Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extreme lag in build mode.

ยซ1
_natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
I was playing as the Goths today on PS4 and I went into build mode... and now I'm stuck. Without exiting the entire game itself, I am stuck in build mode because of EXTREME lag.

Update: I managed to get back into live mode but the entire game was lagging, too. I reloaded. I assume it was just a one off problem...
She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I was playing as the Goths today on PS4 and I went into build mode... and now I'm stuck. Without exiting the entire game itself, I am stuck in build mode because of EXTREME lag.

Update: I managed to get back into live mode but the entire game was lagging, too. I reloaded. I assume it was just a one off problem...

Hopefully it will be fixed in the patch Tuesday.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I've experienced this problem 3 times in 2 separate play throughs. When I finally manage to get out of Build Mode the entire game lags. I am able to save (thankfully) and reboot the game, but it is such a struggle. I'll try and upload some footage soon.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Yea its been reported over on the EA bug report site, I forgot the name. Its been very Lagg in game in general for me since the last patch a few months back. I hope they fix it with next week's patch.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    edited April 2019
    Lately when I've been coming out of Build Mode, the game has been very jittery and blocky, like the game is having trouble with too much going on on the screen, but it rights itself after a while. Like trying to run a PC game on a PC that requires higher-end specs.

You shouldn't have this problem at all on console.
    2quwd7.gif

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I've been experiencing lag with deleting objects in build & buy mode ,it copies the object instead , eventually it does delete , that didnt happen for me before recent patch. I've also noticed its freezing sometimes but no to the extent that it's not playable :-) , mistakes happen hopefully they fix it next update.
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I'm still getting lag, sadly the patch a couple of days ago didn't fix it.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I can eat a whole six to eight inch sub, take the plate downstairs to the dishwasher, go back up and it's still not finished the process of loading the household. Couple that with the original load time of going to the title screen to menu screen, I can probably finish War and Peace before I get to really start playing.
    I wonder when this will get fixed..
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wonder when this will get fixed..

Probably next month or the month after.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    The switch from build buy mode to live mode is much more jarring than it should be. It's rather surprising seeing how powerful the consoles are
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The switch from build buy mode to live mode is much more jarring than it should be. It's rather surprising seeing how powerful the consoles are

The game isnโ€™t optimised well at all.
    edited April 2019
    Something very strange happened when I went back into a house's build mode after creating a new Sim in CAS.

It was showing the first floor, I couldn't go from normal to birds-eye view, I couldn't turn the grid on and off and when I pressed "Down" to go to the ground floor, it jumped to the basement.

I just hope it doesn't do it again tonight and was just a "once in a blue moon" thing.
    2quwd7.gif

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    Something very strange happened when I went back into a house's build mode after creating a new Sim in CAS.

It was showing the first floor, I couldn't go from normal to birds-eye view, I couldn't turn the grid on and off and when I pressed "Down" to go to the ground floor, it jumped to the basement.

I just hope it doesn't do it again tonight and was just a "once in a blue moon" thing.

I don't think it is. I'm having the same problems. The new update has essentially broken the controls on the normal controller. Building is practically impossible.
    edited April 2019
    @adamclark83 and @animevamp I had this problem today, also. So, do you think console players will get an emergency patch like they did PC players?
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @_natalie I hope so.
    @adamclark83 and @animevamp I had this problem today, also. So, do you think console players will get an emergency patch like they did PC players?

It seems the issue is related to entering Build mode after using CAS. Everything was fine last night until I entered Build Mode after creating a new Sim in CAS. Also, I've noticed that since the recent patch, sometimes the cursor slides when you're trying to do something in Build mode.
    2quwd7.gif

But I haven't experienced it after using CAS. I can be 10 or even 40 minutes into a game, go into Build Mode and it happens.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    edited April 2019
    Its impossible to build now , I give up trying to ๐Ÿ˜‚ , my ice cream shop is just going to have to wait lol
    In gameplay its working like build mode with being able to pick up objects and delete them what the plum lol , going to restart game.
    Best to avoid build mode until it gets fixed
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    You don't expect fixes with patches anymore (especially on consoles). It's like taking a piece of metal that they were using to cover one hole on a leaky ship to cover another hole of the leaky ship. I have issues pop up that had disappeared months ago, and other things I reported are never fixed.
    edited April 2019
    When we got the latest patch , PC got a patch purely for fixing some bugs. It's going to take time to fix all of the lags. No game is flawless because were not, dont give me wrong it can be frustrating especially when it has something to do with build mode. My guess EA knows this and it's on a big part of the game. I believe they will fix this Eventually. Give them time they are working hard. I think its something to do with keyboard and mouse support on build mode the controller is a bit dodgy ๐Ÿ˜‚ I might buy myself a keyboard and mouse might make build mode a bit easier for now . What's the best type of keyboard to get ?
    Has anyone mentioned this to SimGuruJoystick on Twitter?
    You don't expect fixes with patches anymore (especially on consoles). It's like taking a piece of metal that they were using to cover one hole on a leaky ship to cover another hole of the leaky ship. I have issues pop up that had disappeared months ago, and other things I reported are never fixed.

I told my dad the other day of all the issues reported and he's never heard of a single program having so many problems with it. He also said he doesn't see them getting fixed at all as the game is still selling: "Why fix something that is still making money?"
    2quwd7.gif

The lag is not longer confined to build mode I can't even exit pause without it freaking out for a good few minutes.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yep.. I'd say adding keyboard / mouse support has messed up some of the controller controls. On Pc they've never supported controllers so it sort of makes sense that they'd have some problems combining the two on console. You'd have thought they would have done a bit more testing though.

With the console version I always picture just one lonely person in a broom cupboard that has the unfortunate task of porting the sims over.
    "Can I come out now?".. "NO! While you were in there messing around with keyboard controls we've come out with 2 new packs and 3 patches.. get back in there!"