Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Cowboy and the Mermaid

Comments

• TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    Hey there! I'm taking a break from the big thread for a couple of days or so. Anyway, here's a little feedback on your last update, hope you enjoy :)

Wouldn't it be so hard to abstain from all hanky panky when such a loving and gorgeous guy is asleep next to you in your bed! Good thing the wedding's only in two days! :tongue:
    Grilled fish with anchovies and kelp... a combination only a mermaid could love!
    bekkasan wrote: »
    "I love how you do so many things that show you love me, even when you are not saying the words. I always feel that love even when you are not here with me."
    And that's the best kind of love if you ask me <3 words are nice, but without action they don't mean a thing!
    "The last couple of days were pretty scary, but we made it through together. Together, we can do anything. I believe in us."
    47514986502_43278fd6ff_b.jpg
    Not joking, I got this stupid smile on my face as soon as I read this line :tongue: It's also wonderful to know that Dwight's words aren't just empty. They've already proven that they'll always be there for each other even when things get scary! And speaking of scary... is this another job for Rafe Sinclair, mummy-hunter extraordinaire (hey, it even rhymes!), or is he too busy with his lovely wife and twins? :tongue:
    46844123494_43e1ae2b6f_b.jpg
    Just look at the way Dwight gazes at Lorelei! No words needed here :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @TinySpaceFox Thanks so much for commenting! I always love your comments! I do agree that it is hard on them so they are getting married fast. That is they way my hubby loved me, not so much with words but I always felt the love because of the actions.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Wouldn't it be so hard to abstain from all hanky panky when such a loving and gorgeous guy is asleep next to you in your bed! Good thing the wedding's only in two days! :tongue:

I'm glad you all think Dwight is such a handsome guy, because Lorelei is absolutely beautiful, so they're a match. :D:D

My wife and I do nothing but sleep next to each other, but we've been married for 14 years so that's normal, LOL LOL LOL
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures

Morning dawns, the skies colored a glorious pink blush that stretches as far as the eye can see. The once hidden ruin is aglow in the sunrise.
    47607238541_776909b8c7_b.jpg
    46691422825_9f280344c1_b.jpg

Lorelei and Dwight sleep cuddled together and slowly awaken as the sun streaks into the windows of the bedroom. Lorelei is up first and goes out to the back porch to watch the sunrise. Dwight joins her kissing her good morning and they cuddle on the porch swing as the sun rises in the sky. They are happy to be together, safe and sound at home.
    46691423515_c6bfae9111_b.jpg
    47607238741_4d3a5026ef_b.jpg
    47607238281_e7185f219b_b.jpg
    46691422355_19e0ca0e72_b.jpg

While they eat leftover pancakes, they talk about the wedding. Lorelei wonders how she will get a cake ordered in time. Dwight hopes it will be a nice sunny day.
    32667235277_97985a5d0c_b.jpg
    32667235217_d781e2f3c4_b.jpg

Dwight offers to take care of arranging the wedding venue. Lorelei agrees to him making the arrangements so she can concentrate on finding the right dress.
    46885426004_36d5b21e64_b.jpg
    32667235097_3dcd252035_b.jpg

Lorelei decides to hydrate her scales in the pool rather than go out into the ocean today. Dwight knows he will never get tired of watching her swim. He calls the ranch in Appaloosa Plains and talks to his friends telling them about the wedding. He wishes they could come, but, it is too far away for them to arrive in time.
    46885425844_41dfcb2c45_b.jpg

Dwight sends Rafe copies of all the pictures they took in the tomb as well as a detailed email of their adventure in the tomb. He hopes that either Rafe or someone in his organization can come help make the tomb a safer place so no one else gets lost or hurt.
    46885425714_de52027c3b_b.jpg

Lorelei rides to Pearls house. She tells Pearl the wedding is tomorrow and she wants a new dress. Pearl is happy for her friend and they plan the shopping trip. Pearl recommends the boutique at the spa and once they find the perfect dress, they can get the works, facials, mani and pedi's and a massage. They take Pearl's car which she recently purchased.
    46885425594_0b5acf8158_b.jpg
    46885425464_2ea8c86d56_b.jpg
    47609746241_ccd0d9a8ed_b.jpg

Dwight makes a phone call to the guy who has helped him since he came to Sunlit Tides. He explains about the wedding, what he would like done, and when it has to be done by. "No problem dude, no problem at all," says his friend. They discuss where he wants everything set up and the price. Dwight, happy with the arrangements does his stretches and exercises which he had slacked up on the last few days, but figured he made up for it by all the swimming and getting beat up by a mummy. He finishes and collects some of the rocks and gems they found and takes them down to the consignment store. He has been using the smelter on the property to smelt his own ores and selling them at a better profit.
    47625808271_9acbbeeb96_b.jpg
    47625808801_05eccb1a11_b.jpg

He arrives back at the house at the same time that Lorelei rides in. She is glowing and he can tell she is more relaxed. "I can tell you had a great time. Did you find a dress?
    "Yes, it is perfect and you cannot peek at it. It will be delivered first thing in the morning."
    47632768661_4267ef6156_b.jpg

They are so busy flirting with each other and talking about what else needs to be done that neither one notice the sudden appearance of two strangers in the yard.
    47580001642_857cefc53d_b.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    edited April 2019
    @bekkasan : Oh, Rafe´s there and with Autumn together! Yey!! (I have a special crush on him, he he! :D )
    Such a nice surprise!
    @AlexaKry I've missed those two! I figured it would be fun to bring them in for a chapter or two. :smiley: Thanks for reading and commenting!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Looking forward to seeing the wedding dress :smile: I wonder who the two strangers are?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for commenting. She has a pretty dress! @Alexkry knows who they are. :wink:
    @bekkasan Are they from an earlier part of the story or a previous story as I recognise the names?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 They are from my Midnight Hollow story, part of the Ballan family.
    @bekkasan Yes I think that was the story you shared last year?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@king_of_simcity7 I started the Midnight Hollow Ballan Family in April of 2017 so it is 2 years old now. Gosh, time does fly! It was only supposed to be a temporary story to try the lighting mod in Midnight Hollow....lol, I fell in love with that family.
    here is the link to the thread in creative corner that I finally started to keep it all together. All the sub family members stories are in the same thread including Rafe and Autumn's stories.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Oooh, stranger danger!!!
    Um, maybe I've been spending too much time with a 5-year old. :wink:

The dark haired stranger clears his throat and that breaks up the flirt fest going on between the young couple.
    "I'm Rafe Sinclair and this is my wife Autumn. Are you by any chance Dwight and Lorelei?"
    Lorelei is bouncing with excitement as she recognizes Rafe's name and face from the back cover of his book. They introduce themselves and Rafe explains after getting Dwight's email this morning they made arrangements for their children and came right away. Rafe is intrigued with the potential historical knowledge that can be gained from the books and relics in the tomb. He also wants to ensure that the tomb is safe for any wandering citizens that might get into it because of curiosity.
    47625808701_1175896407_b.jpg

Lorelei invites them inside and they sit down and get to know one another. Rafe asks for a few clarifying details of their time in the tomb. He tells them they were very lucky to survive. They both agree. Rafe wants to know would they do it again. Dwight reaches out and holds Lorelei's hand, they look at each other and laugh, both exclaiming "In a heartbeat!" Rafe and Autumn smile at each other knowing that exhilarating feeling that comes with adventuring with someone you love.
    "I think we need to learn a bit more to be safe though. That mummy was terrifying."
    "I will give you some tips and suggestions over dinner. Where is a good place to eat? Traveling always gives me an appetite!" Rafe grins at them.
    Dwight and Lorelei favor the diner as the better place to eat even though the bistro is more exclusive. Rafe and Autumn are charmed by the diner and enjoy the food and the company. They learn about the wedding plans for the next day and invite themselves to the ceremony.
    47625808581_ff06868ccf_b.jpg
    47573055322_49116d6ba7_b.jpg

After dinner they travel to the island. Dwight and Lorelei uncover the well in case Rafe and Autumn need to enter that way. They plan to explore the island first to see if they can find another entrance. Dwight offers his home for them to stay in since he will be at Lorelei's.
    46737674825_588ce6e779_b.jpg

Lorelei and Dwight swim back home and talk about the amazing surprise of having Rafe and Autumn come by. Dwight gapes in amazement. "They are the nicest people. I would never have imagined vampires like that because of all the stories written about vampires."
    Lorelei nods in agreement. "I am so happy they are going to make that island safe and help us understand the history of the people. I'm really happy they will be at the wedding!"
    40686815973_31ebde3924_b.jpg

Rafe and Autumn walk around the entire rocky enclosure. "This looks like it could have been part of the opening that collapsed over time." Rafe moves the rock easily with his vampire strength and reveals an opening small enough for them to crawl through.
    40686815833_66b0b0bc10_b.jpg
    40686815773_87a56b270c_b.jpg

Rafe looks at the dive well and the stair leading down. "This must be where they originally entered the tomb. They were so close to an exit if it had just not been blocked."
    46737674555_59a32bcb68_b.jpg

Rafe and Autumn's first priority is to make things safe and they disarm the traps on both levels.
    40686815633_4c15fbf2fc_b.jpg
    40686815593_c6b26a8f49_b.jpg
    40686816403_b0647be437_b.jpg

Autumn takes pictures and starts cataloging the books and scrolls and relics they find. Rafe is studying the Egyptian reliefs and hieroglyphics on the columned torch and other relics and hopes to eventually solve the mystery of how the ancient Egyptians and the islanders are related.
    47654970801_5cbbd96896_b.jpg
    46931094544_fea8eedb23_b.jpg

The statue with offerings of gold and food is definitely not of Egyptian origin. Rafe is puzzled and intrigued by this mystery. "I think we should go through the books carefully and take them back for study. We can return them later after we have made copies and seen to their preservation. If we can figure out this mystery, Lorelei's discovery will have a place in the history books. I know Lorelei does not like technology but she has no objection to Dwight using it so we can teach him via the internet the language and history as we learn it and he can teach her with print outs.
    40688467053_1965771b3b_b.jpg

Rafe must still make the tomb safe from the hostile mummies and he senses several of them in the tomb. He triggers the first mummy and very quickly defeats him. The next mummy is very aggressive but once again he emerges victorious. The final mummy is very tricky, but Rafe is faster and very soon has him dissolved to dust as he contemplates buying flowers for Autumn. He searches carefully but does not sense any further hostile presence in the tomb.
    40688467543_5dea6af9ec_b.jpg
    40688467413_4a2dd1c936_b.jpg
    40688467333_1b38647293_b.jpg
    46931094874_ccc57efcc8_b.jpg

He finds Autumn taking pictures and feeling vigorous and victorious he hurries to her enclosing her in his arms. They enjoy the use of the nearby bed and do not worry about critters that might be sharing it. They take a short nap after.
    40686816353_559094bbc9_b.jpg
    46737674955_35b76db449_b.jpg

Morning arrives and it is Dwight and Lorelei's wedding day. They enjoy some romantic kisses before breakfast and while Lorelei cleans up after breakfast Dwight sits down to watch TV. Lorelei sits next to him and starts fussing about the TV and how bad it is. Dwight tells her he is watching the cooking channel to learn how to cook more interesting meals and improve the taste. Lorelei watches for a few minutes and then goes upstairs to get ready for the wedding. "No peeking!" she tells him. (I'm not sure if Lorelei was convinced that the TV could be a learning tool, but I absolutely loved the face she made!)
    47602234772_bfcdb80733_b.jpg
    47654970411_5601da0e8d_b.jpg
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Oooh, stranger danger!!!

lol, well, not that bad! :grin:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I'd just like to take this moment to say "I was right" when guessing what the other surprise was in this story @bekkasan :blush:

Tee hee! :mrgreen:

I got all kinds of excited seeing Rafe and Autumn show up. :smiley: Rafe is so.... :love:

Darn right he defeated those mummies! :star: Glad the tomb is safe now and I wonder what they will discover about the fruit offering statue. :)

Dwight's gorgeous green eyes in that last picture. :love: (Is he listening to a Tabcast AND watching TV? :p ) I chuckled at Lorelei's face expression too. :lol:

These chapters have been a joy to read and very well written! :star: I'm still very anxiously waiting to read all about the wedding! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill Thanks so much for the comments. :) I'm glad you've enjoyed these last couple of chapters. Yes, the surprise is Rafe and Autumn came. The story called for them! Ya know what I mean? They will be a part of the next few chapters and then go back to adventuring in Buccaneer Bay and the rest of the simworld.
    Dwight is listening to a tabcast AND watching TV AND he was talking to Lorelei as well and she was ranting about that TV. Wish I'd got the picture of that, but was checking on Rafe and Autumn and zoomed back when I heard her fussing. They can do more than one thing at a time unlike some folks who think they cannot! :lol: Yes, I'm being snarky this morning.
    Wedding....oh....I was waiting for your upcoming wedding before doing mine. :lol: Naw....wedding should be next chapter and I do have work this week, but so far not scheduled very heavily so y'all might not have to wait for the weekend.

https://youtu.be/6Aphse-gKQ8
    I hope you enjoy the music that goes with the wedding. I don't usually do this, but, it seemed perfect for these two. Play the song as you look at the pictures and read the story. I mostly let the pictures tell the story of the wedding rather than caption them. The song is From This Moment On, a duet performed by Shania Twain and Bryan White. She wrote the song as a memorial to her parents love for each other. I love the song and thought it would be perfect for these two.

Dwight and Lorelei have gone their separate ways each to get ready for the wedding. Dwight cleans up, changes and goes outside to where his friend set up the wedding arch between their two homes. He heartily approves of what his friend arranged. It looks exactly as he imagined it. He hopes he found a really good cake too. Rafe comes out to keep him company as they wait for the first guests to arrive.
    32724576777_929e12276d_b.jpg
    46943164594_459165e699_b.jpg

A few of the guests are arriving. Dwight is greeting Jaila Fernandes, wife of the merman Jarrett. (I decided he needed a wife so voila, here she is!)
    46943164374_d8ec029ab7_b.jpg

Lorelei walks to the arch where Dwight is waiting for her. She is thinking how lucky she is to have found Dwight. She loves him more than she thought imaginable. She knows in her heart how wonderful their life together will be and is happy to have found her one true love. Her only sadness is that her parents are not here with her. She knows they are watching over her though. They would love Dwight as her mate since he has truly made her happy. Dwight has made her life complete and she is no longer lonely with him in her life. She wonders if he knows how fertile merpeople are? She knows he will make an awesome Dad.
    46943164214_47e132e775_b.jpg

Dwight looks at Lorelei as she walks towards him. He smiles and whispers "You are so beautiful" to her. He cannot imagine his life without her in it now that he has found his one true love. He never expected to be content with life, let alone happy after the accident. He found a new joy in life when his depression lifted. Falling in love with Lorelei just added to the joy. He knows that with her beside him they can face anything that life throws at them. She is his light for the future, his heart and soul and he is excited about their future together. He thanks God above for the blessing of Lorelei.
    46943163534_1b45112e62_b.jpg

From this moment on......
    46943163654_3affe764ce_b.jpg
    40700799263_d604ca58b4_b.jpg
    46943163344_5d4622e356_b.jpg
    46943163204_2cce17d1e1_b.jpg
    40700798793_3fd9810aaa_b.jpg
    46943163154_36b7ee57e2_b.jpg
    40700798293_552657bc42_b.jpg
    40700797903_151805e765_b.jpg
    46943162684_4b1455e440_b.jpg

Their friends throw the traditional rice for fertility and keeping evil spirits away. Dwight and Lorelei are husband and wife. May they live happily ever after from this moment on......I present to you Dwight and Lorelei Whitley. May their lives be full of love, laughter, the occasional tear and lots of babies.
    46943162404_f68c64a46d_b.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @bekkasan Umm...That song is one of the most romantic country songs EVER! I remember when it came out as a teen. :blush: I would listen to it and just wished and wished I'd find love like that! <3 PERFECT song for Dwight and Lorelei! :star:

I LOVE that arch, the gorgeous lighting from the sunset, the decorations around it and...the beautiful and handsome bride and groom. :blush: Lorelei's dress is simple, yet stunning and fits her perfectly. <3

Yay for Dwight wearing his cowboy hat! :mrgreen: Rawr!

My favorite picture here:

40700798293_552657bc42_b.jpg

Look at how happy Rafe is in the background! It's almost like he's holding back the tears. Aww!
    It looks like Autumn is feeling the same. :blush:

Merpeople are very fertile huh? So I guess we can expect multiple births when they start making babies? :smirk:

Marriage and raising children can be a challenge, but when the right two people fall in love, and vow to spend the rest of their lives together, there's NOTHING they can't handle! (Through teamwork, communication, and above all...selflessness). <3 Dwight and Lorelei have that.

<3<3 Eternal blessings to the happy couple! <3<3

Beautifully set up and written chapter S. :kissing_heart:
    I wanna see more of their story after this too. :blush: There will be more right? ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill Thanks for the sweet comments. That is one of my favorite romantic songs of all time.
    Dwight had to wear his hat for the wedding!
    Rafe might be a mighty and brave adventurer, but he is a romantic at heart. He loves a good love story, shh...don't tell anyone. :grin:
    They are such a fun couple to play and yes, I will continue to play and write their story. I hope they have lots of babies!
    I guess some of the babies will be merbabies and some human?
    I made that big house for them so they will have to sell these little houses and move to the big one after the honeymoon.
    edited April 2019
    Nevermind, that was a gif that I completely messed up due to the lateness of the hour and my extreme tiredness.

That was beautiful, the music made it extra special. CRYING.
    @ZeeGee I got teary writing it. I get way too attached to my sims! Thank you so much for commenting!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ok somebody pass the tissues, because there's some dust in the air or something. :'(:'(:'(

So sweet and awesome, Bekkasan!!

I see you went with the sparkling vampire potion, too. :D:D (I used it for my vampire wedding in the wedding posts)

Now I'm thinking about merpeople woohoo again. *giggles*

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures