Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which one should I get?

I'm almost done buying sims 4 packs, I just have a few left and need help knowing which one to buy first:
Stuff packs:
- cool kitchen
- luxury party
Or game pack:
- Strangerville
Which of these first? My playstyle is usually inside a house, I don't like to travel too much around worlds since it takes up a lot of time with the loading screens, plus I simply love building a nice house and playing it with a family :smile:

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'd say Cool Kitchen then. Luxury Party is for... well... partys, and based on what you've said about your play style it should be second. Strangerville involves a lot of traveling, so... But, if you wanna know a secret, Cool Kitchen Stuff has more CAS items then Build/Buy items!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    Hard to say. Probably cool kitchen relating to your play style. i really only use the fountain and buffet table occasionally with luxury party and the ice cream machine from cool kitchen. Both packs are disappointingly lacking though
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'm almost done buying sims 4 packs, I just have a few left and need help knowing which one to buy first:
    Stuff packs:
    - cool kitchen
    - luxury party
    Or game pack:
    - Strangerville
    Which of these first? My playstyle is usually inside a house, I don't like to travel too much around worlds since it takes up a lot of time with the loading screens, plus I simply love building a nice house and playing it with a family :smile:

Cool Kitchen.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Another vote for Cool Kitchen here! I really love the CAS/build items and the ice cream maker (also great for retail lots and restaurants). It seems to suit your play style the most. I also love family play and I get the most use out of Cool Kitchen out of the three. My 'big bad' vampire sim looks so cute in his apron. :D

Luxury Party was the first SP and arguably this shows, but it's nice for weddings/events if you want buffet tables, chocolate fountains etc. and also for dressing flashy celebrity sims. I find some of the clothing rather ghastly myself, but there are a few really nice formal/party outfits and make-up.

I haven't played Strangerville yet so I'm not the best judge. I'm not a huge fan of story based game play though as I prefer a more versatile, open sandbox, but I do love the Strangerville world with the Victorian style builds and military career. I recommend checking out the SimsVIP or Carl guides and other reviews if you haven't already, or just looking at the items/features included to see which appeals to you the most. :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm having a great time with Strangerville. It can be played without the story, if that is important to you.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I’d say Cool Kitchen according to what you’ve said about your play style. Strangerville is quite a fun game pack too, comes with a small, but new world !
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    edited April 2019
    Stranger vile adds game play, weirdness trait, new content. or if you after decor then luxury party and cool kitchen.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cool Kitchen. Strangerville is nothing but back and forth traveling and loading screens. Luxury Party is specfically for fancy parties. Cool Kitchen at least gives you nice kitchen stuff and the ice cream machine.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Personally, between those 3 choices, I think you should get StrangerVille. It is the best option of the 3 listed in my opinion.

That being said, I think Cool Kitchen would go best with your play style.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My pick for you, based on what you've said about your play style, is Strangerville. It comes with a new world, not huge but really different and very pretty to look at, plus, you said that you like to build, and Srangerville comes with some really nice Victorian style build stuff. Peaked windows, posts, rails, doors with transoms and some very nice color swatches.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited April 2019
    Since you love building a house and playing in it I second dannydanbo's recommendation of Strangerville. The new doors, windows, railing ect are very, very nice. Good clothing and CAS items also. You might not use some of the stranger stuff but there is a new bookcase.. a really nice jukebox and more like the military bunks ect.. they have unlocked some plants that came in the game for use recently also.
    You'll also have a new career option, and some gameplay items you don't have to use in connection to the storyline if you don't want too. Then of course you have the beautiful new world... with some odd neighbors.
    Cool Kitchen does add a new kitchen set but if you have every other pack in the game it might not be as useful to you now. The icecream maker is nice as the main gameplay item.
    Luxury party has some nice stuff but it was one of the first packs .. they have done better since then. Although I still love it for the banquet tables. It adds a few new parties too if you like to throw parties.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    There are a lot of suggestions for Cool Kitchen, but honestly, I think you would get more out of Strangerville. It’s a bigger pack, which means it comes with more stuff. If you’re a builder, this will come in handy. Luckily, too, you don’t have to play the storyline that comes with the pack. Getting the pack doesn’t mean you have to travel around everywhere. You can easily avoid doing that.
  • Foxy_Foxy_ Posts: 37 Member
    i mean if u want ur sims to act like crack heads get the strangerville pack, or if u like to decorate your sims homes get the cool kitchen stuff
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There are a lot of suggestions for Cool Kitchen, but honestly, I think you would get more out of Strangerville. It’s a bigger pack, which means it comes with more stuff. If you’re a builder, this will come in handy. Luckily, too, you don’t have to play the storyline that comes with the pack. Getting the pack doesn’t mean you have to travel around everywhere. You can easily avoid doing that.

We're suggesting CK because of what OP said about his/her playstyle. :) I don't think she'd get more out of Strangerville, because she doesn't like to travel. It may come with build mode stuff, but she said she loves "building a nice house." I don't know how much Strangerville could help with that.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

We're suggesting CK because of what OP said about his/her playstyle. :) I don't think she'd get more out of Strangerville, because she doesn't like to travel. It may come with build mode stuff, but she said she loves "building a nice house." I don't know how much Strangerville could help with that.

You can (and I have) created some beautiful Victorian houses with Strangerville.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    [quote="Rouenpucelle;c-17039171"]I'm having a great time with Strangerville. It can be played without the story, if that is important to you.[/quote]

It can be played without the story? That's cool!
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Definitely Cool Kitchen. I'd say it's one of my favorite stuff packs.