The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite supernatural creature...

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It's a tough choice between fairies and witches. Both have lots of great gameplay but the fairies win my vote.

TnyEoRL.png

This is Stella Starlight.

FRbLxo5.png

And her husband who is an elf. Not a very flattering picture though :/

I generally don't rate werewolves because they scratch the furniture. This drives me crazy. However I am fond of Gorn who lives with Dave the Wizard. No it is not that kind of relationship. That would shock Nigel the Cat who lives with them and besides which (geddit) Dave has an eye for the ladies.

Q0FU3la.png

Finally I do make vampires but are not keen on playing them in game.

MhZ1SE4.png

This is Andre who is engaged to the witch Melody.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    @Hejix I've never played with ghosts either! Wow, I really need to delve deeper into the supernatural world of the sims. @JoAnne65 I love your photos so much!! Your genie family sounds awesome, like wow. I love that photo of Raven meeting the clan!! Looks amazing. I do agree with you about imaginary friends, they are really creepy most of the time. @Bettyboop55 fairies are super cute!! I hate it when werewolves scratch up the furniture too! So annoying!!!
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I had a lot of fun with this family. Beau Merrick (vampire) married Lotta Greaves (fire ghost). Their eldest son was human but the other kids were ghost/vampires. Once they had finished having kids, Beau harvested a plantsim baby :) The blue teens were born as ghosts but I gave them Ambrosia on aging up to teen. The blue skin is from Lotta.
    35707747660_01bc40c699_o.jpg
    The ghost kids scared each other and other members of the family non-stop and Beau, being evil, also did his fair share of scaring :D
    35675094660_7279e0fbf6_o.jpg
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Witches are my favorite! Though fairies make gardening a breeze, there's nothing like walking into a party, setting love spells on half the guests, then running away to watch the chaos!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Witches and fairies are my favourite. I never go for vampires.. In literature and folklore, they're literally weak to everything.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @buffyballoon Thank you :smile:
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member

I have not played the genies yet, but that was a lovely description @JoAnne65 , made me want to try them next! I read this thread, see post #10. I think you've said you have MC, I am guessing it still works. I don't edit in CAS while in-game, since I play unmodded; but the werewolfs originally created in CAS and given personalized appearance there before starting a game have been fine for me. This is Luka Trope, with in-game daughter, after 5 weeks with moon cycle set to two days:

Uqsm4Rc.jpg

TXI7eP9.jpg

Of course they scared eachother (despite both having the trait Brave)

sEES1uS.jpg

Her more wolfie daughter Lupin looks like the vampires in Buffy the vampire slayer :wink:

isTDPFo.jpg

GKcEEPp.jpg

JOY5Iya.jpg

And just because I adore werewolfs - and I think the Time Traveler would count as a supe?

ccfARcF.jpg

TwI7cZC.jpg

HC2D3TS.jpg

QeQ1ssx.jpg

Slightly threatening here..

7EZiahT.jpg

Ske7Vva.jpg

And Buffy, perhaps you have already looked here for plantsims, and here for aliens :smile:
    @Auroraskies Thanks! When I played the werewolves I didn't have NRaas mods yet, I'm tempted to try it again then! I created them in CAS and when I put them in my game they had bright eyes in their human form - like the vampires - and the customized appearance when becoming a werewolve. After restarting the game their eyes were normal and their werewolve appearance the default one.

Eacuteowyn_591_zps20cb01c8.jpg

Instead of:

Eacuteowyn_555_zps9f9670c6.jpg

Love your pictures! With the right story, every supernatural is great in my book :blush:
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 As is the deal with good tropes :smiley:
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Auroraskies Thanks! When I played the werewolves I didn't have NRaas mods yet, I'm tempted to try it again then! I created them in CAS and when I put them in my game they had bright eyes in their human form - like the vampires - and the customized appearance when becoming a werewolve. After restarting the game their eyes were normal and their werewolve appearance the default one.

Instead of:

Love your pictures! With the right story, every supernatural is great in my book :blush:

Great pics of the werewolves. Just one thing - is it intentional that the second one looks like a certain actor in X Men :) In which case it makes him even more appealing and I bet he doesn't go around scratching furniture either :D
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    @Mikezumi I love your family so much!!! They must be so much fun!! Also, they all look so cool!! @phantasmkiss @Steamvarius you guys both love witches! Still love vampires though @Steamvarius haha. And @phantasmkiss I have got to try that thing with the witches! It sounds like it would be chaos!! @Auroraskies I love your werewolves so much!! They look like so much fun!!! YES, she actually does look like a vampire from Buffy the vampire slayer like what??? I love all your photos, thank you so much for sharing!! Thank you also for giving me those tips, I'm going to go check them out :)
    sup.

giphy.gif

Instead of:

Great pics of the werewolves. Just one thing - is it intentional that the second one looks like a certain actor in X Men :) In which case it makes him even more appealing and I bet he doesn't go around scratching furniture either :D
    LOL, you mean Wolverine/Hugh Jackman? Now that you mention it! Not even sure if I’d seen the movie yet back then so no, it’s not intentional, but I take it as a compliment nonetheless ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I know you can't play a cowplant or if they even fall under the heading of supernatural creatures but I do like them :D

My vampire/ghost family had a cowplant and I discovered it had eaten someone when I saw "Milk" and "Scold" in the options.
    36196804605_35876b300d_b.jpg
    35805084400_de56953dc8_b.jpg
    36155755246_152405552c_b.jpg
    35360716974_ba7deff941_b.jpg
    I got a pop up that drinking cowplant milk makes a sim feel younger. I can't remember if it was a day or like Ambrosia.
    36155751256_c13f8458af_b.jpg

Buffy: You are welcome. Thanks for the thread :smile:
    @JoAnne65 Yes, the eyes got dull after a while, in that save and another shorter one, after exiting and opening the game again (not every time); but I got the glow back by moving into another house, and also by evicting-copying house-bulldozing-moving back in. Perhaps other resets would work too.
    Lupins eyes are glowing for the first time

KzIsqja.jpg

..and they got scared of course

WTsWZpX.jpg

Zombies counts! The roller skate ring is like a sketch with John Cleese

xq9IWve.jpg

5xH8Dh7.jpg

h8vmVv3.jpg
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited April 2019
    @mikezumi Love the kid ghosts scaring each others!

@auroraskies Zombies in rollerblades, lol! Didn't think they had the coordination for it! Makes them somewhat "faster"!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    @Hejix I thought it hilarious, have never seen it before! She did pick up the pace later on and started to run round and round, luckily the full moon faded a while later; poor zombie stuck in a rut.

Instead of:

LOL, you mean Wolverine/Hugh Jackman? Now that you mention it! Not even sure if I’d seen the movie yet back then so no, it’s not intentional, but I take it as a compliment nonetheless ;)

It is a compliment :) I have made werewolves that no sim or supernatural would look twice at ;)

Sim enim est vita
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I like my weres. I have a lot of weres in my families. They have better endurance than regular sims, so are very good for tomb raiding, erm archaeology. Once they get a bit of practice they can get rich very fast by hunting for gems or metal when furred up. They will eat raw fish and meat when they get peckish - no need to stop and cook. I set myself the challenge of having a were leave home and live on a lot with nothing but a tent, a firepit and an all in one bathroom. Admittedly he wasn't a newbie were. It didn't take long for him to get rich, build a log cabin, start a horse breeding program, bite and create a family of weres and live happily ever after.
    Weres are much funnier than the other supernaturals. The sight of a furred up were running on all four in the rain with an umbrella in one paw, all the while making the grr grr grrr noise........ And meal times....standing on the chair, butt in the air, nose in the dinner, growling away while the rest of the family politely ignore them. And you can play fetch and tickle their bellies.
    The worst supernatural I tried was a mermaid. It - um - died the first day I had it. Of lack of sea water...... Never again. Way too fragile.
    @Hawkflight1066 I am with you! :smiley:
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Auroraskies: Awesome pictures

@Mikezumi: Yay I love the cowplant. Chomp

@Hawkflight1066: Awesome pictures

@all: Thanks for the laughs.

My favorite supernatural are aliens!
    :) Smile!

@Puddinroy Thank you! Here ya go! :smile:

fh7clYi.jpg

cWfio6y.jpg

KJjqCVF.jpg

gmVN9Em.jpg

G42F1WY.jpg

OooMFmH.jpg
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I love the werewolf. It's a shame it's so darn glicthed and buggy.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Nindigo wrote: »

Not for all of us :) if you are sure your computer can cope with the specs then it might be something simple. There are also workarounds for most known issues. The best place to discuss this is the Help Section. Then you can get back to making were. Good Luck in getting it sorted.

Sim enim est vita
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited April 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Been there.
    What I’ve noticed is that if you change the sim who is a werewolf in any way through the Edit in CAS option via testingcheatsenabled then the wolf form will revert to a pudding-looking wolf. Although it can happen without any editing occurring either :s

However, if you have Master Controller that seems to help prevent this from happening if, whenever you would like to further customize the sim, you edit in CAS through MC instead. With MC, you can edit both the human and wolf form without being worried about your wolf glitching and losing all of the custom looks you gave.

I mostly learned this through trial and error with my werewolf, Joseph. <3
    tumblr_inline_pi7szaI2pH1vhkp6x_1280.jpg

tumblr_pbfdxuWdkC1xq9hdmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_pmw8r8orET1vhkp6x_1280.jpg

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Bettyboop55 I'm playing on a costum built monster with top-notch components (although things in the world of computers become dated pretty fast). Gameplay wise, I have no probs. It's just the glitchy appearance which has never been adressed.

@Amphora I do use MC (couldn't play without) and have solved it that way with my own played wolf. Just a shame it's necessary.

Okay, back on topic.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted