Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited April 2019
    Between Igmur and my horrible internet, I am having trouble getting the slideshow to post...will be finished asap :D

Update: it finally did post after all! Yay!
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #117 - Hawthorne Project IX
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Upland Place
    LOT COST: 2,500
    LOT NAME: Upland Place, in DelSol Valley
    GALLERY COST: 42,414
    TOTAL COST: 44,914
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS117 The Hawthorne Project Phase IX
    Located in Del Sol Valley ~With reasonably priced homes, ( Lot price 2,500 size 40x30 ) Family friendly & so close to downtown. Mirage Park was the perfect place, Our applicant's new residence at Upland Place is far from her husbands prying eye's..Matching her requests , 2 bed rooms with a on suite Nursery . 2 Bath's, a Big Country kitchen & Living room.. There is a Nice sized Yard with a clothes line, a swing set, sand box, and even room for a garden..The entire neighborhood consists of a small dead-end road. At the end of the road is a medium-sized playground ...
    ( With this build I took advantage of the NEW Landscaping items Released in the Recent update ~ unlocked using bb.showhiddenobjects~ - they all cost $ 0... Also in the drive way is One of the RV's which was also released with the update - Cost $ 0......)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://facebook.com/Moms-Sims-3-4-Creations-1652411471645604/

57203997_2379347075618703_500002899846234112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=8099ec50f535f82443dce78b6ca8e2e9&oe=5D3B93C5

57258318_2379347088952035_1635108171439669248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=ba8232a341cd9578646f5a46e00056c6&oe=5D39D1CB

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    LOT: Dayana's Place
    LOT COST: $2500
    LOT NAME: Tranquil Crescent in Newcrest
    GALLERY COST: $42,492
    TOTAL COST: $44,992
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/3wHfgw4
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dayana's first thought was to find a place in Brindleton Bay so she could be close to her mom, and get some help with the kids. But, in the end, she decided it would be too easy for her ex-husband to find her there, so she asked that her house be built elsewhere. She finally decided on Newcrest, a newer community with good schools. They found a beautiful 30x30 lot in a neighborhood with several young families with kids for her girls to play with. The house is a comfortable 3-bedroom, 2-bath home, with plenty of room for all of them, and has a playroom and a large back yard. It's a good beginning for her new life.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used

Ol7tKan.png

TDWJKXK.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Holy wow!! So many awesome entries for #BnS117!!!

I find it amazing that so many people submitted their entries on the same day :lol:
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    OH NO....the budget was $45,000? Rats! I did all that work for nothing...my house is waaay over budget lol...guess I won't be entering it...I will keep it though...because I worked really hard on it! Just won't be for the challenge...oh well.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    OH NO....the budget was $45,000? Rats! I did all that work for nothing...my house is waaay over budget lol...guess I won't be entering it...I will keep it though...because I worked really hard on it! Just won't be for the challenge...oh well.

You still have time to try again! I finished in budget last night, but I'm not happy with it 100% for this particular family, so I'm keeping it as a generic starter and trying again. :)
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    wow this is so cool, never done anything like this before :D
    There's only a couple of days left but im gonna give it a shot :p

Just one question, maybe its silly xD, is there an easy way to determine the cost of a room?
    I saw the tips on how to check the cost of your builds cost, but one specific room?
    Maybe i read over it ? THNX! :D
    @Devilarish You do it the same way you check costs for the lot, except..............

First, click on your room, highlighting it. Then go to the top "Save To Library" button. You'll have 2 choices - Choose "Save Room" instead of "Save Lot" (This choice only shows up when you have the room highlighted). The cost of the room will show up, just like it would for a lot.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Allears wrote: »
    @Devilarish You do it the same way you check costs for the lot, except..............

First, click on your room, highlighting it. Then go to the top "Save To Library" button. You'll have 2 choices - Choose "Save Room" instead of "Save Lot" (This choice only shows up when you have the room highlighted). The cost of the room will show up, just like it would for a lot.

Thank you so much! that makes sence :p
    i have another question :$ is the bb.moveobjects cheat allowed and Debug items ?
    thanks in advance :)
  • lionpawslionpaws Posts: 431 Member
    Yeah, both are allowed :) . Have fun, I can't wait to see your room.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png

Attentions EXPERT Entrants for #BNS116 The Safe House

Your Results are now available HERE.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited April 2019
    CHALLENGE #117 – The Hawthorne Project (Phase IX)
    FORUM ID: SheriGR
    ORIGIN ID: SheriGR
    LOT: Stay at Home Mom
    LOT NAME: Built on: Cookout Lookout 30x20 lot, $2,000 (Newcrest)
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $42,965
    TOTAL COST: $44,965
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/kxwua1P

ENTRY DETAILS: This home was designed for Dayana, a single mom looking to work from home & be with her young children. Dayana’s dream home features 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, a washer/dryer/clothesline, guitar, bookshelf, painting easel, punching bag, chess table, several harvestable garden plant areas (2 indoor and one outdoor), and a swing set and bench in the back yard per Dayna’s request.

Upon consideration of her needs and desire to stay at home with her young children, additional features that will help her in this goal are indoor and outdoor harvestable plants for cooking and income, a studio with a flower-arranging table and live multi-flower plants for her use so she can join the gardener career and work from home making flower arrangements for sale. In the future, when the children are all in school she can even open a florist shop and sell her arrangements, produce, and gourmet dishes there!

Additional features that Dayana and her children can enjoy are treehouse playhouse (with stair railings since Dayana would worry otherwise!) a fenced back yard and gate on the large front porch for toddler safety; sunroom with a punching bag, chess table, and indoor plants for year-around use; a skylight in the kitchen, a fireplace, grill & picnic table, TV, computer, & more!

It features the ‘Great Soil’, ‘Home Studio’, and ‘Homey’ lot traits.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Any
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, No Mods. Pictures by: #jasna98 #juwels64 #Super_Love_Sims #Roseymow #SimDels #Mandykay77 #AnnaVelannA #simsationaltoo #AlJay2000
    TWITTER TAG: @SheriGr
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    2k4ZrOh.jpg
    aMWCERU.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    sorry, i have another question.
    first, is this where is should ask questions? :p
    Also do the Yoga mat and/or stool? count as fitness stuff?
    Devilariah wrote: »

They don't count, but I'm having a heck of a time turning up the original Hawthorne Project post that talks about the rules/limitations (such as why there has to be easel/chess table/fitness equip/bookcase/computer in the first place - it's to help disadvantaged sims get back on their feet). The only reason I remember the Yoga stuff doesn't count is because it's cheap and small, and easy to place. XD Using the Search function just gives me a bunch of entry posts, including my own. XD

@BuildnShare Did the original Hawthorne Project post get archived, or is it just buried somewhere?

They don't count, but I'm having a heck of a time turning up the original Hawthorne Project post that talks about the rules/limitations (such as why there has to be easel/chess table/fitness equip/bookcase/computer in the first place - it's to help disadvantaged sims get back on their feet). The only reason I remember the Yoga stuff doesn't count is because it's cheap and small, and easy to place. XD Using the Search function just gives me a bunch of entry posts, including my own. XD

@BuildnShare Did the original Hawthorne Project post get archived, or is it just buried somewhere?

ahh ok :) guess ill trade my yoga mat for something else :P (too bad cuz the rest is more expensive XD )
    I saw them in some othr entries so i thought maybe it counted (but i probably missed the actual fitness equipment while quickly scrolling through pictures lol)
    I read the rules and limitations but it just said what had to be included not why or specifications? or was there another post or im just confused
    ? ;B
    Still trying to find my way here on the forums haha
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    I could have sworn yoga mats were okay on the last Hawthorne project. They are under the active filter.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »
    I could have sworn yoga mats were okay on the last Hawthorne project. They are under the active filter.

:open_mouth: ! I so hope that's the case! That would make life so much easier. :sweat:
    edited April 2019
    ahh ok :) guess ill trade my yoga mat for something else :P (too bad cuz the rest is more expensive XD )
    I saw them in some othr entries so i thought maybe it counted (but i probably missed the actual fitness equipment while quickly scrolling through pictures lol)
    I read the rules and limitations but it just said what had to be included not why or specifications? or was there another post or im just confused
    ? ;B

Yeah, way back when, The Hawthorne Project had a general set of specs that was true for all builds. There's a whole story behind the project and everything.

That said, since I can't find it, and the current post doesn't say anything, I might just take advantage of the Yoga mat loophole. ;) It'd sure make my life easier to have that extra few hundred simoleans for more important things. XP

EDIT: Woo, found it! Here's the link to the original Hawthorne Project post: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15196666#Comment_15196666
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,223 Member
    edited April 2019
    ? ;B

Yeah, way back when, The Hawthorne Project had a general set of specs that was true for all builds. There's a whole story behind the project and everything.

That said, since I can't find it, and the current post doesn't say anything, I might just take advantage of the Yoga mat loophole. ;) It'd sure make my life easier to have that extra few hundred simoleans for more important things. XP

Loophole has Hansen closed and I was wrong. 😀 They don't count and I will be editing my build.
    image.png
    SimTresa wrote: »
    ? ;B

Loophole has Hansen closed and I was wrong. 😀 They don't count and I will be editing my build.

Aw, dang. :p Ah, well, back to the boxing bag. XD
    @SimsIslandheart Thanks for that link. I wasn't around when this started, and it's interesting to get all the original information. :)

The reason the yoga mat and the stool don't count for your fitness requirement is that they give wellness skills rather than fitness skills.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

@SimsIslandheart is correct - each Hawthorne build is required to have certain objects the benefactor deems important for helping struggling families get a new start on life. Those objects are listed in the brief: "must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a bookcase." Only objects that build the fitness skill would count as a piece of fitness equipment. The boxing bag is a low-cost alternative for this at only §160.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    FORUM ID: kittkat7147
    ORIGIN ID: kittkat7147
    LEVEL: Master
    LOT: Hawthorne Bungalow
    LOT COST: 1,500
    LOT NAME: Free Spirit's Cottage am See
    GALLERY COST: 43,500
    TOTAL COST: 45,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/EygdJhb
    ENTRY DETAILS: Just a little craftsman bungalow for the Lilard family :) I love the setting in Windenburg - very private with scenic beauty all around. The Lilards will love growing up in their new home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @kittkat7147
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/kitkats.simporium
    TUMBLR LINK: http://kitkatssimporium.tumblr.com/
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

iYWHNl4.png

sgtcwa6.png
  • 13Vader13Vader Posts: 178 Member
    @SimsIslandheart is correct - each Hawthorne build is required to have certain objects the benefactor deems important for helping struggling families get a new start on life. Those objects are listed in the brief: "must include: a computer, a vegetable garden, a chess table, an easel, at least one musical instrument, at least one piece of fitness equipment and a bookcase." Only objects that build the fitness skill would count as a piece of fitness equipment. The boxing bag is a low-cost alternative for this at only §160.

I didn't know about the yoga mat. So I'll change it for the punching bag, unless I can count the TV workout channel (added with fitness pack) as a fitness equipment.
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @SheriGR Very Impressive !

I am WOWed....

In fact I am impressed By all the entries so far... Enjoying this Challenge !!

Diane Pinkus

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top