'm lucky because I've only recently made the mistake while creating the family, so I've not lost much. About a day, I think.

BEFORE deleting the current household, take each sim back into the Create A Sim using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat. Save each sim of your household individually by clicking on the '...' on their picture at the bottom of your screen. 'Save to bin'.

Now. When you recreate the household again, you can choose the sims ready made from the bin and recreate the Family Tree when you save.

REMEMBER: if you want to have a young adult as a child of an adult (which was my mistake) you have to FIRST save the sim as a teenager and then, when you have moved them back into the house you had them in before, edit that sim again using the cheat to take them back into Create A Sim. You can make any changes to the sims individually after that.

I hope this helps anyone.
  • Chase3163Chase3163 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2014
    There is no cheat but their is a way to do what your doing but it takes alot of steps. first buy a mirror anyone will do. then have all your sims change apperance. at the bottom where your sims face shot shows up there will be a 3 dotted button. press that and press save sim to bin. do that with all of your sims. then go into edit town and press new house hold. once your there press premade sims and you will find all of your sims there. choose all of your sims and add one if you like. then once your done you can change the family relations so someone can be your brother sister or whatever. then press save. delete your old household and put your new one in the house. It will take a while but if its really bothering you it will work. I hope this helps :D

crap. I should have read this earlier. lol.
  • leviosadream38leviosadream38 Posts: 12
    edited March 2014
    you could always use:

"testingcheatsenabled true"

then shift+click on one of the sims and click "edit sim in create a sim"

if you go to the bottom of the screen you will see the box at the bottom as it would be in regular create a household. click on the ... and select the "save to bin" icon.

your sim's looks and personality stay but unfortunately memories don't

you then do this with all sims and create a family with them.

when you click the tick after you have made the family you can edit relationships to brother, boyfriend, grandma etc. Only trouble is with siblings where one is an adult and one a teen/younger... but apart from that it works
  • leviosadream38leviosadream38 Posts: 12
    edited March 2014
    Chase3163 wrote:
    There is no cheat but their is a way to do what your doing but it takes alot of steps. first buy a mirror anyone will do. then have all your sims change apperance. at the bottom where your sims face shot shows up there will be a 3 dotted button. press that and press save sim to bin. do that with all of your sims. then go into edit town and press new house hold. once your there press premade sims and you will find all of your sims there. choose all of your sims and add one if you like. then once your done you can change the family relations so someone can be your brother sister or whatever. then press save. delete your old household and put your new one in the house. It will take a while but if its really bothering you it will work. I hope this helps :D

crap. I should have read this earlier. lol.

me too lol
  • spikepaspikepa Posts: 49 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Drak_Angel wrote:
    read completely, we want to know if there's a way to add someone to the family or change their relations in the family TREE NOT in how good of a friend they are...

master controller follow this path:

nras/ advanced/ family/add sim/ current lot/ then choose from the list.

with MS you can create an entire family tree. you could make parent into children and visa versa,i have added people to my family as sons and daughters its easy just takes time to do it. if you need help PM me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited March 2014
    Same cheat but click on the sim and choose "add to family". The sims will be added to your family. As far as making a townie read as a "brother" or "sister" or some other unrelated sim not sure what cheat will do that.

You may have to have a mod not a cheat...not sure of one cuz I'm not familiar with them all. Maybe check the Awesome Mod or twallan's super computer.

The mod would be Twallen's (over at NRaas, Industries) Master Controller suite. That way all you have to do is click on your active Sim, select NRaas/Master Controller/Family/Add parent child or sibling. A list of the town should come up and you can then highlight the Sim you wish to have your Sim related to.

I lost my game save a number of times and had to start all over again. It was much easier, due to the extended family my Sim had, to add them from my bin and then reconnect them through their parents. I've also found that if you have IP, which allows us to move our Sims to another town, that all I have to do is save the other family members households into the bin and plunk them down into the new town save. They retain their family ties this way to my great joy!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited March 2014
    Effix79 wrote:
    As far as I know, you need a mod. Master Controller at nraas will do it. There is a FAQ on the page. I use it to restore family relationships if I play someone in a different town and want to move them back in with their family.

I think you need the Cheats module next to the core mod to be able to do this, haven't tried it myself yet though.

Ah, MC is a SCRIPT mod, not a CORE mod. There is a big difference. What you mean is BASE mod. I's saying this just to allay any confusion to those who aren't really familiar with mods.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Rebecca3409Rebecca3409 Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    easy you do "tesingCheatsenabled true" then you go to the relationships and slide it up and down
  • alphysssalphysss Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Chase3163 said:
    > The ONLY way to change the Family Tree is to 'start again'. I'm sorry.
    >
    > I've been tinkering with this for a while now, trying to figure it out. I'm lucky because I've only recently made the mistake while creating the family, so I've not lost much. About a day, I think.
    >
    > BEFORE deleting the current household, take each sim back into the Create A Sim using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat. Save each sim of your household individually by clicking on the '...' on their picture at the bottom of your screen. 'Save to bin'.
    >
    > Now. When you recreate the household again, you can choose the sims ready made from the bin and recreate the Family Tree when you save.
    >
    > REMEMBER: if you want to have a young adult as a child of an adult (which was my mistake) you have to FIRST save the sim as a teenager and then, when you have moved them back into the house you had them in before, edit that sim again using the cheat to take them back into Create A Sim. You can make any changes to the sims individually after that.
    >
    > I hope this helps anyone.

> @leviosadream38 said:
    > you could always use:
    >
    > "testingcheatsenabled true"
    >
    > then shift+click on one of the sims and click "edit sim in create a sim"
    >
    > if you go to the bottom of the screen you will see the box at the bottom as it would be in regular create a household. click on the ... and select the "save to bin" icon.
    >
    > your sim's looks and personality stay but unfortunately memories don't
    >
    > you then do this with all sims and create a family with them.
    >
    > when you click the tick after you have made the family you can edit relationships to brother, boyfriend, grandma etc. Only trouble is with siblings where one is an adult and one a teen/younger... but apart from that it works

I'm absolutely YEARS late, but does anyone know if it'll save their skills? My sim is Level 10 Charisma because he's at the top of the Politician career and it took me hours and hours to get him there. Thanks!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    alphysss wrote: »
    I'm absolutely YEARS late, but does anyone know if it'll save their skills? My sim is Level 10 Charisma because he's at the top of the Politician career and it took me hours and hours to get him there. Thanks!
    No, the solution quoted will create new sims that look like the original ones and have the same traits and other attributes. It will not preserve their progression through life in any way.

The way in TS3 to add/adjust family members on sims already in play rather than those being newly created remains the same, it requires the NRaas MasterController mod and its MC Cheats add-on module. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I'm going to close this thread off as it's been inactive since 2014. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top