Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t get perfect bizarre fruit. By design or a bug?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @invisiblgirl Ouch! That's rough. They're going to have some interesting stories to tell.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Thank you @Airakale and @invisiblgirl for your replies! I figured it out on my own though by just trying it out. I sent my Sim to StrangerVille with camping gear one late morning. By early afternoon he'd collected half the items needed to get a keycard at the lab. He also visited George Cahill and picked up more evidence there. Jerrad also took a shower while visiting and made them both dinner. I figured it was the least he could do for George since he'd just barged in on him. At least they're good friends now. The Always Welcome reward trait sure came in handy! :)

He didn't spend the night there though. He put down a tent next to the trailer park lot to get some shut-eye that night and went back to the lab the next morning. Evidence regenerates every day as long as the lab door hasn't been opened, so he found enough additional evidence for a dossier. Bought the keycard from Erwin at his curio stall, went back to the lab, opened the door, got a cutting from a plant and had it grafted and growing on a perfect Daisy plant back home in Brindleton Bay by late afternoon. He now has Perfect Bizarre fruit! Yay! \o/

For Jerrad, it only took a little over a day to get the cutting. I was surprised, I thought it would take much longer. It definitely helped he doesn't have any family to look after yet. I can see how it would take longer with a toddler to take care of and bad weather too. I got lucky with the weather as well, it was a heatwave. It also helped the lab has a bathroom (which he used, very handy) and a kitchen. Had thoughts of just having him camp there, but decided against it. Anyway, I'm happy. Jerrad is well on his way to having a perfect garden with one of every plant and/or seed available in the game! <3