Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Limit For Freelance Gigs?

Is there some type of daily limit for the number of freelance gigs you can complete in one day?

I can load up 1 gig, do it, get paid and load up a second gig, do it, get paid BUT if I try to select a 3rd gig, I cannot!

The gig menu is completely empty. I can only actually get the list to populate again after waiting many HOURS! Sometimes I have to wait until the next day to get a new list.

I just want to know if this is intended behavior to try to keep us from getting too much money too soon or something.

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Ah thought it was just me. My sim us in the graphic artist career and noticed it was blank at the third time. Guess there's a cool down? I had to evict my sim while I was fixing up the lot and put her back in and noticed the list for the gigs had came back.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Ah thought it was just me. My sim us in the graphic artist career and noticed it was blank at the third time. Guess there's a cool down? I had to evict my sim while I was fixing up the lot and put her back in and noticed the list for the gigs had came back.

I was thinking I had a mod conflict, I didn’t know what the heck was going on! Kinda lame to have a cool down in a Freelance career.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Haven't tested it myself, but if there is a cool-down I'm kinda disappointed, as that doesn't really make much sense? i could understand if after completing three gigs within a certain time frame might give a sim a tense moodlet, but I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do another gig.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I need to play around with it a little longer to see if that's the case doing it back to back. My sim had a low paint skill, so was wondering if it didn't show anymore cause of it. The programmer one takes a good couple of days and seems to be a little bit more harder than the other ones to me (took forever to encrypt 5 times with my sims and she had about 3 days to finish it and I didn't get to. ftttt)
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited April 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I need to play around with it a little longer to see if that's the case doing it back to back. My sim had a low paint skill, so was wondering if it didn't show anymore cause of it. The programmer one takes a good couple of days and seems to be a little bit more harder than the other ones to me (took forever to encrypt 5 times with my sims and she had about 3 days to finish it and I didn't get to. ftttt)

I’ve tried the graphic designer one and I had level 10 painting skill and I also tried the writer one with a different Sim with a level 10 writing skill. Same result, can’t choose a 3rd gig back to back. The list is blank.

Haven’t tried the programmer one yet.
  • LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if I remember correctly, but I'm pretty sure I haven't had this problem. I feel like I've done 3-4 gigs in one day with my sim in the freelance digital artist career.
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Okay, so! I just tested it out using the freelancing writer career, and let's just say, it was a struggle.

For some reason my sims would continue to 'write marketing copy' or 'edit essay' even though the circle was fully complete meaning it was done. When I reset them and then asked them to resume the action, they immedietly finished it, so idk what was happening there..

But, I was able to complete 4 in a row in one day, and then gigs still showed when I tried to get another one, so it worked fine for me.
    orD9FHY.jpg

PiYGMlO.jpg

zWVphHt.jpg

I3k5xhW.jpg

q2HLCfG.jpg
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
    Okay, so! I just tested it out using the freelancing writer career, and let's just say, it was a struggle.

For some reason my sims would continue to 'write marketing copy' or 'edit essay' even though the circle was fully complete meaning it was done. When I reset them and then asked them to resume the action, they immedietly finished it, so idk what was happening there..

But, I was able to complete 4 in a row in one day, and then gigs still showed when I tried to get another one, so it worked fine for me.
    orD9FHY.jpg

PiYGMlO.jpg

zWVphHt.jpg

I3k5xhW.jpg

q2HLCfG.jpg

Hmm, let me repair my game and try it again.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    A cooldown doesn't make a lot of sense, because I thought the blurb for freelancer careers was that you could take on many jobs if you need fast cash
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have no mods and no cc , no problems on my computer. Hope you get it straightened out.
    Not sure what I did but seems to be ok now
  • SimCherSimCher Posts: 41 Member
    My gig pop up is blank and I was wondering what was going on. Hm? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I play a Freelance Artist, and it's clear that if I don't pick a gig, it's likely not to be there when I finish the one I do pick, as though OTHER artists were taking the gigs my Sim passes up at first go. I seldom try to do more than one gig in a day - my Sim has plenty of money - but I might if, say, bills are due and I don't want to look at a big divot in my funds. Sometimes, if I deplete my gigs down to the cheap ones, it's a couple days before worthwhile offers turn up again. I usually say, 3.5k? Good enough for a day. Maybe I'll go paint on the easel for another grand and a half.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    It seems that gigs are available from 7 or 8am until 5 or 6pm. Is this what you all mean? Other than that gigs go on all day in that time frame. But I don’t know if you can pick more than one gig at a time.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    If this was intended it is another pointless restriction in this game. Shouldn't it be the player who decided for the sim if it's time to cool down or get filthy rich from gigs? I mean, give us both options, we can decide that for our self and do not need the game to push a life story on us for our sims.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    And you can't stay at work indefinitely until you earn as much as you want. Not how it works. You pick the gig you want first. Do that. See what's left. If nothing is worth your time, wait. There will be more offers later. How is that a problem?

You can make your Sim filthy rich with Motherlode, if that's what you want. No need to make broken professions as bottomless cornucopias of wealth. We have that already.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It seems that gigs are available from 7 or 8am until 5 or 6pm. Is this what you all mean? Other than that gigs go on all day in that time frame. But I don’t know if you can pick more than one gig at a time.

That's an interesting idea - I'll have to pay more attention to the time of day. I've noticed that after completing gigs, fewer are available when my Sim checks the list, and I assumed it was a sort of 'cool down' function. However, it would make sense if later in the day, there are fewer jobs available. (Or possibly, more dodgy jobs - when I was testing the artist freelance a couple of days ago, my test Sim didn't have many gig opportunities in the middle of the night, but quite a few that did come up were rather shady.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I did 2 gigs in a day, and I was a bit surprised how easy my sim could make quite a lot of money in just one day. It depends on the mood and traits probably, so I assume it wouldn't necessarily be as easy on other days. But I don't think I tried a 3rd time, so I can't help, sorry.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg