Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 23. I think I was about 11 when I started playing The Sims. I had to play it for a while because my old computer simple couldn't run Sims 2. I loved it though and I learned quite a bit of English while playing it... Then I got throught TS2 and TS3 to Sims 4 which I love dearly. I swear one day I'm gonna get a gaming computer and install all of the games back :D
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'm 42 now. I have no idea how old I was when I first started playing sims games but I have played them all since the Sims 1. Sims is the only game series that I have played for such a long time on and off.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    51 now, will be 52 in September. Play the game every single day since the first The Sims came out. Even when my son was a baby I found time to play whilst he napped. He's 20 now, soon to be 21, and he plays.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • VoraginousVoraginous Posts: 69 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 24 this year, and have been playing the sims since 2000. I think the Sims was what introduced me to gaming, which is such a big part of my life now. With Origin, I was able to download the old sims 2 and 3, and I really wish we can have the original Sims 1 and all of its expansions available on origin too one day. Anyway I'm so happy to see such a wide range of players, and that there are so many fans who have started playing since the first Sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    60+
    51 now, will be 52 in September. Play the game every single day since the first The Sims came out. Even when my son was a baby I found time to play whilst he napped. He's 20 now, soon to be 21, and he plays.

You've got me beat. I've never been a huge gamer until I got introduced to Sims2 in 2005. My grown daughter is the culprit. LOL I just turned 64 and don't plan on stopping any time soon. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    60+
    Won't say I'm old, but I remember Harry Truman. Was just a little nipper at the time, but still I remember Harry. Been simming since it first came out, day one probably, and doing it since, TS2 being favorite version by far.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Late 30s. I've been playing since my late 20s :) Love this game. My brother is actually the one who told me about this game, he's a doctor and doesn't play Sims, but he likes other games. He knew I loved simulation games like Roller Coaster Tycoon. He didn't know what he started. He made a new monster once he told me about Sims. :D
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    60+
    I'm a senior in my sixties. I started with TS1. Bought packs for TS2 but didn't really play because I was working. Totally missed out on TS3. And have been playing TS4 for about 3 1/2 years. Now that I'm retired I have more time and money to play.
  • LegendarySilkeLegendarySilke Posts: 9 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Still in my mid-20s! And I've been playing Sims since 2001. Or 2002. I think?
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    60+
    I began playing The Sims after a car wreck ended my career in law enforcement. I was laid up for months then had another long year of intense physical therapy after that. I looked forward to that private time when I was depressed, angry, and wondering what I was going to do with my life after I recovered. I was a single mom with five kids who would soon be off to college. I needed to rebuild my life because I would have an empty nest in a few years. Because of The Sims, I went back to college, graduated with a Computer Science degree and started a computer repair and sales business in my home. A year later, I had my own storefront and one employee. A year after that I hired a second employee. It's funny how life goes. One day you're wondering if you'll survive having your plans for the future destroyed, then opportunity comes along in the form of a little game most people I knew had never heard of. The Sims sparked an interest in knowing more about computers so I took that interest and created a new life for myself. I play many games but The Sims will always be my favorite. Now, two of my granddaughters play as well. I have gifted this game to other people over the years. Some of them were going through a difficult time, some of them were simply bored with Life, some of them were housebound because of various conditions. Many of them still play this game. And who would have guessed this game could impact my life as much as it has?
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I just turned 21 a little over a week ago. :) I’ve been playing The Sims since I was at least five (GameCube version; the first PC version I played was TS3). But I always loved watching my oldest sister play TS1.
    60+
    I just turned 21 a little over a week ago. :) I’ve been playing The Sims since I was at least five (GameCube version; the first PC version I played was TS3). But I always loved watching my oldest sister play TS1.

Hey, happy birthday. I remember when I turned 21. Had to walk for about 30 minutes to get to the gasoline/grocers/mailbox (so tiny it was cute). I was all set to buy my very first bottle of wine, hoping that the clerk would ask for I.D. He didn't to my chagrin. We lived on Stretch Island without a phone, so nobody could reach me on this milestone birthday. At least my hubby greeted me when he got home from the base.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    edited April 2019
    60+
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I began playing The Sims after a car wreck ended my career in law enforcement. I was laid up for months then had another long year of intense physical therapy after that. I looked forward to that private time when I was depressed, angry, and wondering what I was going to do with my life after I recovered. I was a single mom with five kids who would soon be off to college. I needed to rebuild my life because I would have an empty nest in a few years. Because of The Sims, I went back to college, graduated with a Computer Science degree and started a computer repair and sales business in my home. A year later, I had my own storefront and one employee. A year after that I hired a second employee. It's funny how life goes. One day you're wondering if you'll survive having your plans for the future destroyed, then opportunity comes along in the form of a little game most people I knew had never heard of. The Sims sparked an interest in knowing more about computers so I took that interest and created a new life for myself. I play many games but The Sims will always be my favorite. Now, two of my granddaughters play as well. I have gifted this game to other people over the years. Some of them were going through a difficult time, some of them were simply bored with Life, some of them were housebound because of various conditions. Many of them still play this game. And who would have guessed this game could impact my life as much as it has?

Glad to learn you not only survived but have moved forward with your life. Sims2 got me through a horrible time in my life. Starting with my father, I lost someone in my circle for a stretch of about 2 and 1/2 years. I believe it was 15-16 people in all. I buried myself in my game. However, when one of my Sims died of old age, (and that's when I learned you weren't allowed to plead with Grimmie) I restarted the family. It was just too painful. All of his children and his widow cried and cried and cried, and so did I.
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I just turned 41 on Monday. ( still feels like I'm 21 ;) ) I have been playing since the first Sims games came out and I have played every version since. Now all 3 of my daughters play. I honestly don't see myself ever not playing. As long as EA keeps making them, I will keep playing them.
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Started playing sims 3 at 10 when it became a popular fad at my school - safe to say when my school friends stopped playing, I was still addicted! Stopped playing until very recently when I invested in sims 4 on console with my sister and got addicted again, then ended up buying the pc version, then pack after pack after pack...

I'm 19 now, in university, and sims is really taking a hit on the student loan! Oh well!
    60+
    Kim5496 wrote: »
    I just turned 41 on Monday. ( still feels like I'm 21 ;) ) I have been playing since the first Sims games came out and I have played every version since. Now all 3 of my daughters play. I honestly don't see myself ever not playing. As long as EA keeps making them, I will keep playing them.

Happy Birthday!
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Simming (playing and building) has been one of my go to hobbies since TS1 came out. I honestly don't remember how old I was, lol. Guess I could do the math if I wanted to but I think I'll pass. So I've played them all and at this point I'm pretty sure I'll be simming until I physically can't any more.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    40-59 Years of Age

That's amazing! You have so much to be proud of.

For me the beauty of the sims is that it can be so many different things. I've always found it to be very therapeutic. It has actually helped me at times to process and simplify real life issues and take things one step at a time. It's interesting to me to see how my build and play style changes over the years and through different aspects of my life. I have my complaints about every iteration but over all I think there's so few things out there that have as much fluidity and variety to provide a lifetime of enjoyment etc.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • EvsSimsEvsSims Posts: 39 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    35, I'll be 36 in 2 weeks! Whenever I mention to my colleagues that I play Sims, they'll say "yeah, my kid plays that too..." :|
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    57 been playing since sims online and sims 1
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    60+
    The different age groups represnted in this thread amazes me. Happy Birthday to all of you having birthdays. I celebrated one in March also. To those of you who have suffered great loss in your lives, my heart goes out to you. Life is difficult, confusing, irritating, and sometimes heartbreaking; yet it is also filled with joy and wonder, and rather than allow it to overwhelm us, we find ways to embrace and accept the fact that it was never promised to us that it would be easy. I am proud of the fact we have such an amazing community of Simmers that has grown beyond my wildest dreams. A worldwide network of people coming together because of their love, and addiction, to the game. LOL But I believe part of the game's appeal also comes from having this community of Simmers. Because we care about each other. We offer support when others need help with solving a problem in the game. We lend an ear when someone is having a difficult time in their lives. We are often there when that person feels alone. You're all special and awesome people. I hope for all the best the future has to offer for each and every one of you. <3
    60+
    The different age groups represnted in this thread amazes me. Happy Birthday to all of you having birthdays. I celebrated one in March also. To those of you who have suffered great loss in your lives, my heart goes out to you. Life is difficult, confusing, irritating, and sometimes heartbreaking; yet it is also filled with joy and wonder, and rather than allow it to overwhelm us, we find ways to embrace and accept the fact that it was never promised to us that it would be easy. I am proud of the fact we have such an amazing community of Simmers that has grown beyond my wildest dreams. A worldwide network of people coming together because of their love, and addiction, to the game. LOL But I believe part of the game's appeal also comes from having this community of Simmers. Because we care about each other. We offer support when others need help with solving a problem in the game. We lend an ear when someone is having a difficult time in their lives. We are often there when that person feels alone. You're all special and awesome people. I hope for all the best the future has to offer for each and every one of you. <3

Happy belated birthday to you, too! :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I once made a thread like this and it got bashed that it was inappropriate and then locked down. I am surprised to see this going this far.. People still tell their age.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'll be 35 in a few months. I didn't start playing Sims until my late 20s. I was always interested in the Sims but when TS1 came out my family didn't have a computer, and then I kind of forgot about it. So my earliest game was TS3, and that was about a year or two before Supernatural came out. I have been addicted ever since.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited April 2019
    40-59 Years of Age
    Had I answered this when you started it, I would be in the 20-39 bracket. I turned 40 in February. It doesn't bother me one iota to tell people I have played every Sims game and that I still play.
    I was a kid in the beginning of the home game boom and had an Atari. When I was a pre-teen I played SimCity on a crappy desktop machine. When I was a teenager, people like my brother and his friends were getting together to hook their computers together and play games (this was before MMO's). I didn't play, but I watched over his friends' shoulders. (lol).
    I think if anyone should be expected to play video games, it's people who've literally grown up with them as they grew up.
    My daughter, who falls in the 13-19 bracket is the only one of my kids now that also plays Sims. My oldest son, 19, did but stopped with Sims 2.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01