Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ORPHAN SAGA: a comic book style Sims story.

ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
8qRnfct.png
Hello, Simmers! ORPHAN SAGA is a campy side story that's been playing out in my Sims games for many years. It revolves around two orphans living parallel lives who, in searching for their own identities, are ultimately led to each other. Though the premise sounds self-serious, it is mostly a vehicle for absurd humor and situations with a few emotional moments interspersed throughout.

With this year being the 10th anniversary of The Sims 3, I felt drawn back to this storyline I started ten years ago and thought it would be a fun opportunity to not only continue playing it but to share some of it in a comic book/graphic novel style format. This thread will be updated periodically as these stories progress. Thanks for reading!

—ORPHAN SAGA: THE CHARACTERS—
VtxA4OO.jpg* JASON "GWYDION" ANDERSON, the lost son of the Andersons (my main Sims family). Born in secret and abandoned by his mother as a baby, Jason was kidnapped by the evil Ken Dumonte, a mad scientist incapable of having children of his own. Sixteen years later, the boy now known as Gwydion has lived his entire life in an underground lair, groomed to succeed a madman who murders Sims for sport. He's desperate for answers about his own existence -- but may never find them if his master's jealous henchmen manage to kill him first.

v3YQ8bQ.jpg* CATHERINE JOLINA, the daughter of Sunset Valley's Jamie Jolina and Stiles McGraw. After a horrible drunken accident, Cathy's mother was killed, and her deadbeat father abandoned toddler Cathy on the doorstep of Daniel Anderson, a family friend. The Anderson family split custody of Cathy and raised her as one of their own, but she's always felt separate and uninvolved in their happy lives. She longs to learn more about the birth mother she never knew, and now that she's coming of age, she's ready to start looking for some answers.

—THE MASTER: EXTENDED BACK STORY [optional reading]—
kUJIlng.png
Many years ago in the quiet town of Pleasantview, a mad scientist named Ken Dumonte invented a machine that could both alter a Sim's face and prolong one's life -- but only by repurposing flesh harvested from the dead. After murdering his roommate Kris (who never washed his hands after using the bathroom) and transforming himself into a stunningly attractive man, Ken soon discovered that any offspring carrying his genes would be born with a resemblance to his former self, revealing to his lovers his hidden shame of not being born handsome.

cL38qX7.png
With this knowledge, Ken grew obsessed with procuring an heir attractive enough to pose as his biological son. He hired henchmen to perform random kidnappings, enticing these minions with the gift of long life and hotness to secure their loyalty. For decades, Pleasantview was terrorized by a string of disappearances as Ken auditioned one potential heir after another, murdering each as they alternately failed to meet his approval or attempted escape.

1PHk3jS.png
Decades later, Ken grew tired of the graphics in Pleasantview and relocated to Sunset Valley to pursue his latest obsession: the Anderson family, my main Sims household of attractive Sims with perfect hair and piercing blue eyes and voices like angels singing lullabies to puppies in harmony. Ken knew these genes would be perfect for an heir to his legacy. All he needed was the right moment to sneak one of their young away unnoticed...

hR78zKr.png
That opportunity came two generations later when a boy named Daniel Anderson impregnated a young Poly Sci student named Jessica Vera. Fearing for her future political career, Jessica gave birth in secret and abandoned her newborn son Jason on a random Sunset Valley doorstep. It was there that Ken swooped in and kidnapped the boy who would inherit his fortune and sins.

kF5tWCq.png
It has now been sixteen years. Ken's machine has begun to malfunction, requiring more materials for less desirable results. The orphan Jason Anderson, now simply called "Gwydion," has lived his entire life in an underground lair, unknown to his birth father, unwanted by his mother, helplessly watching the man he calls "Master" murder and collect flesh from the innocent people of Sunset Valley.

He thinks it's kind of gross.
9d9hOnJ.png
Post edited by Archivist on

Comments

• ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited April 2019
    —ORPHAN SAGA: TABLE OF CONTENTS—

Gwydion #1: Master
    0zhDs0s.png

Gwydion #2: Brosephalus
    VzKA2bG.png

Gwydion #3: Brosephalii
    4Fdphlj.png

Cathy #1: Mom's House
    HJcZLuC.png

Cathy #2: 2009
    1VfYiDr.jpg

Cathy #3: Blue
    LEEarq6.png

Cathy #4: Pouring
    vO5yhV0.png

Cathy #5: Vapid College Friends
    pn2rIcc.png

Cathy #5b: Patrick
    stUtmIF.png

Cathy #5c: Patriarck
    O7TXILY.jpg

Cathy #6: I Wonder
    kcGNN6p.png

Gwydion #4: Brosephagone
    dVOoyV7.png

Gwydion #5: Heir
    A9huDeh.png

Gwydion #6: Kid A
    MU5jtAa.png

Gwydion #7: I, Simbot
    MZvZXAb.png

Gwydion #8: Stud
    5a32Ewl.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited April 2019
    Gwydion #9: Montgomery
    R69vJFd.png

Gwydion #9b: Coda
    DsUrTlY.png
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited March 2019
    "What if she's a never nude?"
    "But how would she make money?"
    "WHOA"

:joy: This is gold. Also in my opinion never nude is one weird and (kinda) useless trait for a sim to have.

And yeah 2009 was weird :joy: with the books about vampire woohooing bahaha.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    "What if she's a never nude?"
    "But how would she make money?"
    "WHOA"

:joy: This is gold. Also in my opinion never nude is one weird and (kinda) useless trait for a sim to have.

And yeah 2009 was weird :joy: with the books about vampire woohooing bahaha.
    Haha, Cassie loves roasting her bestie. :joy: And totally! Never Nude was always such a random reference. Those mid-2000's TS3 devs must have been some major Arrested Development fans. :D
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    And again here! You've got such an incredible style and flair for drama! The humor is just right and yet I find myself really pulled into the story of these two! Poor Jason is in a bit of a jam, though...

I do have to say I absolutely died laughing when Cassie and Cathy saw Marcel!
    Also
    "Young adult, single, gay. (Default umbrella)" was something I found absurdly hilarious, if only because those umbrellas haunt me in my sleep!
    @EiraRose Thank you so much for the lovely comments! <3

Marcel showing up at that moment was such a welcome accident! I have like 20+ screenshots of Cassie and Cathy turning from their convo to stare in wide-eyed thirst as he marched right into this scene (with that hideous EA umbrella that I couldn't modify). :joy:
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited April 2019
    *Cathy #5 added above*

Update! This thread is getting very image-heavy, so all but the most recent episodes will now be found in spoiler tags in the Table of Contents at the beginning of the thread. I've also updated all of the images so that they're less compressed/smudgy.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited April 2019
    *Cathy #6 and Gwydion #4 added above*

*Extended Back Story added above*
    9d9hOnJ.png
    edited April 2019
    *Gwydion #5 added above*