Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you celebrate your sims' birthdays?

2...Next

Comments

• AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    I usually miss their birthdays, but lately I've been at least baking cakes for them to avoid the negative moodlet. I think the birthday parties would be fun if I threw them, so maybe I'll start.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Alone.
    Or with family members who could care less. :D
    tumblr_pq168ggmUc1xq9hdmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_pq168ggmUc1xq9hdmo3_500.jpg

tumblr_pq168ggmUc1xq9hdmo4_500.jpg
    I apologize for the strange, soul-less eyes of this child. He’s the result of a merman and an alien’s marriage :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Amphora wrote: »
    Alone.
    Or with family members who could care less. :D
    [...]
    I apologize for the strange, soul-less eyes of this child. He’s the result of a merman and an alien’s marriage :p
    And yet he needs nurturing, hugs, encouragement, birthday cake, help with his homework (even if he can figure it all out on his own) and family game night. And someone to make sure he eats all of his vegetables and cleans his room.

Don't know the backstory, but I feel so sad seeing this. Send the child over to my game and my sims will show him how things work in other settings. :'(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • alexjoanrowwalexjoanroww Posts: 63 Member
    It depends. Sometimes I throw parties,sometimes I just ignore the birthday and let them age up.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t

All they get is a slice of hamburger cake
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member

When reading this thread I was a little puzzled as to why not use a birthday cake; it being my regular method, but without any fuss. And then this happened:

bYvO5JJ.jpg

OJyGqzv.jpg

The screams were horrifying (I still laughed)

yYSlnEA.jpg

They did get to have cake though

7zv2Vcz.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    In my story, when Taïga was a child, she celebrated with her grandmother and the closest family aka Mrs. Brown and then her great Aunt Missy. Then, as a teen, partying got out of hands sometimes...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    And yet he needs nurturing, hugs, encouragement, birthday cake, help with his homework (even if he can figure it all out on his own) and family game night. And someone to make sure he eats all of his vegetables and cleans his room.

Don't know the backstory, but I feel so sad seeing this. Send the child over to my game and my sims will show him how things work in other settings. :'(
    I wouldn’t feel too bad for Orion.
    Born with the evil trait, even as a toddler he would get the fiendishly delighted moodlet when his stinky diapers disgusted his family members. :D
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I am glad this thread is getting some feedback! Our sims have feelings too! Let's not forget their birthdays...mmkay? LOL! Who am I kidding? I always forget lately!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Amphora wrote: »
    I wouldn’t feel too bad for Orion.
    Born with the evil trait, even as a toddler he would get the fiendishly delighted moodlet when his stinky diapers disgusted his family members. :D
    My family oriented sims have raised enough children to not let things like that bother them. They would prefer to not be murdered in their sleep by an overly rebellious teen who has perhaps been gently disciplined or otherwise shown where the boundaries of acceptable behavior lie, but that's what locks on the bedroom doors are for.

Hopefully the particular manifestation of his evilness involving diapers is something that he has outgrown by now anyway, but hey whatever makes him happy. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    Im a simple Sim overlord. I force them to bake a cake, add candles, then blow them out. Mostly for toddlers cause omg so annoying sometimes, especially my last family. They had triplets >.>