Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Is No Longer Working Since Update!

pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
edited April 2019 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I played my game yesterday and it was fine, but now everything is blank, whether selecting your Sim, computer, or mail box, it comes up, but there is nothing to select in side it! It must be because of today's update! I went to tell MC Command, but the only way to talk to them is if you join Discord, which I see no reason to have to join something I will have not use for afterwards! I guess we will just have to wait for them to update it now!
To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yes, that is how mods typically work- they tend to break after patches.
    There's no need to tell them because I'm sure they're aware. They actually warned people ahead of time that it would probably break.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    There's no need to tell them because I'm sure they're aware. They actually warned people ahead of time that it would probably break.

They actually got a *hotfix* out rather quickly this morning if you want to update.
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

They actually got a *hotfix* out rather quickly this morning if you want to update.

Where's that? Is it on their site? I didn't see it when I checked before I posted here!
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    You can get the hotfix (free) here; https://www.patreon.com/posts/mccc-and-todays-26152019
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Lilypink79Lilypink79 Posts: 115 Member
    I was impressed by how quickly MCC was updated 👍🏼
    I've got 99 problems and TS4 glitches are 99 of them
    Well I got it, but it didn't work, it didn't even show up at all, and I couldn't direct my sims to do anything and they just stood there doing nothing! Then when I tried to save, I couldn't, and I haven't had any problems with that in the past! And I noticed on the site a few others saying they had some problems, so its not just me! So I am going to wait until they get a full update done, before downloading it again!

Oh and I DO KNOW HOW MODS WORK, and sometimes an update will mess it up, I was just posting this here to see if anyone else had the same problem, and if anyone might know if its being fixed!

I don't think it was very nice of "someone" to imply that I was being dumb, that I didn't know how mods work, if all you have to say to someone on here is something rude, then don't bother answering questions!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    @pookysimslover Your MC Command folder should look like this. The 2 highlighted files are the 2 new files from the “hotfix”.

41-E336-B4-80-C0-4-E60-95-FF-E1-A975-BA7-EFF.jpg

(You probably won’t have the file with .bak.)

Also there is a new update from today that is supposed to fix the blank text affected by other mods. So you should update your game too.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    @pookysimslover Your MC Command folder should look like this. The 2 highlighted files are the 2 new files from the “hotfix”.

41-E336-B4-80-C0-4-E60-95-FF-E1-A975-BA7-EFF.jpg

(You probably won’t have the file with .bak.)

Also there is a new update from today that is supposed to fix the blank text affected by other mods. So you should update your game too.

Okay, thanks, I also found out that I had another mod that I needed to remove, which I think was what was causing my Sims to be stuck, where I couldn't direct them to do anything, and of course couldn't save ether! The mod is TS4-Slow Dancing-Mod, which I forgot I had in it!