Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banana Drama - A Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Can you add
    The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright too? Thanks. That's the story I'm working on the most recently.

don't you mean reworking on? sorry i don't see you much anymore :)

It's my most active story is what I was saying. Yes, this is the second edition though. The better one, I hope.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Can you add
    The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright too? Thanks. That's the story I'm working on the most recently.

Added. :)
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    @Bugsie2016 Can you add

Added. :)

Thank you. :blush:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for my absence... I've been so insanely busy irl, so ugh... writing my thesis, then suddenly deciding I want to move to a new place and trying to get rid of my current place even though my contract requires me to rent until July, LOL... it's been, well, busy.

But I'm still alive and kicking and still very excited for this reading circle!

I really want to release at least 3 (and preferably 4) more chapters before my story is discussed, hehehe... currently, my story is in-progress at 11 chapters as of right now (posted the 11th chapter on Sunday but never even got around to notifying anyone of this. :sweat_smile:)

In the meantime, I'm still busily reading the amazing Friends of Foes and want so badly to catch up with it LOL, as well as Cathytea's beautiful finished story Shift. I want to read you guys' stuff too, but I also know I shouldn't be putting too much on my plate right now between my real life situation and also the thesis I'm still working on. :sweat_smile:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Firande wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for my absence... I've been so insanely busy irl, so ugh... writing my thesis, then suddenly deciding I want to move to a new place and trying to get rid of my current place even though my contract requires me to rent until July, LOL... it's been, well, busy.

But I'm still alive and kicking and still very excited for this reading circle!

I really want to release at least 3 (and preferably 4) more chapters before my story is discussed, hehehe... currently, my story is in-progress at 11 chapters as of right now (posted the 11th chapter on Sunday but never even got around to notifying anyone of this. :sweat_smile:)

In the meantime, I'm still busily reading the amazing Friends of Foes and want so badly to catch up with it LOL, as well as Cathytea's beautiful finished story Shift. I want to read you guys' stuff too, but I also know I shouldn't be putting too much on my plate right now between my real life situation and also the thesis I'm still working on. :sweat_smile:

No worries @Firande . Take your time. Wishing you all the best with your thesis and the move.
    Also Mann I love Shift. It's a great story! XD
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Another LL Chapter. We finally get the other side to that random dog POV chapter.
    Chapter 40 Interlude: Connor
  • Options
    Happy Easter, Bananas! Even if you don't celebrate, I wish you peace and joy!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited April 2019
    Happy (Belated) Easter Bananas
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »

Happy Easter, @NRowe XD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    NRowe wrote: »

Happy Easter, @NRowe XD

its still easter here. happy easter
  • Options
    Updated the blog.
    I'm wondering if it's good enough for 'publishing' to it's own thread?

https://nzrowesims.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Hi I think I have forgotten but I think it's @firande's turn in the reading circle these two weeks.
    Sorry Firande. Hectic week.
    Feel free to ask us questions about your story and us readers can ask questions too.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hey @Firande.
    Some questions then, first might be a little tricky.
    - Name one thing (however general) you have in common with Remi
    - What is your favourite thing about Remi?
    - What is your least favourite, the most disliked or annoying?

I’ll admit to only being somewhere around chapter five or six. I’ll look to read some more, especially as the Q&A progresses.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @simscognito Thanks so much for your understanding!! It means a lot to me. Also, I very very much agree.... Shift is such a great story!! Am truly loving it. :blush:

@NRowe Definitely looks publishable to me!!! I love it. The layout and design is really great, & your story too... I am loving your dialogues. I'd just go for it... if you share the link on here, I'll make sure to post on it and try to follow it as well as I can. :blush:

Thank you so much for the questions!! These are so extremely interesting... :smirk:

1. One thing I have in common with Remi: We are both extremely impressionable... Remi has already shown this through his relationship with Tori, where.... well, it's obvious who's wearing the pants in that relationship... LOL. I just see him as this really naive and impressionable guy... someone could tell him that the sky is actually pink and he'd believe it. I have a tendency of being like this in real life... especially the naive part (people love telling me absolute obvious lies and I'll still go "OMG really?? :open_mouth:". :joy:), but unfortunately also the impressionable part. I guess we're both very trusting... trusting to a fault. :sweat_smile:
    2. My favorite thing about Remi: Hmm.... I guess what I liked the most about Remi was how endearing he could be. Despite him being like... an actual serial killer LOL, I still tend to find him cute (as in endearing, not as in good-looking haha). Like, he had his moments... that just made me go "awww, this is cute." :joy: As my Part 0 showed, he had his struggles growing up and didn't have the best upbringing... but he did still choose to be very optimistic and positive overall.... (OVERALL :sweat_smile:) which I can also really respect about him.
    3. Least favorite: When it comes to his actual Sims character.... GOD, he could be mean!! :scream: That hotheaded trait, man... also, I may have conditioned him to be just this super big meanie in my game. :joy: But as a character, it'd have to be the way he tries to justifies the bad things he's doing, even when the fact that he feels the need to justify them shows that he does know that he's doing wrong things. He could've used a mental instability excuse for some of his actions, but he shows very clearly in several chapters that he actually knows he's not doing good things.... and instead of facing this, and trying to be better, he'll just try to excuse himself and justify why he's doing them, which is honestly very... shabby of him.

No worries on the reading part... you just read whenever you have the time! :blush: You should never feel forced to read, and I already found these questions so, so useful and interesting!! It really helped me think about his character more, which is always a good thing for writers to do haha.

I have one question for all of you:

What do you guys think about Remi? In the whole hero/anti-hero/anti-villain/villain or the lawful/chaotic good/evil/neutral (depending on which of the two you guys prefer), where would you place Remi and why?

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Cheers @Firande. o:)
    I agree Remi can be impressionable and endearing.
    I would personally place him on a villain and chaotic side of things (per the binaries you’ve suggested). It’s not so much that he made a choice one day “I’ll start being bad/a killer/deviant” because it’s cool or I really want to; but he has made choices.
    Rather his circumstances and subsequent flow of choices have made him the misfit that he is.

You’ve pointed out that somewhere inside he knows he’s doing wrong {that vibe comes through the story quite nicely by the way} and that makes puts him in the villain camp in my book. -shrug-
    Especially when he keeps making choices not to change -like in chapter seven.
    Post edited by NRowe on
  • Options
    What do you guys think about Remi? In the whole hero/anti-hero/anti-villain/villain or the lawful/chaotic good/evil/neutral (depending on which of the two you guys prefer), where would you place Remi and why?
    I actually find Remi a sympathetic character. He has his flaws but the way you have written him makes us understand where he's coming from and actually get to like him. In terms of hero/anti hero/anti-villain/villain I'd say he's an anti-hero because he is likeable but lacks heroic values.
  • Options
    @Firande
    How do you plan out your chapters?
    What chapter is your favourite so far?

I'm sorry, I'm terrible with questions.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm posting this weekend's chapter early today because I'm going out to dinner tonight.

Chapter sixty two: A New Addition
    chapter-sixty-two-a-new-addition_orig.png
  • Options
    Liking the pic @simscognito. Looking forward to reading that one. <3
  • Options
    Aw Thanks @NRowe . I made that pose myself. <3

@Firande I checked out your Tumblr blog and found you reblogged some LOTR quotes and memes. You a fan? :smiley: (One of my special interests so maybe jumping up and down rn XD)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @NRowe Yeah, you're very right about that... I'd place him on evil too, just for the things he's don alone he already evil hahahaha. I'm not sure I'd see him as a villain, though... he's far too incompetent to ever be one hehe. Also, despite the things he's done that would place him on the chaotic evil scheme of things, I don't think he's evil at heart... as an actual villain, I do think he'd end up defeating himself before he could really do any REAL big damage.... I say as he's already killed multiple Sims LOL. He's.... complex I guess. :joy: Thanks for answering!!

@simscognito I'm SO glad you think he's sympathetic!! And that you'd see him as an anti-hero. :blush: Thanks so much for answering!

I had a couple of chapters already written out from when I first played it, but those are mostly the first 5 chapters. For the others, I do often still have some small things that I wrote down back then, that I read back - I then look at my screenshots and start adding to what I've already written. If I haven't written anything yet, I'll just look at my screenshots and add text to every of them, later turning it into more of a coherent whole.
    I'll always plan out storylines in advance (my brain just can't help come up with all kinds of things automatically haha), but I always first play things because often, as I play the game will throw something else completely at me, and I adjust my storylines based on what happened in-game, then write the story off the screenshots... so I'd say it's about 50% me thinking it up, and 50% me just going with whatever the game throws at me LMAO.

Oof.... that's such a hard one. :scream: I think 4 (Let Me Be Your Olive, Grim) and 8 (Because I Could Not Stop for Death) are the most meaningful ones to me right now... they're both kind of the darkest too, so that may be correlated haha... but I just really think those are... well, the most meaningful. But since I already have everything played out and also have some stuff already written out even, I can already tell you guys that my favorite ones are still coming. The next chapter I'm posting, is one I like a lot too. :blush:

OMG you made that pose yourself???? That's so impressive, oh my! Kudos to you... that's awesome! <3

Oh, man.... I am possibly one of the biggest LOTR fans you'll ever meet LOL. It has some emotional value to me as well, because the first time I watched it was at like 8 years old with my dad & sister... and I don't get to see my dad a lot anymore for reasons, so LOTR reminds me of good times... but it's also just so AWESOME and undeniably insanely good and beautiful and I just love it so much haha. I have all the extended DVDs, am admittedly still reading the novels... but yes, I love LOTR. Watched each movie at least 68579675 times. Whenever me and sis watch it together, we literally know all the lines by heart and keep speaking with the actors. :joy: We told each other that our ultimate goal & trip together and something that we're 100% going to do, is to go to New Zealand together. It's like our ultimate trip and it's impossibly expensive from where I live but we're definitely doing that LOL... and while there, we gon' get a LOTR-themed matching tattoo LMAO.... :sweat_smile: It's definitely the highest up on my bucketlist right now.

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    @Firande I started reading your story. Remi is an interesting character, not your typical lead, that's for sure, but that's what makes him memorable. For some reason, I couldn't comment on the blog (it says I'm not logged in, but I am). I'll answer your questions here this weekend.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Firande wrote: »
    @NRowe Yeah, you're very right about that... I'd place him on evil too, just for the things he's don alone he already evil hahahaha. I'm not sure I'd see him as a villain, though... he's far too incompetent to ever be one hehe. Also, despite the things he's done that would place him on the chaotic evil scheme of things, I don't think he's evil at heart... as an actual villain, I do think he'd end up defeating himself before he could really do any REAL big damage.... I say as he's already killed multiple Sims LOL. He's.... complex I guess. :joy: Thanks for answering!!

@simscognito I'm SO glad you think he's sympathetic!! And that you'd see him as an anti-hero. :blush: Thanks so much for answering!

I had a couple of chapters already written out from when I first played it, but those are mostly the first 5 chapters. For the others, I do often still have some small things that I wrote down back then, that I read back - I then look at my screenshots and start adding to what I've already written. If I haven't written anything yet, I'll just look at my screenshots and add text to every of them, later turning it into more of a coherent whole.
    I'll always plan out storylines in advance (my brain just can't help come up with all kinds of things automatically haha), but I always first play things because often, as I play the game will throw something else completely at me, and I adjust my storylines based on what happened in-game, then write the story off the screenshots... so I'd say it's about 50% me thinking it up, and 50% me just going with whatever the game throws at me LMAO.

Oof.... that's such a hard one. :scream: I think 4 (Let Me Be Your Olive, Grim) and 8 (Because I Could Not Stop for Death) are the most meaningful ones to me right now... they're both kind of the darkest too, so that may be correlated haha... but I just really think those are... well, the most meaningful. But since I already have everything played out and also have some stuff already written out even, I can already tell you guys that my favorite ones are still coming. The next chapter I'm posting, is one I like a lot too. :blush:

OMG you made that pose yourself???? That's so impressive, oh my! Kudos to you... that's awesome! <3

Oh, man.... I am possibly one of the biggest LOTR fans you'll ever meet LOL. It has some emotional value to me as well, because the first time I watched it was at like 8 years old with my dad & sister... and I don't get to see my dad a lot anymore for reasons, so LOTR reminds me of good times... but it's also just so AWESOME and undeniably insanely good and beautiful and I just love it so much haha. I have all the extended DVDs, am admittedly still reading the novels... but yes, I love LOTR. Watched each movie at least 68579675 times. Whenever me and sis watch it together, we literally know all the lines by heart and keep speaking with the actors. :joy: We told each other that our ultimate goal & trip together and something that we're 100% going to do, is to go to New Zealand together. It's like our ultimate trip and it's impossibly expensive from where I live but we're definitely doing that LOL... and while there, we gon' get a LOTR-themed matching tattoo LMAO.... :sweat_smile: It's definitely the highest up on my bucketlist right now.
    @Firande
    Yayy another fan! :smiley: We own all of the extended editions too and Mann have you watched the making of the movies? They're sooo funny! The dynamic between the cast for those movies is great. Love Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan. I love the books too. One of my favourite scenes is the courting of Eowyn and Faramir. Eowyn is like 'no no no. I won't marry you' then Faramir brings up his wealth and status and she's like 'alright then'. I don't know why it tickles me so much but it does. :joy:.
    I hope you can visit NZ someday. We live 3 hrs from Hobbiton. I went there on my birthday last year. I got to do some Christmas shopping there for my brother coz he's a big fan too. XD
    Man my brother has a friend who is learning Elvish. I'm so impressed!