Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A more active 'free will' button

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
Don't you think it would be nice if we had a more active 'free will' button. By that I mean another level of free will added to the game on top of the original one (cause we don't want it to be replaced!).

With this second level of free will, sims would go out by them self, invite friends/family, throw them self a birthday party and keep up with their level of fame/reputation.

I think it would need another level of 'free will' for sims to go on dates, get in or break up a relationship, build up needed skills, get promotions, climb the ladder of fame (if they are already in it) and throw random parties.

It would make living with a 'roommate' more realistic with these optional levels of free will.
I found that living with a upcoming celebrity is NOT great with the current 'free will' button as she is only sad and keeps loosing her fame stars. I can't keep up with that and I don't want to either.

Maybe MCC has this option, I don't know. But I think this would be a nice improvement for The sims 4 or future games.

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes, I would like an optional free will or story progression for non-played sims, as long as it is well developed. It would be nice if my sim's friends invited them to their weddings and were able to date and have children and carry on their own legacy without my direct involvement. I usually play with ageing off so this isn't an issue, but with ageing on I would want premade families to progress and continue on.
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    Friends can already invite sims to their birthday parties and play dates as long as your friends with them. Regular parties too although the frequency seems lessened since City Living. This was part of an update following GT.

I would love Story Progression back into the game that's for sure. Sims autonomously forming romantic interactions and having kids. That way I won't have a ghost town.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I have to agree the more free will for unplayed sims the better.

@FurSimsOfficial If you have the testingcheats true cheat activated or a mod that allows that. Then press the shift key while selecting the Sim of your choice. You'll have the option of public image and can freeze your celebrity's fame. THat will save you the headache of constantly losing fame and having to start again. It'll also allow you to level up their fame, choose quirks and set their reputation.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]