Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shoud Univesty come with another age

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg Middle aged sims have always been lacking since sims 1 for me... But i would like to see preteens/tweens first.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon I personally fail to see how middle aged sims are lacking when the vast majority of the gameplay is already focused on adults. :/
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Let's face it. We aren't going to get any more stages in this version. They aren't even going to unleash babies. So, with that said, lets figure out what we want for S5.

I'd like unleashed, real babies.
    Toddlers in this version are pretty good, so, repeat those.
    (No Tween stage as it doesn't really exist in nature. Just because someone made up a name does not make it real.)
    Teens but sized like S3, not adult sized where they "share" clothes with their parents. They need their own stuff only for them.
    Young Adults for going to college or trade schools (a new feature).
    Adults for being single and the party life, finding a job and moving out on their own and looking for THE ONE.
    Adult for being married and raising a family and being settled.
    Seniors for retirement and playing with the grandkids and finally traveling the world(s). No bent over walking or back issues.
    Elders for being old, walking with canes, complaining about the noise and back issues.

This would add one new stage (Seniors) and fix one existing stage (babies).
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg I think the game is more towards Young Adults than Adults by itself... Like, everything could easily have been added in a University EP, like the clubs, the karaoke/night life, etc... But I agree, thats why i think Tweens should be added first.
    BUt, my point in relation to Middle Aged sims is that there is something lacking between elders and adults to me (actually, the elders lack a bunc has well haha). Like for me YA are from 18 to 29. Adults look like 30 to 40 than we jump to 70+ with elders... I miss something in between. But definitely that life stage wouldn't be added on University... maybe on a Generations EP. I they go to the Go To School for all ages route, I would want them to add Preteens.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @Karon. Oh, I see what you mean now. I thought you were talking about gameplay and not the actual age groups.
  • Options
    VioletfeyVioletfey Posts: 28 Member
    As stated before, the Young Adult age group originally came with the University pack, so I don't think that there's a need for a new age group specifically for University. However, it would have been nice to have more Adult stages though. Like Young Adult-->Adult-->Older Adult and then Older Adult transitions into Elder.
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Id like the university expansion to also open up the schools. A preteen age group would allow to push back and expand the current teen group to be more suited for college and university.
    Of course that would have to come as a free patch to the base game in advance to university/school EP.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Nelus wrote: »
    Id like the university expansion to also open up the schools. A preteen age group would allow to push back and expand the current teen group to be more suited for college and university.
    Of course that would have to come as a free patch to the base game in advance to university/school EP.

Exactly since to me the teens height or a big issue they seem like Juniors and seniors age in highschool also focus on getting an scholarship and etc.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    We have plenty of age stages. I don't want them to waste ANY resources on this. Buildable dorms, roommates, classes, hopefully active professor career....these are all going to be fighting for enough budget already. (Plus all the assets that should be with Uni- bunk beds, pool tables, spiral stairs!)
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The game doesn't need to add a new life stage for University. They just need more things to distinguish the current life stages.
  • Options
    I don't think we need another life stage at this late point in the game. I do think we need a better way to select teens vs. YAs.

If they could tag existing CAS clothes and create a teen stuff pack with more clothes geared towards teens and not YAs, the tag could be included in the area with MASCULINE and EVERYDAY tags. Then, only TEEN stuff would show up in CAS when creating a teen in CAS but it could be switched off via the "X".
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No need to add another stage IMO. University needs to be for YA/Adult only. Keep the elders out!

If they had it to where you can actually teach, then let the elders be the Professors/Teachers.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited April 2019
    Nothing really fits for uni. Its' either teen or YA. Or an adult who goes to uni later in life.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    No, Im happy with the age groups that we have. if anything id really like to seem them develop the elders more. Nothing seems to really change once you become an elder except for some wrinkles.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    No. No more ages.
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I would prefer if YA is used for some sort of University stage. For me YA and A are more or less the same now and once my sims reach A, I am already a bit bored because they have done everything during their YA stage. So having them be off at some sort of University with some part-time job similar to what Teens get would be preferable and then they can start with regular jobs and careers as A. Though the option to skip university with YA and go directly to regular jobs like it is now should be available, but perhaps they would miss out on some bonuses or certain careers because they skipped Uni.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2019
    We already have young adult, that's enough for me,

how do hope college for teens becomes available to. I did courses when I was like 16
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I rather see a Tween life stage.

Younger teen would be great for a official school pack

prom
    school sports
    classes
    school graduation
    house party's when parents are away
    private school
    headmaster visit

some elements from the sims 3 generations

I honestly wish they make it possible to create schools and colleges

• Options
    EvsSimsEvsSims Posts: 39 Member
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > The game doesn't need to add a new life stage for University. They just need more things to distinguish the current life stages.

Exactly! I wish teens were slightly shorter than young adults. Just slightly...
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited April 2019
    Nelus wrote: »

Exactly since to me the teens height or a big issue they seem like Juniors and seniors age in highschool also focus on getting an scholarship and etc.

I was taller than my own mother when I was thirteen lol but again I do understand your point of view as not all teenagers are the same height as their parents!

• Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

prom
    school sports
    classes
    school graduation
    private school
    headmaster visit

Whats the difference between younger teens than older teens - random question?

As half of those ideas can be used for older teens as well as younger teens? But I do would love those ideas in my game!
  • Options
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »

prom
    school sports
    classes
    school graduation
    private school
    headmaster visit

Whats the difference between younger teens than older teens - random question?

As half of those ideas can be used for older teens as well as younger teens? But I do would love those ideas in my game!

teens that look like there in high school for a start, not college.
    shorter teens to.
    just younger looking teens, not young adult clones we have in the sims 4.

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I feel adding a new pre teen life stage, would make the balance of a lifetime too heavy on the early stages, (especially with the impending baby overhaul) they’d have to add a middle aged life stage, or like a proper senior one for like 80-90+ to balance it back out, maybe not every sim makes it to that old, old one? I dunno...

If anything they need to tweak the height of the teens we have in game (does anyone else confuse them in game for adults all the time?), just make them a little shorter so they represent more of a 13-16yr bracket instead of 17/18? Then young adults can choose to go to uni or not?

The teen/ adult/ young adult life stages all seem like copy/pastes, to me. Toddlers were missing... It seems to me life stages were one of the things they ran out of time with during earlier development. While I appreciate they came back for toddlers, things have changed about at EA. I worry we’d miss out on the potential of new packs if they spent all their time on overhauling the life stages?
  • Options
    I don't think we need another life stage. I do see the point some make about teens being too tall, but, IMO, if we got a teen SP with clothes aimed at their age and not for adults to wear, it would help differentiate teens from YAs and adults.

When in CAS, if you click TEEN, then only clothes geared for teens (including some we already have) would show up in every category. It would be a tab at the top like EVERYDAY or MASCULINE. If you want your adult to dress in TEEN outfits, just click the X to close that tab.