Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would anyone else buy a new game based on the Sims Medieval?

Comments

• rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    Yes, yes and yes.

However, it would need to steer clear of the Sims 4 template, retaining open world and color wheel customization options. We would also need to incorporate aging and dying, allowing a hero's descendants to pick up where he or she left off. We need an enemy spawn tool with templates for goblins, orcs, giant rats and spiders, dragons, etc along with a robust leveling tool for the character as well as their armour and equipment. Humans should not be the only race, nor should all heights be the same.
  • JordizaJordiza Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes, absolutely. I'd hope for some magical aspect too, like wizards and some supernatural stuff
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    I would buy it in a heartbeat.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I would like a newer Sims Medieval if it was more like the other Sims games and less based on the quests, etc that was in the original Medieval game. That was the only reason I returned it.
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I enjoy quests, but yes, it'd be awesome to have both TS3 open world and the quests. I can't possibly be asking too much. :D;)o:)
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'd like a sandbox version, I found it too limited in its actual form, but I loved the style. The quests could be optional, like opportunities. I'd also like more building options and the ability to take "advanced" screenshots and closeups with the tab button.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Y E S

Sims Medieval was my jam. I should reinstall it, but for some reason don't have a digital copy. Or a disk drive. Sooo have to figure that out. But yeah if there was a Medieval based game I'd for sure but it. I would actually consider paying full price for it when it came out, I love it that much. And every sims game I've gotten has been discounted months after initial release.

I loved the quests but in particular the classes and jobs. Adored them. It's part of the reason I enjoy GTW in TS4. I really like goal oriented gameplay with enough freedom to still do whatever you want on your own time. I think I'd just add a bit more freedom to Medieval if it was having another inspired by it.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Yes!!
  • TrashDeBluncTrashDeBlunc Posts: 85 Member
    In a hot minute, I would.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    Oh yes! I never actually played The Sims Medieval, but I would definitely be interested in a new version if it was sandbox - or perhaps even a historical based simulation game with different packs inspired by different time periods. Then there's also the idea of a Lord of the Rings / medieval fantasy pack with dragons, orcs, elves etc. for those that like that sort of thing. The possibilities are endless. I am an 'old soul' who swoons over period dramas and a total history nerd though so I may be in the minority. I remember I loved the Victorian and Versailles based stuff packs for TS3, but then the cars and phones would kind of shatter the fantasy.
  • Crimson_CountessCrimson_Countess Posts: 17 Member
    Definitely! I haven't played sims medieval, but from what I've seen and heard about online, it sounds amazing!
  • jamiebaby212jamiebaby212 Posts: 23 Member
    I would just like to see more expansion packs for the current Medieval game! :)
  • arethamorcearethamorce Posts: 2 New Member
    why not
  • miandallasmiandallas Posts: 22 Member
    Sims Medieval was so much fun, I just wish the quest-based system was optional and more like other Sims games -- full customization, build and buy modes, and the option to control more than one Sim. If they leave quests in, there should be good rewards if you decide to complete them.
  • Nesr5Nesr5 Posts: 15 Member
    I wish there were sandbox sims games from many historical periods, but I would prefer it without fantasy stuff.
  • MrsQuantumPhysicsMrsQuantumPhysics Posts: 6 New Member
    Yes, absolutely!!
  • MissTeteMissTete Posts: 22 Member
    I would love this!
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Umm heck yes!

Add teens and old people and I’d snatch up the next game in a heartbeat!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Heck yeah! I play a lot of medival themed games in my sims 3.So obessed that I actually downloaded a mod to disable phones XD

thMuTkZ.jpg
    ZXP0Tki.jpg

• NurseKneesNurseKnees Posts: 19 Member
    Yes! But I also want it to have the plague and medicine men and the option to dump your chamber pot on top of a passerby’s head ^.^
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2019
    I never played the sims medieval when it came out, but I bought it on Origin and played it recently. It's a really good game, I would definitely buy a new version of it.

JlyhmYw.jpg

• SimSiggySimSiggy Posts: 4 New Member
    I would be happy if they released some actual bug fixes for TSM and also let you expand your kingdom beyond those same exact buildings. I would also love to be able to actually build some of tbe houses and not be limited to "dollhouse" mode where you can only furnish and decorate. One of the most frustrating things is not being able to add walls and windows and move doors etc. Why have curtains if you can't add windows? I used a painting with curtains to fake a window. I'm definitely not a minimalist when it comes to decorating. Lots of times I felt extremely restricted when wanting to place certain items next to eachother and it wouldn't let me.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    SimSiggy wrote: »
    I would be happy if they released some actual bug fixes for TSM and also let you expand your kingdom beyond those same exact buildings. I would also love to be able to actually build some of tbe houses and not be limited to "dollhouse" mode where you can only furnish and decorate. One of the most frustrating things is not being able to add walls and windows and move doors etc. Why have curtains if you can't add windows? I used a painting with curtains to fake a window. I'm definitely not a minimalist when it comes to decorating. Lots of times I felt extremely restricted when wanting to place certain items next to eachother and it wouldn't let me.

Sadly that won't happen. It didn't take them long to be done with that game. :(
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • alexdharrisalexdharris Posts: 3 New Member
    I would buy it in a heartbeat, preferably with the open world like TS3 and more options for different quests/things to do etc at it was kind of restricting. I still play it regularly though, I am into that theme.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    You mean a pack for The Sims Medieval? I would.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top