Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• squirrelwithacupsquirrelwithacup Posts: 10,475 Member
    Rockannie wrote: »
    39OiBmn.png
    Happy Easter to the Writers' Lounge from Onyx and Amelia! (And me, of course!) <3

Wow beautiful Sims !! :)

Thank you very much! <3
    37oYgl3.png
    Nightshade: A Simlit || Blogspot || Forum Thread
    See exclusive content and stay updated about Nightshade on my Instagram page!
    39OiBmn.png
    Happy Easter to the Writers' Lounge from Onyx and Amelia! (And me, of course!) <3

@squirrelwithacup That is adorable! Love it!

Thank you! <3
    37oYgl3.png
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    It translates to the Year 2000.

Basically back then people were freaking out because computers were not meant to store data past 1999 ( i think that's what happened). Also, it was a new millennium and it was really exciting back then lol!

@Acarb90 I think it could be a really fun story! I worked in IT then, and I remember how freaked out everyone was about the Y2K bug. We thought we might not be able to get our money out of the bank, people might not get paid, and, basically, the information infrastructure would collapse. But programmers worked really hard to put in fixes and transfer data to updated systems, and it went just fine. We did all have to get used to using mm/dd/yyyy whereas previously, we'd just used yy for everything.

With computers, blenders, coffee makers, washer/dryers, tvs, exercise equipment and so on, TS4 offers plenty of modules that look like 90s appliances and technology. Just avoid those that don't. And I think they've got plenty of fashion, too, if you need more than what you got through CC.

It would be fun to read that story! Nice decade, the 90s.

All I remember was people freaking out and me not understanding why (since I was only a preteen xD )

Thanks for the advice! I think I will go ahead with it :). I've also been wanting to do a story featuring del sol valley and the acting career, it would be cool to add a 90's spin to it lol.
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Hi everyone!

Look who the Llama dragged in. :grin:

It's been quite a while since I actually posted anything on the forums. I've been mostly in lurk mode and then, it's been very sporadic. Life has been mostly up, a little down (not much), and definitely VERY busy. We've just ended the season for the choral group I'm in and are off for the rest of the summer. That's kept me hopping until mid-April along with other stuff I've needed to do but really didn't want to. RL stinks sometimes.

What's been keeping me busy most of all is I did some maintenance on my Wordpress. I decided to go the self-hosting route rather than have Wordpress.com host all my files, posts, and everything that goes along with it. This gives me much more customization and freedom, and I can keep using the domain I bought. However, this meant I had to reconfigure a LOT of stuff, play with settings, and fiddle around with x+Y that did't always equal Z. Anyway, I got it looking pretty much how I want it to look for the most part (still playing around with widgets, plugins, and gizmos) and I can actually start WRITING again.

The long and short of it, though, is that because the "new" site replaced/overwrote the "old" one, my stats have reverted, pretty much, to nil. This means my following, small as it was, is no longer there, and all the likes I got on my posts before are gone, too. This also means that those who were following my blog before probably need to resub. With the hosting change, you do that by putting your email address in the little subscribe box rather than using the Follow button on the bottom (my site no longer has one). After that, it should show up in the Wordpress reader.

Sorry for the ramble but I wanted to get that out there in case anyone is interested. My blog is Simming With Sweet Nightingale

I hope you're all having a great day, and Happy Easter for those who celebrate it.

@CathyTea - I'm kinda late to the party (very usual for me, haha), but I'm very interested in this SimLists thing that everyone is talking about. Could you or someone give me a rundown on what it is and how it works (I'm SO behind on this thread)? that would be so helpful, and I'd be eternally grateful. :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited April 2019

Basically back then people were freaking out because computers were not meant to store data past 1999 ( i think that's what happened). Also, it was a new millennium and it was really exciting back then lol!

I do not remember this at all. XD of course I also didn't care much about the over all world back than.
    I just thought about this... My mother is a computer programmer, so perhaps that's why I was unphased. XD
    Shadami wrote: »

I do not remember this at all. XD of course I also didn't care much about the over all world back than.
    I just thought about this... My mother is a computer programmer, so perhaps that's why I was unphased. XD

I remember the whole Y2K thing. People thought the world was going to end because there was gonna be a huge crash of all the servers and computers. Then when it came and went with nothing much happening, the hubs and I had a good laugh over the whole thing. Admittedly, I wondered if there was something to it but the hubs was like, “Yeah, right.”
    Yup nothing. XD I only remember the excitement about living in two different time periods xD
    Yup nothing. XD I only remember the excitement about living in two different time periods xD

When I was a kid, I figured out how old I’d be when 2000 hit. I’d be 27, And I remember thinking, “Gosh, that’s OLD!” Here it is many years later and sometimes wish I was of an age again where 27 seemed old. LOL.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member

When I was a kid, I figured out how old I’d be when 2000 hit. I’d be 27, And I remember thinking, “Gosh, that’s OLD!” Here it is many years later and sometimes wish I was of an age again where 27 seemed old. LOL.

I used to think 20 was old LOL

@Shadami i also got excited about that! I really wish i was older back then because the fashion/music scene was really awesome, i was just too young to fully experience it :disappointed:
    THIRTYT(2).png

I used to think 20 was old LOL

@Shadami i also got excited about that! I really wish i was older back then because the fashion/music scene was really awesome, i was just too young to fully experience it :disappointed:

Right. And now, it’s like, “Where did the time go?”
    I never thought 30 was old. And now that I'm about to turn 28 in a couple months I'm like. Crap . I haven't done anything with my life and I'm running out of time!!!! XD

Fashion and music for me at the turn of the century was... Let's see... I was just getting my first pair of glasses and I was switching from having friends to being a total outcast because I'm a neik (nerd geek spelled using shiek from Zelda) and finding new friends to keep for life. Still friends with them too, we catch up when we can because we all live in separate areas now. And I was the little girl that listened to queen and backstreet boys. XD and backstreet boys was hated because it was all about nysnc at my school.
    I remember when my mom not 30. You would have thought the world was going to end. “I’m gonna stay in bed all day and cry.” She didn’t, but she was a bit grumpy that day. LOL.

Thirty wasn’t bad for me, but when I hit 40, it was a bit rough, I’m not gonna lie. I felt exactly the way you described, that I was running out of time and didn’t accomplish what I wanted to. I’m 46 now and came to the conclusion that life seldom works out as we originally plan.

My musical tastes are very eclectic. When I was a teenager, I really didn’t listen to a whole lot of music of the day. I just wasn’t into it, I guess. I love me some 50# DooWop but, of course, would never admit to it when I was in school. LOL. Looking back, I like 80s music now better than I did when I was younger. Go figure. I guess maybe because the stuff that is out now is total crap. As to fashion, I never kept up with the latest trends. For me, it was usually just jeans and T-shirts or sweaters. Of course, I was never in with the popular crowd either. I totally feel you on being outcast. I’m visually impaired, and going to a small school meant that I stuck out like a sore thumb. Let’s just say kids can be cruel. I actually hated high school and was so glad to be done with it. There are times I wish I was younger, but I would never, ever want to go back to high school. LOL.
  • QueeniePieQueeniePie Posts: 52 Member
    @Shadami I know what you mean! I just turned 27 and feel like old age has hit me... I don't know why I feel that way since I'm still in my 20's, but I definitely blame it on my kids. Who else can I blame for my graying hair and 'smile lines'?
    QueeniePie wrote: »
    @Shadami I know what you mean! I just turned 27 and feel like old age has hit me... I don't know why I feel that way since I'm still in my 20's, but I definitely blame it on my kids. Who else can I blame for my graying hair and 'smile lines'?

Kids will turn you old quicker than you realize. LOL! You feel old when you realize they have boundless energy and when you can’t ever remember being that little.

I'm glad that I can still remember a fair bit of my young childhood. XD so that I can still relate to my kids and understand them. But god do they still drive me nuts
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm glad that I can still remember a fair bit of my young childhood. XD so that I can still relate to my kids and understand them. But god do they still drive me nuts

so your having another one. :) sorry i just got amused. :)

your baby posts amuse me.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on

I remember bits and pieces of my young childhood, enough to know I’m glad I’m not a little kid. LOL. I wouldn’t mind being 24 or 25 again though. That was probably the healthiest I ever was as an adul. That is, until I had my accident. But…that’s another story.

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @PitlordMaggie I love that you choose to read my stories after dark!! That's awesome haha... definitely taking that as a compliment. And thank you so, so much for reading them! <3 It means so, so much to me. :blush:

@squirrelwithacup AHHHHHHH THAT EASTER PICTURE!!!!!!!! MY HEART JUST MELTED. :heart::cry: This is the best thing ever and thank you so much for blessing us with this.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    still around
    6adMCGP.gif
    Hey everyone! I have a new chapter for Nightshade today! You can read it here!
    37oYgl3.png
    Helloooo, my fellow Simlies!

I hope you all are having an awesome Tuesday. As for me, I'm enjoying a slow week of not having to rush off somewhere constantly. I've had a very busy March and first half of April, but thank goodness I can chillax, get in some reading, and actually play some Sims.

Still, there's always something to keep a person occupied and for me, it's been getting my SimLit from Blogger and setting it up on Wordpress blogs. Yep, I say blogs (plural) because I'm in the process of setting up more than one.

As I said in a previous post, I'm going to self-hosted route, which means I get to have my own custom domain names rather than the wordpress.com one you get when you sign up. This gives me much more control and freedom over my sites, and I have a very, very good web hosting service I'm using that will accommodate my needs. I'm setting up more than one site for a few reasons. First, I want to put legacies on a separate blog from non-generational stories. I guess I'm just kinda funny that way. I want to try to keep things as organized as I can. Besides, some people are more interested in legacies than non-generational stories and vice-versa, so I thought it might be easier for navigational purposes. You can find the link to that blog here. My story, formerly titledAs Tears Go By, is now titled Serenade. This is a musical legacy, meaning each generation will have its own theme song that will be incorporated into the story either through plot or other means. I'm only on Generation 1, so I have a looooong way to go. I'm bringing in the old posts from Blogger one by one but decided I'm going to scrap some of the old material. I just didn't like how some of it came out, so with the move, I've decided to rewrite the parts that bugged me.

My story Another World (a title change will be happening here, too) will also be moving to this blog. There are a few little things I need to adjust, so again, I'm bringing in the posts one by one. Once the post are migrated to their new home, they'll be taken down from the Blogger blogs. I'll be putting a post up on all the blogs giving info on where the stories can be found.

Simming With Sweet Nightingale contains Forever in Time andwill be the place for stuff like short stories, the Pen Pal Project, and other things I decide should be put there. Forever in Time is a more soap opera type of story, meaning that many characters will be featured. It started out with the intent of being a legacy, but as I was getting the posts moved from Blogger to Wordpress, I decided to take a different route. There are a number of characters who deserve screen time, and because I'm going to end up with so many immortals, a multi-generational legacy kind of story just wasn't going to do it. I'm also planning to have this story going very long term, so it gets its own separate blog for the most part. Like I said, other stuff will be there, but they will be mostly one-shot kind of posts as well as the Pen Pal Project which features my Forever in Time characters (and some others) anyway.

I'll also be setting up a third site in the near future because this is where the non-multi-generational stories will be. I have a lot of ideas running through my head, but first, I have to take care of getting the existing stories squared away.

Haha! I think I'm a glutton for punishment. :blush:

This is probably more info than you want to hear, and I'm very good at blathering. So, sorry about that. Anyway, if you're interested in following the blogs, there is a little box to type in your e-mail address. Since I'm doing self-hosted, the "Follow" button on most Worpress sites isn't there. New posts will then show up in your Reader, but you'll also get an email that a new post as been published.

They could use some love. :grin: Being new, they are lone ships drifting out to sea, aimlessly unnoticed and looking for a friendly face.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hi everyone!

@CathyTea - I'm kinda late to the party (very usual for me, haha), but I'm very interested in this SimLists thing that everyone is talking about. Could you or someone give me a rundown on what it is and how it works (I'm SO behind on this thread)? that would be so helpful, and I'd be eternally grateful. :) I hope you are doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather.

@sweetnightingale Hiya! The list that people are talking about is the one on the first post of the Writers' Lounge, and you've been on it for a few years! :)

@MamaSimMacho and @Dollyllama108 - I've got you both listed now, too!

Cheers!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited April 2019
    @CathyTea - Oh, okay. gotcha. 😄

Could you also add my other blog to the list? SimLit Legacies by Sharon This blog was created just yesterday, actually. This one will be the place for my legacy stories. What I am doing with it right now is moving my other stories from Blogger and putting them on this Wordpress blog. Alina’s story will be moving there as well as some other stuff. I’m in the process of making this move now and migrating the posts over. With the migration come some rewrites, so it’s going to be a process done over time. Anyway, I’d really appreciate it if you would add this one to the list as well. Thanks bunches! 😊
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    new chapter!!
    HAlBysk.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @CathyTea - Oh, okay. gotcha. 😄

Could you also add my other blog to the list? SimLit Legacies by Sharon This blog was created just yesterday, actually. This one will be the place for my legacy stories. What I am doing with it right now is moving my other stories from Blogger and putting them on this Wordpress blog. Alina’s story will be moving there as well as some other stuff. I’m in the process of making this move now and migrating the posts over. With the migration come some rewrites, so it’s going to be a process done over time. Anyway, I’d really appreciate it if you would add this one to the list as well. Thanks bunches! 😊

Hiya! I've listed this! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top