Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone else want to see a ranch and farm expansion?

In this expansion would give players the ability to have a horse ranch and/or farm. The ranch would give your sim horse care, horse training, horse breeding, and horse riding skills. A farm would give access to the animal raising, crop raising, and ingredient gathering skills. Horses could learn show-jumping, cross-country, dressage, racing, barrel racing, and rodeo.

At least that's my idea for an expansion like this.

Would anyone else want to see a ranch and farm expansion? 78 votes

Yes
74%
Dannydanboalan650111craftaholicCorkysPetalsAnmirlaBluelleSonia016zagboorulesKirbySkywalkertonymcanallymlmeadowsdetermigJennyggbevilleGothicLolitabluelightingHarukotyanKristiLuannaliese39catitude5 58 votes
No
10%
PlayerSinger2010katka_kynclovaHalvareshtexxx78DarTeachesmunroelecitysimmerLanieBorne 8 votes
Maybe
7%
aelias24MINEZTechbiltshnailehShira3000SimsterLiv 6 votes
Don't care
7%
Bagoas77siminetteWaytoomanyUIDsLaneBoy1995DreamCytcherAriaMad2 6 votes

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    Farms are boring to me. And gardening in the game is enough farming for me.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    No
    I have better things to do than grow crops! I mean, gardening is a slog as is!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    Don't care for the horses though. TS4 will never have an open world, so horses couldn't do enough to warrant the incredible amount of time and resources it would take to implement them.

I'd rather they expanded on the farming aspects:
    A decent size world with large lots.
    More crops and a Farmers' Market to sell goods. Dairy, canning and wool spinning/products (that could also be sold at a Farmers' Market).
    "Off the grid" type play including a water well that you could fill "troughs" for the livestock.
    A County Fair would be great that could include some carnival rides. I'd love to have my Sims be able to buy new foods like cotton candy, corn dogs and funnel cakes.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes
    I didn't think I did, but then I saw horses and riding etc. and I was sold. Yes, I want this. My medieval vampire needs a mighty steed. :D
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes
    Yes! Farming + Ranch + Livestock! I want it all!

The Sims Game
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    munroele wrote: »
    I have better things to do than grow crops! I mean, gardening is a slog as is!

List of potential features for a Farming Expansion:
    • Raising farm animals (chickens, cows, sheep, etc.)
    • Nectar making
    • Horse riding + Riding skill
    • Canning fruits and vegetables
    • Eggs, milk, wool
    • Butter churn (turn milk into butter)
    • Spinning wheel (turn wool into jarn)
    • Homeschooling
    • Farmer's market (sell or shop for produce)
    • New countryside world
    • Mechanical bull rodeo
    • Sustainable living (Off The Grid Lot trait)
    • Eco-Friendly trait
    • Solar panels, windmills, water pumps, generators
    • Pests like crows or moles that damage crops
    a256aFi.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No
    I find farming and animals in the Sims very boring (if I ever end up buying Cats and Dogs it will only be for the world and the premades). If we do get a farming pack I will be happy for those that want it, but it's definitely not my cup of tea.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited April 2019
    Kinda in-between leaning towards no, but need more than just farming, horses and taking care of animals (much like pets) to be completely sold on it. Looking at some above things I wouldn't mind seeing a mechanical bull item for sure in the game to offer a bit more entertainment outside of just animals and gardening (which we already have. Would need to make more use out of the system for more editables to be used in recipes and such.) Would like to maybe see some line dancing too? Making more use of gardening with canning and the like in making your own preserves.

Though I only have like maybe two sim families that I have a farm. Dunno if I'd get constant use out of it, but I'd like to see some in-depth stuff for sure.

Guess some would like a close to living off the grid pack.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    Don't care
    I will have like 1 family farming and the pack will be useless. I'd like more a pack that I can play with all my families.
    I we could have chicken it will be fun but more like a free update, definitively not a pack.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    Of course I want it!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    My vote is yes with the things you listed but if they made a farm pack without horses or horses with no activities like cats and dogs it would be a no.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • KristiLuKristiLu Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes
    I loved the horse aspect in TS3, I think it would be a lot of fun to have it again. I do really like the other ideas you listed of a full farm and a lot of other people's ideas with craft items like woven wool, maybe cows you could sell milk or churn butter from! It would definitely be a lot but I think it would be a fun new aspect for TS4.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes
    Sure!! We’d need really big lots though for that. Also I kinda miss horses.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes
    I would love a Farming Expansion! Yeehaw!
    a256aFi.gif
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Yes
    OMG this would be my dream - EP :D
    HORSES... <3
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Don't care
    I would love a little bit of the farming elements in the game, not really a fan of horse gameplay since I'd never played TS3.
  • LipscannaLipscanna Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    The only other game I played beside The Sims was Stardew Valley so I would absolutely love a farming expansion with lots of animals and an update to the plants so they look more different and realistic (e.g. the strawberry bush doesn't look like the tomato one IRL) and are cheaper. My Sims get so rich when gardening, it's ridiculous. I would also love if we could use the new ingredients for cooking and canning.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yes
    Not something I desperately need, but I wouldn't say no to it if we got it, especially if it comes with a big new world and new features such as living off the grid. I probably wouldn't have more than one or two families that are actually farmers, but those alone could offer a welcome change in my rotational gameplay every once in a while.
  • dannijames90dannijames90 Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes
    One of my daughters is obsessed with horses and plays often,she would absolutely love this!! However my other daughter would love one with dolphins, she wants to make a ClearWater Marine Hospital and have the dolphins Hope and Winter as well as other sea animals in it. Also having an aspiration or career as an animal trainer.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Don't care
    I’m not interested in this sort of gameplay, but I can see how others would be.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    I don't see a RANCH ever coming to this version because I don't see horses ever returning.

And I only want farms if they add a lot of farm animals in addition to the cow and chickens we got in S3. I have no problem with them being "tied" to an object like a coop or barn but I do want more variety.

With the addition of a few new crops and "chores" like churning and quilting and canning, then the FARM pack should be rounded out nicely.
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Yes
    i love the idea of a farm expansion
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Yes
    Bonus points if it involves nectar making. It could also add more collectibles (mostly plants) and thus more cooking recipes. Also, some fancy farm-style outfits. I don't see horses being a thing in TS4 due to the limited space (no open world) but I think it could still work well.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.