Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight April 19th - A week in The Sims forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul, Simmers!

I tried to convince my freelancer Sim to write this week's Friday Highlight for me to increase her writing skill, but she was too busy playing Sims Forever! ;) Then again, she has no clue what she is missing and she should enjoy her gaming time now because she is going to be a single mom soon!

f61528codfw7.png
She looks like she is having fun, doesn't she? I totally stole the idea for that selfie from @Violetfey's post here - their captions are definitely funnier than mine, so make sure to check it out ;)

Going back to the topic at hand... as you are stuck with me (sorry), let me start by listing some of the Simming news you might or might not have heard about:
- On Tuesday, a new patch arrived to The Sims 4 and The Sims Mobile - if you haven't downloaded it yet, check for updates!
- Spa Day arrived to The Sims 4 on console yesterday, visit this topic out if you want to know more!
- @SimGuruFrost joined The Sims 4 team as a Community Manager! Go say sul sul to his introduction thread!

What else is going on around here, other than my rambling? I'll tell you what... some awesome discussion! Let's go over some of the great threads that made it to my list this week!:
  • Imagine this scenario: how would your life be like if you could 'motherlode' as much as you wanted? Or turn aging off? Or...? Well, that's not exactly what @Deadtech5 is asking, but I wanted to get you ready to visit their thread: 'What is one thing in The Sims that you wish was a real thing?'. I love too many of the ideas that are being shared in there!
  • Without changing forum sections, @NRowe would like to invite us to think about the situations where we can only go: 'these crazy Sims!'. :D I'm sure you can think of some, share them with everyone in 'Sims are crazy...'!
  • Next, let's talk about Tuesday's patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac! Did you like the new CAS content? @Netzspannung opened a thread to show us and discuss the new clothes in 'New CAS items in today's patch'. Check it out!
  • What's a Friday Highlight without a poll? I'm sure that's what @elanorbreton was thinking about when they opened one this week. Ok, probably not, but their question is worth your visit anyways. They are asking about our preferred method to keep track of our Sims' experiences - click and vote!: 'Sim memories/stories - Do you create them?'. :smiley:
  • Did I mention I'm looking for a new apartment? Well, this week when I came across 'Nazgune's Showcase | NoCC' thread by @Nazgune the jealousy was real - my Sims will get to live in these gorgeous houses Nazgune built! This one, for example, might be creepy and haunted, but I would happily move!
    etgbkitbms1c.png
  • When you are done downloading, let's take a look at The Sims 3 section, where @buffyballoon opened an interesting discussion today: 'Your favourite supernatural creature...'! Which is yours? ;)

That's it for this week from me, I hope you had fun discovering those discussions!

I'll join my Sim now, have a great weekend and happy Simming! <3
-Mai

Comments

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    What is the name of that sim in the first picture with the choppy bangs haircut and sunglasses that will be a single mom soon? Also you need to get your sim OFF of her computer and make her pursue a career as a critic.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,877 Member
    Made the Friday highlights (first time) !!! :)<3
    Thanks @EA_Mai

This weeks screenshots are awesome. Must get my Sims to take more selfies. (I have taken exactly one selfie in my entire life, which is probably why my Sims ‘forget’)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    That is the most incredibly beautiful house my Thanos profile picture has ever seen. It almost made him not want to snap his fingers!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• NazguneNazgune Posts: 64 Member
    I feel very honored. Thank you very much @EA_Mai
  • MrsQuantumPhysicsMrsQuantumPhysics Posts: 6 New Member
    That is one very beautiful build! Thank you for the update as well! I like these ones :)
  • Alyrosalie1Alyrosalie1 Posts: 1 New Member
    is anyone else experiencing a glitch with the freelance career?? My sim for some reason cannot join the career and if they finally do, the careers tab then stops working..
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    If you are are having a problem, have you tried to repair your game ?

I had all sorts of glitches, even after the patch.. Then I updated again on the 19th and then did a repair game..Now things seem to be fine..

Hope this helps..

Diane Pinkus
  • lynciaa_lollynciaa_lol Posts: 22 Member
    That is an amazing build!! I totally wish I had the patience and skills to create something that magnificent.
  • KastillaKastilla Posts: 2 New Member
    Sul sul~
    Nice build! ^^
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited April 2019
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    What is the name of that sim in the first picture with the choppy bangs haircut and sunglasses that will be a single mom soon? Also you need to get your sim OFF of her computer and make her pursue a career as a critic.

She is 'Electra Graves' :) She is the founder/first generation of the legacy I started a few weeks ago. I'm using her to play the freelancer writer career at the moment. Does she look like she should be a critic instead? I'll try to post her story in the challenge thread where it belongs next week - I'm having lots of fun with her!