Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Official The Sims 4 100 Baby Challenge [UPDATED ON DEC 29, 2018]

Comments

• FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Another thing I just found out, if you are potty training one kid you can have another kid watch and they will both gain the potty skill at the same time

what??? Now that is something I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. It will come in handy for when you have twins/triplets. lol
    Update:
    We are 6 kids into generation 2 for a total of 18 kids so far.
    Lucy (our Matriarch's) twin sister is still living in the home as well to help her out. When our oldest kids become teens we will let her move out but I don't like to chance not having anyone of at least teen age in the home with us in case something tragic happens to our matriarch and we lose the challenge because there is no one to take care of the kids.

So far the second generation kids are:
    Twins Togo and India
    Twins Chad and Kenya
    Twins Vancouver and Melbourne

2u793ls.jpg

From Left to right: Melborne, Katie, India, Chad, Lucy, Togo, Kenya & Vancouver

really great idea keeping Lucy's sister around. I haven't gotten back to my family since the update started messing things up for me. I just started messing around with random sims in another save. I will be going back to check what mods have been fully updated this week.
  • sdhoeysdhoey Posts: 1,876 Member
    I have restarted once again. B) If you want you can follow Elsa Royals baby trail on my blog.

https://100royalbabychallenge.blogspot.com/

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Fizzstix wrote: »
    Another thing I just found out, if you are potty training one kid you can have another kid watch and they will both gain the potty skill at the same time

what??? Now that is something I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. It will come in handy for when you have twins/triplets. lol

It doesn't work if you watch the addled, but if you watch the other toddler on the potty it works. The skill goes up but not too much because toddler stop watching quickly. If you wanted to go up even more about the toddler queue up watching a few times in a row :-) I used it when I had one out of available and two kids that were very close to level two :-) I wanted them both to be able to use the potty on their own, especially since we had four other Tots in the house haha!
    Ps having the toddlers watch the adults actually increases the thinking skill as well, and it increases it a lot faster then play on the tablet does. It's just that the kids have a short attention span and keeps dropping so you have to keep getting them to do it again
  • SalemSvartulvSalemSvartulv Posts: 123 Member
    @Fizzstix According to the rules, you only need 1 character value ;) so most of the time you have that covered with just responsability xD

@SimAlexandria yup, this challenge is a lot about discovering things about the kids, the thing about the skills needed to get a A will sure help you out to speed things up a bit! and es, when it comes to potty training toddlers every little bit helps a lot xD

I'm gonna leave a couple of my personal tips for you! in case you're having trouble with something

Your Matriarch and Getting pregnant
    *Remember to have her change aspirations a lot! the main creative ones are super easy to complete and also very lucrative! but the nature ones are also really useful
    *Get her out the house! weekends are my favorite times to do so, but anytime you have tha chance or you need a little break from the house chaos, take her to a comunity lot to meet people. Spa, restaurants and festivals are my favorite places because they have a lot of npcs, so more chances for men!
    *Honestly, don't get the Fertil trait, it may seem like having twins speeds things up, but its counterproductive, you end up stressing over having 4 toddlers and in that chaos you can't even get their skiils up xD my matriarch has only have one set of twins, the other ones have been singletons and out of 25 kids, the house was only full once (because of said twinset xD) so she didn't age up a lot. and with only one, sometimes two toddlers, I can concentrate enough in them to get their skiils to 3 in three/four days with no stress
    *I don't remember who said this in this same thread, but the "Send love email" option on the pc is AWESOME!! my matriarch do this around four times while she's pregnant and the next donor is ready to close the deal once she finally calls them xD you just need to get the first kiss
    * Work on the Superparent aspiration if yopu have the pack! the reward trait makes easier to get your kids Character Values up!
    * Speaking of: once you have your heirerss/next matriarch, make sure to have work on her Emotional control! this is by far my favorite character value because it cuts in half their mourning periods! is awesome!

Toddlers:
    *Asking "what's that" is really good to raise thinking! in works in a lot of objects included the big stuffed animals!
    *Talking to the stuffed animals is the quickest way to raise communication! it takes just a couple hours
    * if you have the Toddler Stuff pack, the slide is the best for moviment!
    * Try to potty train your toddler right before bed, and as soon as they wake up! you avoid dirty diapers and get the skill up at a nice pace
    * also try to read them to sleep when you can!
    * Dont worry about getting them into a routine xD toddlers sleep less than grown ups and get tired easily, so let them do what they want, sometimes I have everyone sleeping except a toddler wandering the house at 3AM xD
    * the Sunny aspect Lot trait is awesome! it gives toddlers a random happy moodlet (which helps to gain comunication and thinkiing) ot Energized moodlet (that helps with movement) and once they turn into kids in can also give Inspired moodlets

Kids and Teens
    *Try to get them into a routine! my kids routine is like this:
    they get up around 5-6 AM, pee, take a shower and go for breakfast while chatting or watching tv
    those who ended early work on their Aspiration or Scout Badges, and then they go to school
    They come back and get something to eat while watching TV, or just play videogames if they're not hungry, once they finish, kids working in the Manners trait clean up the plates and they all go do their homework, sometimes extra credit too
    they finish around 5/6 PM and after that it's free time! Kids go to play in something that helps their aspiration, teens work on their badges or spend time with the toddlers while my matriarch makes us some money~
    around 9/10 PM I start sending them to sleep ;)
    *Work in the kids aspirations! kids take around 4-5 days to get an A, that's enough time to finish thier aspiration and the boost in gaining skills that it gives helps the teens to get their A faster
    * I'm not sure about this because I don't own the pack, but I've heard that the Vampire Lore skill can be learn from childhood and it carries to teenhood so it also speeds that process a lot!
    *Don't overuse the "work hard" option! stressed kids don't do good in school xD if I used it is only during the last three hours, and usually is only on fridays so it doesn't makes harder for the kids to get their needs up and homework done for next day, keep your kids happy!!
    * If your teens come home with a moodswing, send them on a jog! when they come home again they'll bee cured xD
    edited April 2019
    I like the love email tips. I heard that sending flirty texts helps too. I made the mistake of lining up too many guys at one point LOL! I lined up like three or four of them and then realized that they were turning into elders and dying before we could use them. I've got the ley-line how straight and since we aren't allowed to switch traits without switching houses and I love my house that's probably going to stay hahaha! So expect a lot more twins. I don't really mind though, in my normal families I always play with like six toddlers or whatever but the difference is that I just keep them little I don't try to age them up and move them out. I m used to play with life span long or aging off so playing them with aging is a totally different style for me.

I did find out that on harvest fest you can make teens send out thank-you cards and that raises Their Manners or something like that by quite a bit. Thanks for all the text!

The jogging tip is really good too! I don't play with teens that often you should just Toddlers and kids lol! So teen advice is always very useful for me :-) as for the school thing I definitely don't abuse this work hard or study hard thing hahaha! In fact I don't like it when they come home stressed so I usually tell them to slack off or socialize LOL that's probably not useful for me and getting A's either
  • LyraTrishaLyraTrisha Posts: 122 Member
    For anyone who wants to follow my attempt at this challenge. I will check youtube and forum comments in between each part.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958639/100-baby-challenge-vanilla-ps4-sims-4/p1?new=1
  • bevogesbevoges Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok so I just started this challenge, but also just discovered the freelancer option on the computer. Is that off limits? Or is it ok to use since you work from home?
    bevoges wrote: »
    Ok so I just started this challenge, but also just discovered the freelancer option on the computer. Is that off limits? Or is it ok to use since you work from home?

I was reading on her blog in one of the comments that she is allowing it
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Can the Matriarch be in the Freelancer career? I was thinking this wouldn't be against the rules (since I have yet to see any rabbit hole stuff with this career), but wanted to get everyone else's thoughts.
    I don't see why the Freelancer careers shouldn't be allowed ;) they're like...a more work-from-home version of the work from home careers xD
    I don't see why the Freelancer careers shouldn't be allowed ;) they're like...a more work-from-home version of the work from home careers xD

https://snarky-sims-witch.tumblr.com/post/184078169758/i-hope-im-not-bothering-you-but-i-wanted-to-ask
  • brandnewquietbrandnewquiet Posts: 23 Member
    Whew! Just completed my challenge after about 4 months. 104 kids total, I did the 4 extra for good measure.
    3 matriarchs. 1st had 32 kids, 2nd had 33, 3rd had 39. Now what am I going to do with my time? :open_mouth:
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SalemSvartulv oh man... wonder why I thought I needed to have 3 of them within range?? that will make things much easier. LOL I've seen people say they are getting their kids in scouts and getting all the badges before they age up to YA. I didn't see that in the rules, unless I am blind. Is that just another incentive to try to achieve on your own? Thank you for all the tips!

@SimAlexandria I'll need to remember the thank you cards!
    Whew! Just completed my challenge after about 4 months. 104 kids total, I did the 4 extra for good measure.
    3 matriarchs. 1st had 32 kids, 2nd had 33, 3rd had 39. Now what am I going to do with my time? :open_mouth:

Congrats! Now for 200 haha
  • DipseyDipsey Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everybody....I am trying the 100 baby challenge for the first time. I have read the rules and understand that the oldest daughter take over and carry on the challenge... But who can tell me, if my oldest daughter became a young adult and then she died..does my second oldest daughter take over or do I have to start over????
  • LyraTrishaLyraTrisha Posts: 122 Member
    Dipsey wrote: »
    Hi everybody....I am trying the 100 baby challenge for the first time. I have read the rules and understand that the oldest daughter take over and carry on the challenge... But who can tell me, if my oldest daughter became a young adult and then she died..does my second oldest daughter take over or do I have to start over????

Actually, the youngest daughter becomes the next matriarch as soon as she becomes a young adult.
  • DipseyDipsey Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Dipsey;c-17048231"]Hi everybody....I am trying the 100 baby challenge for the first time. I have read the rules and understand that the oldest daughter take over and carry on the challenge... But who can tell me, if my oldest daughter became a young adult and then she died..does my second oldest daughter take over or do I have to start over????[/quote]

It is actually the youngest daughter that takes over when she becomes Young Adult.

"When your matriarch becomes an elder and can no longer bear children, her youngest daughter takes over as the next matriarch. You may move out your elderly matriarch only if her youngest daughter has become a young adult"
    @Fizzstix I hope it does makes things easier to you xD I've only managed to get three character values in range like, two times out of my 25 kids so far xD Also, the Scouts thing is a personal challenge I chose to myself :wink: I'm not sure why but I've become kind of too efficient in this game so I felt my kids grew up too fast xD so I wanted something extra to do, it's also great because it gives my kids lots of things to do on weekends, so it's less chaos in the house xD
  • Persefona711Persefona711 Posts: 356 Member
    edited April 2019
    YAY! finally made it! I just completed the challenge after almost two years with some breaks from game.
    The last baby.
    lastbaby.jpg

I really liked this challenge. Sometimes was boring but for the most times, it was a nice escape from a "normal" game.

Funny fact: The 3 mom needed only 10 kids. For 10 children only 1 girl was born, the rest were boys.

08xzIaz.png
    qbDPpCu.jpg
  • MKBSMKBS Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently started this challenge and am on baby 22 however one of my children, Bobbie, just drowned. Do you have to age them up to a YA before they count?
    MKBS wrote: »
    I recently started this challenge and am on baby 22 however one of my children, Bobbie, just drowned. Do you have to age them up to a YA before they count?
    Yes unfortunately that child won't count

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top