Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tag Included in Which Pack?

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
In March of this year, SimGuruGrant tweeted he was having nightmares testing tag (for kids). Do any of you have any idea what type of pack might include tag, and are you excited?
https://mobile.twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/status/1111340664510283776
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    In March of this year, SimGuruGrant tweeted he was having nightmares testing tag (for kids). Do any of you have any idea what type of pack might include tag, and are you excited?

Maybe it's an outdoors fun and hobby pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If it’s added, I feel like it would just be a random addition and doesn’t need to be in a specific pack because it could belong in anything.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,387 Member
    It sounds like he means when he testing it n TS2 and still gets nightmares of it. I wouldn’t take it to meant anything, he doesn’t like to tease anything
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It could the next SP. PLAYTIME
  • lynciaa_lollynciaa_lol Posts: 22 Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > Cinebar wrote: »
    >
    > In March of this year, SimGuruGrant tweeted he was having nightmares testing tag (for kids). Do any of you have any idea what type of pack might include tag, and are you excited?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Maybe it's an outdoors fun and hobby pack.

A hobby game pack would be so cool! And also adding tag for all ages
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh wow, thanks for posting this Cinebar! I've been tweeting the devs a lot to add play interactions like tag, hide & seek, so on : D I had no idea Grant posted that they were working on it
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    Oh wow, thanks for posting this Cinebar! I've been tweeting the devs a lot to add play interactions like tag, hide & seek, so on : D I had no idea Grant posted that they were working on it

They weren’t working on it at all. In fact, he basically said it was really difficult to make in TS2 (he had nightmares testing it) which implies they’re unlikely to bring it back.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

He was talking about what a pain it was to work on it during TS2. They aren't working on it for TS4. Grant would never confirm something like that.
    edited April 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

They weren’t working on it at all. In fact, he basically said it was really difficult to make in TS2 (he had nightmares testing it) which implies they’re unlikely to bring it back.

Oh but he said, ''Ugh I'm getting nightmares testing it." Not that,. "I had nightmares testing it.' : /
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I would say a Generations type pack would be great for it as it could give kids more games to play. But certain devs said they don't want to do that kind of pack, so who knows where they'd put tag in if they ever incorporated it. Outdoor activities pack?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Oh but he said, ''Ugh I'm getting nightmares testing it." Not that,. "I had nightmares testing it.' : /

It’s more like he was getting nightmares thinking about how he tested it 10+ years ago. He’s a senior producer now and he’s way past the stage of testing individual features himself.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    Why not patch it in, it's been a base game feature since TS1.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    The way it's worded you could surmise he's currently working on it, but I'm confident what he actually meant was having nightmares thinking about working on TS2 version in the past, like others have already posted. Grant would never spill something like that in such a nonchalant way.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I think play tag should be patched in
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,794 Member
    I'd love to see it return in an educational pack. Tag would be one of the games kids would play at recess.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Maybe a summer fun type hobby pack or part of an education pack. I use to play tag in school during recess. Just a thought...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Whatever it is, I took it as it is finished and needs a final test. Grant is testing it :*

May not be tag, but something that has similar animations? Could be throwing a baseball, like throwing a snowball, which wouldn't require any nightmares (since throwing a snowball is already in the game) . I think (as kids) there was a tag football? we used to play.

The nightmare would come from them "kicking it up a notch" :D

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,949 Member
    I sure hope they bring tag back and other games children can play without objects. I loved it in the sims 2! It would also be great if they bring back volleyball. I would also like to see hopscotch, 4 square, and tossing a baseball to each other. And, pool games would be nice too!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sadly he was talking about working on Marco polo and tag during Sims 2 not about current development. Seeing how poorly snowball fights were done I highly doubt we will see tag again they just cant seem to get Sims to interact with each other right beyond talking.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,379 Member

Possibley a Generations Type Gamepack.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Maybe he misspoke on Twitter? This is a direct quote;' Ugh I'm getting nightmares testing it.'

edited April 2019
    @ChadSims2 playing catch/fetch with pets looks great, it could be the same between sims. And in the gaming mat, sims can play catch, soccer, baseball and the animations are nice.

MRekJnX.jpg
    Post edited by Sofmc9 on
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Possibley a Generations Type Gamepack.

If only.

A proper Generations style EP would be a very welcome addition to the game imo.

Actually besides Seasons, Generations was my favorite Sims 3 EP.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Maybe it's an outdoors fun and hobby pack.

We need this so bad lol
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I understand why they want to avoid this kind of gameplay, honestly.

A lot of the Sims 2 interactions like tag etc, often looked ridiculous. Sims running around like they're on speed, stopping and starting, having route failures, and on occasion they would teleport if they the other Sim stopped but the second Sim is stuck and hasn't reached the Sim.

Interactions between Sims has always been quite buggy or robot looking, and snowball/water fights in The Sims 4 are a good example of how it "can be done" but it often just looks ridiculous.

If you actually think about it, there are barely any video games that have two people touching outside pre-rendered scenes. Most games skip that and just have things like "Press E to give/trade/talk" etc and the game automatically moves on pretending the exchange happened.

Playing Borderlands, Grand Theft Auto, Borderlands etc atm, and characters don't really engage with each other much. It's hard to do in order to make it look convincing and I guess game development isn't really there yet. As games get more complicated, it's more complicated for games to then program stuff like this in.