Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... Where's this Emergency Patch?

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
I thought the patches dropped at 1pm EST.

tenor.gif

ETA: Patch is now out!
Post edited by Chazzzy on

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    isn't it the holiday in us?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    isn't it the holiday in us?

It's Good Friday. Some states close government offices, but banks and schools are open everywhere. So most don't consider it a "real" holiday.

Graham said on Twitter they planned to release a new patch today to address the blank text issues for mods. But, no sign of the patch yet so idk what's going on. Maybe they pushed it back?

• Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    edited April 2019
    It's Good Friday here in the states, not a federal holiday.
    We normally have federal holidays on Mondays.
    Good Friday is not recognized as a government holiday.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I still haven't updated my game yet. Been playing offline, to afraid that things will get messed up.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I still haven't updated my game yet. Been playing offline, to afraid that things will get messed up.

You know what, I may start doing that. I was going to pass on this one but I wanted to see what all the Freelancer hype was about.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hotfix patches typically do not release at 10am PT like regular patches do. They've released patches as late as 7pm PT in the past.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Ooh is an emergency patch coming? I hope it fixes the issues with sims going to random lots when being invited out.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Ooh is an emergency patch coming? I hope it fixes the issues with sims going to random lots when being invited out.

We can only hope because that in particular is one of things the Tuesday patch was supposed to fix.
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Hotfix patches typically do not release at 10am PT like regular patches do. They've released patches as late as 7pm PT in the past.

Didn’t know that! So I guess there’s still a chance.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    There's still a good while till end of the day in California. Plus the chance that the patch won't actually end up ready today, as @SimGuruGraham said.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

Same. I haven't had the time to play anywa but I haven't even updated. Since I started playing with mods, I wanna wait til everything is updated. And generally see what the feedback to updates is.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Origin hadn't detected the update yet but manually updating the game found it. Downloading now.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I just updated my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Just updated
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My game is still dodgier than before the latest patch. I've had to go into manage worlds then back again because my current household freezes a few times.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    My game is still dodgier than before the latest patch. I've had to go into manage worlds then back again because my current household freezes a few times.

Funny, the patch fixed my issues with similar problems: Between the last update and the patch this patch was patching, the game froze my entire computer if I tried to Alt-Tab out of it and then back in, and it froze when quitting (it finished saving, phew, but then froze instead of quitting). Those two issues disappeared with the patch.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I’m having a problem now where one particular Sim won’t stay asleep in bed, he wakes up like 20 minutes later.

ETA: Going into Change Sim and then back out again solved it for some reason.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Likewise, for some reason now my sims stand still staring into space for 5 seconds before doing a queued action and when I reset them it seems to cause the game to freeze, and it is infuriatinggggg.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€