Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about Strangerville so far?

13...Next

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other
    Didn't buy it. The pack just doesn't make sense for a sim game in my opinion. There is literally NO replay value for the story. The world looks beautiful so I will wait for a 50% sales and get it for the world.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2019
    Dissatisfied
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Didn't buy it. The pack just doesn't make sense for a sim game in my opinion. There is literally NO replay value for the story. The world looks beautiful so I will wait for a 50% sales and get it for the world.

The story is bad.
    Or rather annoying. It's not BAD, as in badly written, it's that it cannot be implemented with any quality in a Sims game, nor does it have any replay value. I guess I am lucky I don't find the world interesting in the least, which means in future games I don't have to do the story to use the world and can completely ignore it exists.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Other

The story is bad.
    Or rather annoying. It's not BAD, as in badly written, it's that it cannot be implemented with any quality in a Sims game, nor does it have any replay value. I guess I am lucky I don't find the world interesting in the least, which means in future games I don't have to do the story to use the world and can completely ignore it exists.

So you would still buy another story driven game pack even though you had this bad experience? I figured the story would be terrible as far as replay value which is why I am waiting. I wish I could just ignore the story and play in the world but I will have my alien scientist deal with the plant. Then I will not have to worry about it again.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dissatisfied

The story is bad.

So you would still buy another story driven game pack even though you had this bad experience? I figured the story would be terrible as far as replay value which is why I am waiting. I wish I could just ignore the story and play in the world but I will have my alien scientist deal with the plant. Then I will not have to worry about it again.

Yes, but most likely not until a sale. I wasn't really interested in the premise of this from the start but had money left over and wanted the build and buy items.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    In between
    After playing with the main feature of the pack (the story) I probably won't play with it again, at least for a while. I will however be playing in the new world and with the new career. The world is absolutely stunning, most certainly one of my favourites, I would honestly recommend the pack to people if they simply want new stuff, it's like a Sims 3 World from the Sims 3 Store.
  • EvsSimsEvsSims Posts: 39 Member
    Satisfied
    I liked it, it was nice to play a challenge like that for a change. Now that I've done it once, it's a bit annoying though that I'll have to do it again in a new save if I want the new world to be plague-free. And I do really love that world for my sims to live in...
  • KayNoelKayNoel Posts: 10 New Member
    Other
    i haven't played it yet :(
    Other

The story is bad.

Yes, but most likely not until a sale. I wasn't really interested in the premise of this from the start but had money left over and wanted the build and buy items.

Ahh gotcha :smile:
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    In between
    I think I might enjoy it more if there were different paths to completing the story -- for example, maybe the ability to persuade Mother to go to sleep instead of having to battle her. I do like the world though, and love the Military Career and the B/B and CASsets. And now that the cacti has been added in debug mode I'll be doing some re-landscaping over in Oasis Springs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    In between

The story is bad.

A different story, maybe with different outcomes when you play it, could be interesting. Maybe a cruise ship with a murder mystery -- not an actual murder but one Sim is chosen to be the "victim" and disappears for a bit. Each time your Sim takes the cruise a different group of Sims joins you (maybe the Goths and the Landgraabs on one trip, or if you have GT the Bjergsens and the Partihaus gang, etc.) Or maybe you can "opt out" and just enjoy everything the ship has to offer. That could be an interesting pack that could offer more replayability.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LoppyLooLoppyLoo Posts: 58 Member
    Satisfied
    I really loved the strangerville trait and maybe it would fun to do more of them. also i really think strangerville is the best i never been so excited to pack of sims 4 yet and this was to exciting lol couldn't sleep proberly for a week because i just wanted to play strangerville . please guru can we have more like that pack.