Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville spreading?

Some of my random Sims in places like Willow Creek are getting the stranger Ville possession in their own house. There's no plants around that I can see and they Sims have never been to stranger Ville or talk to anyone from there. Anyone else have this happen?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    PS I just noticed one thing. One of the household members I had accidentally given the stranger Ville aspiration too. And never done any of the mystery though or been to stranger Ville and it was not one that became possessed. But maybe this somehow affected it anyway?
    Nvm. I change that one Sims aspirations and The Willow Creek family still getting possessed
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I was doing a live stream and one of the residents of StrangerVille showed up on San Myshuno, and he was doing that possessed walk. I thought they said before SV came out, that that stuff would stay in StrangerVille? Was I wrong?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    [img][/img]tb7qET4.png
    I had them follow me home once.

RZvTLRg.png
    The only way to remove them from my house was to delete them as there was no ask to leave. I then repaired my game and have never had them intruding again, so assume it was just a glitch.

edited April 2019
    This isn't just the stranger Ville Sims showing up for me though this is my own creation Sim that is getting possessed in Willow Creek... I don't really care for me other ones intrude my game but agree that that shouldn't be happening either. But I feel like it's even worse when it's my own created Sim and I'm trying to get him ready for work and suddenly he's possessed.
    Plainevil wrote: »
    [img][/img]tb7qET4.png
    I had them follow me home once.

RZvTLRg.png
    The only way to remove them from my house was to delete them as there was no ask to leave. I then repaired my game and have never had them intruding again, so assume it was just a glitch.

Maybe I'll try repairing. Thanks. I don't hate it but it shouldn't really be happening
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Any sim can have the aspiration at anytime, but the virus definitely shouldn't spread to other worlds
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    This sounds like a bug. Maybe you should report it on the Answers forum.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    This sounds like a bug. Maybe you should report it on the Answers forum.

Thanks. I took some screen caps so maybe I'll do that when I get home and can post then
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Yikes. I asked about planting the plants I saw in buy/build mode. Now, I'm certain I won't plant them. :open_mouth: While the game itself was fun in it's own way. Solving a mystery usually is, trying to defeat the scenario was a tad traumatizing to this old granny. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Yikes. I asked about planting the plants I saw in buy/build mode. Now, I'm certain I won't plant them. :open_mouth: While the game itself was fun in it's own way. Solving a mystery usually is, trying to defeat the scenario was a tad traumatizing to this old granny. LOL

I don't have any of the plants planted either. But I have noticed he gets possessed every day just before bedtime
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I had my vampire sim bite a strangerville sim without thinking and he became possessed. He lives in Forgotten Hollow so I looked out for while to see if there has been any spread and so far I think it's okay. I know that this occassion is my fault but is kind of annoying.
    hevker wrote: »
    I had my vampire sim bite a strangerville sim without thinking and he became possessed. He lives in Forgotten Hollow so I looked out for while to see if there has been any spread and so far I think it's okay. I know that this occassion is my fault but is kind of annoying.

That would be haha. Not the case here I don't have vampire pack. But good to know that can happen!
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    That definitely sounds like a bug, but I actually kinda hope I have this one..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Yea, this has happened to me, but with my sim that lived in San Myshuno. One of the possessed sims came to a festival and spread the virus. I wish there was a way to turn the strangerville story off. I beat it twice, then I start a new save and bam, possessed sims all over again. Its terrible. I want to be able to live in strangerville without having to either beat the story everytime, or continue using the same save forever.
    2ynjgg8.png
    Corenren wrote: »
    Yea, this has happened to me, but with my sim that lived in San Myshuno. One of the possessed sims came to a festival and spread the virus. I wish there was a way to turn the strangerville story off. I beat it twice, then I start a new save and bam, possessed sims all over again. Its terrible. I want to be able to live in strangerville without having to either beat the story everytime, or continue using the same save forever.

At least you know how it started, how the festival. My sim had never even left his house before since he was newly created. And yes I wish the same. I actually love the storyline and I'm working on it the second time around I can see myself doing it a few times. But I wish we could turn it off so we don't have to every single time. I so wish we could turn off celebrities and Vampires though. Vampires is the only pack I don't have because I don't want them in my game, but I would love some of the cas if we could turn them off. I don't know why big game features like this aren't a toggle off because people would probably buy the pack more if they could just do that
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    @simalexandria I didn't want to buy vampires because of this too, however, they tend to keep to themselves as long as you don't use any kind of vampire interactions, or objects. I have not had a problem with them in my game. I really wish I could turn off celebrities too, they are so annoying, and I'm tired of my sims constantly swooning over them in public. I just try to avoid them. They should definitely make these kinds of major features able to be turned off. I think I read somewhere that you can turn these off with MCCC. But I refuse to use mods or CC in my game.
    2ynjgg8.png
    Corenren wrote: »
    @simalexandria I didn't want to buy vampires because of this too, however, they tend to keep to themselves as long as you don't use any kind of vampire interactions, or objects. I have not had a problem with them in my game. I really wish I could turn off celebrities too, they are so annoying, and I'm tired of my sims constantly swooning over them in public. I just try to avoid them. They should definitely make these kinds of major features able to be turned off. I think I read somewhere that you can turn these off with MCCC. But I refuse to use mods or CC in my game.

I do use MCCC, i don't use cc but have 2 mods (mccc and a foster child one) but only in a few of my game files not all of them. And I don't want the vampires in any of the games LOL! If they were ever to put a toggle off on vampires I would be quick to buy. Otherwise I'm going to have to really think about it and maybe maybe maybe if it goes on a big sale, but right now I'm leaning towards not having them.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I knew this was going to happen... the developers said the possession stuff wouldn't happen outside of Strangerville, but here we are... now they're probably going to come up with a ridiculous excuse like "well, it's already in the game, so there's nothing we can do about it!" and then they'll pin the "weirder stories" label on the bug and respond with something like "We want your game to be as quirky as possible!" and give a stupid smile afterwards.

Simply put, this bug probably isn't going to be fixed... and they'll just end up saying it's part of their idea to make the game quirky (despite their original claim that this wouldn't effect worlds outside of Strangerville).

And before anyone jumps at me for making these assumptions, I've been playing The Sims since the first game... I've seen the way these kinds of bugs are dealt with. Most of them are never addressed by the developers. That's one of the major reasons Sims 3 turned out to be a huge buggy mess... they don't care to fix anything.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    I knew this was going to happen... the developers said the possession stuff wouldn't happen outside of Strangerville, but here we are... now they're probably going to come up with a ridiculous excuse like "well, it's already in the game, so there's nothing we can do about it!" and then they'll pin the "weirder stories" label on the bug and respond with something like "We want your game to be as quirky as possible!" and give a stupid smile afterwards.

Simply put, this bug probably isn't going to be fixed... and they'll just end up saying it's part of their idea to make the game quirky (despite their original claim that this wouldn't effect worlds outside of Strangerville).

And before anyone jumps at me for making these assumptions, I've been playing The Sims since the first game... I've seen the way these kinds of bugs are dealt with. Most of them are never addressed by the developers. That's one of the major reasons Sims 3 turned out to be a huge buggy mess... they don't care to fix anything.

We'll see. My opinion is different but either way I haven't had a chance to try repairing the game yet though and if that doesn't work it's not really a big deal. The Possession only last for 3 in-game hours, which is like 3 minutes of my time. And it seems pretty rare, I have a lot of game saves and it's only one of them that it seems to be affecting at this point. I don't regret buying stranger Ville or anything because it's one of my favorite packs to play still
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It may be great if some of the sims with that weird possessed sims are still in other worlds if someone is working on strangerville - however if someone doesn't want that - they should have a setting to turn that off!
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    It may be great if some of the sims with that weird possessed sims are still in other worlds if someone is working on strangerville - however if someone doesn't want that - they should have a setting to turn that off!

Agreed. I wish it could be turned off altogether for people.
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    I haven't tried it yet, but apparently someone made a new save file with the Strangerville mystery already solved: modthesims.info/d/624696/not-so-strangerville-save-file.html
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I hope it can't spread. Its nice to have the game behave the way I want it to tbh. Console doesn't have it yet but I imagine its coming.

Vampires are pretty good. They mostly keep to themselves now that they are nerfed.

Aliens - getting abducted and having disguised aliens in the game seems to be the worst of it as long as you don't pursue it.

I really hope StrangerVille Possession is one of those things that gets looked over a bit more now that the game is live