Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What mods do you use?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited April 2019
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I know there’s a lot of mods out there, but I don’t actually use any. What mods do you use and how do they benefit your gameplay?

Several

From Sacrificial

Passionate Romance Mod

Romantic Stargazing mod

Slowdancing Mod

Forgot who created these mods
    Online Dating Mod

First Kiss Fix Mod

And some other mod that fixes the lips not touching when they kiss (Note only works on kiss interaction when their standing)
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    close to the end of last year I downloaded MCCC because all that weird flirting with anyone and anything was bugging me. I like sims faithful to their spouse. So that was the main reason. I also have it marrying sims I don't play much and they also get pregnant. I'm interested in what the slice of life is. Don't think i've heard of it until here. I'll look into it later.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    edited April 2019
    MCCC, SimDa dating app for blind dates

Edited to remove reference to adult mods.~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    MC command has been so useful to me since it first came out. Very easy to use as well. I enjoy that you can disable or enable autonomous behavior with sims with it and able to copy outfits to genetics easily form one sim to the next without going into CAS. And just so much more.

Meaningful stories and small minor mods-

More Geekcon Outfits
    Formal Outfits for romance festival
    Power goes out when there's a thunderstorm
    Toddlers at parks and children only showing up in parks after school hours.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    None, I don’t use CC either.
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Im too scared to use mods. I would like for unplayed sims to marry, have children etc on their own though...
    VbXPSzu.png
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Not that big into mods! I like to keep my game as is for the most part, except for a teensy little bit of cc. But I do have MCCC, which is a must for me.
    Proud simmer
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    There are only three mods I always use - MCCC (I don't actively use all modules, but leave them in just in case) and Hide lot trait FX and no celebrity walkstyle (which may not even be necessary anymore, but it still worked the last time I played).
    I do occasionally use poseplayer, teleport any sim and pose packs - I do have the first two in my mods folder by default.
    And from time to time I add a couple of LittleMsSam's mods, but always take them out later on - more often than not I'm too lazy which one is causing the LEs.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • SomebodySomeplaceSomebodySomeplace Posts: 62 Member
    > @SimAlexandria said:
    > A mod that locks the computer to one person so that other people can't use it
    > The mod that lets them be a dancer for a career
    > Some extra traits mod

Where did you find the computer and the dancer mod?
    I know there are a lot of different mod makers with traits mods, who do you suggest getting some from?
  • lilfreeklilfreek Posts: 9 New Member
    I use 2 mods. I use MCCC because i think it is a really useful (albiet complex) mod that really can change up the game. I also use another mod but I don't use it much. I've tried the WW mod but I'm not a huge fan of it and its too complicated for me to bother adding more CC for the mod.
  • TyrianPrinceTyrianPrince Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2019
    *stares at TS4MM reading '423 mods active out of 584 total, in 45 categories.'* Uhhh..........
    Okay, technically, most of my 'mods' are mods we don't discuss here (i.e. a significant # of packages are just animations, skins, meshes, etc.).
    Other than that, MCCC is a must have. I also use a lot of mods by LittleMissSam (especially her small mods and fixes), I should probably just have a category for her TBH, but it would make my system awkward since I try to keep each script/package mod in it's own folder (for the sake of easily loading package mods with mod manager) and a single folder for pure script mods. As far as pure script mods my big ones are FullHouse, AllCheats, SellInventory, and Ultra Simulation Speed. I have a couple other "fix" mods like Simulation Lag Fix and Vampire Bug Fixes.
    Okay, so even if a lot of them are WW content mods I still have a ridiculous amount of mods, mostly gameplay mods to change things that annoy me like getting rid of certain autonomous actions (*cough*Parenthood Ask Advice*cough*), simplified vampire cheats, intersex tuning override,
    Single cup tea, store most things in chests, woohoo acceptance animations replacement, no privacy, no surprise holidays, longer interaction queue, etc. I have some custom content as well.
    But my biggest shoutout is to programs for mods. As someone who uses a lot of mods, and especially someone who sometimes wants a mod feature for a particular game/household but other times not so much, I can't live without Raxdiam's The Sims 4 Mod Manager. Unfortunately it's not up to speed with the newer ts4script files so you still have to manually add/remove script mods, but it makes adding and disabling simple package mods a breeze.
    Another big one for managing a lot of mods is scumbumbo's TS4 Package Conflict Detector. Once your mods folder is over 1GB, process of elimination isn't exactly realistic if somethings causing an issue, and this program greatly simplifies the task. Again, it only works with .package files, but at the end of the day its a lot easier to use process of elimination on my significantly smaller library of script mods than my entire mods folder.
    (side note: even if you're not a mod creator, if you use a ton of mods, it's super useful to have S4PE, particularly if you're using the conflict detector, sometimes a simple quick read of a resource ID will make it clear what's an actual conflict vs. mod to mod specific compatibility add-ons, and sometimes you might catch something obvious and even if you don't know how to fix it, you can at least let the mod creator know ;3)
    Post edited by TyrianPrince on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    MCCC and Road to Fame!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    Another big one for managing a lot of mods is scumbumbo's TS4 Package Conflict Detector. Once your mods folder is over 1GB, process of elimination isn't exactly realistic if somethings causing an issue, and this program greatly simplifies the task. Again, it only works with .package files ...
    The conflict detector may well handle script mods someday. Maybe someday soon...
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    My absolute favorite is deaderpool's MC Command Center. I believe that is a must for complete control over your sim. However the Discord server where he insists you ask questions on is very very very difficult to navigate. I cannot for the life of me get to the general support page. My second favorite(s) are any that prevent sims from doing random things autonomously like playing games on their phone, checking toddlers, or not sitting at a table to eat. I also hate when sims sit down when they put things down on tables but have yet to find a mod for that. My third favorite right now is the random violence mod. There's an option that's "Snatch weave" and I LOVE that. I use it all the time. Even for no reason.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    Slice of life
    Don't wash dishes where you angry poop (I was getting so frustrated at my sims washing dishes in bathroom sinks!)
    More Schools (I wanted some of my kids to go to private school)
    MCCC
    edited April 2019
    Scumbumbo wrote: »
    Another big one for managing a lot of mods is scumbumbo's TS4 Package Conflict Detector. Once your mods folder is over 1GB, process of elimination isn't exactly realistic if somethings causing an issue, and this program greatly simplifies the task. Again, it only works with .package files ...
    The conflict detector may well handle script mods someday. Maybe someday soon...
    I might could kiss you if this happens. Though with the way I use it to manage my package conflicts, I may well have to work harder at learning Python. >_>
    To be fair, I'd also like to see the Mod Manager updated to manage .ts4script files, I know it used to manage .py files so maybe, hopefully it'll get an update.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just to list a few:
    • MCCC and UI Cheats (to add traits to Sims I make in CAS especially to add some of the Parenthood traits
    • Coolspear1's Faster Crafting mods (Faster Writing, Faster Painting, Faster Programming) because it takes too long to do those tasks normally and my Sims need a life. Also Faster Songwriting because ditto for my musicians.
    • Quite a few Little Ms Sam's mods especially the Custom Lot Traits; I usually set my nightclubs for Party wear.
    • Scumbumbo's Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop so my Sims only wash dishes in the kitchen sink (and also I love the name).
    • And Twisted Mexi's All Cheats Enabled -- the retail cheats got disabled a while back, so I use this mod mainly to access those when I'm making stores where I'm not planning to actively play the store owner Sims, just want the shops where my Sims can purchase items. I have a current long term project where my main household is working on finishing all the jobs so I can unlock all the career outfits, then their eventual descendents will open a couple of clothing shops (one for menswear and one for women) so my other Sims will be able to purchase the best of the outfits. I might play the owners occasionally just to change out stock now and then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CLMerz48CLMerz48 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi all. I use a lot of mods and cc. Makes the game interesting. Am redoing my building mods, to many out dated, and installing the lastest version from the modders most of who are on TSR, but I can't find the modder listed as [W]. Looked through all the artists on their site and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know the name of [W] so I can find my mods. Does a lot of kitchens I think. Any help...... :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,777 Member
    CLMerz48 wrote: »
    Hi all. I use a lot of mods and cc. Makes the game interesting. Am redoing my building mods, to many out dated, and installing the lastest version from the modders most of who are on TSR, but I can't find the modder listed as [W]. Looked through all the artists on their site and haven't had any luck. Does anyone know the name of [W] so I can find my mods. Does a lot of kitchens I think. Any help...... :)

Is it maybe Wondymoon?
  • CLMerz48CLMerz48 Posts: 26 Member
    Yes it is.Thank you Bananas_45. I'm a happy simmer... :p
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    CLMerz48 wrote: »

Is it maybe Wondymoon?

I just want to say, that was magic.
    To be fair, I'd also like to see the Mod Manager updated to manage .ts4script files, I know it used to manage .py files so maybe, hopefully it'll get an update.
    That I couldn't help with. I think (if we're talking about the same program) the guy who wrote that left the modding scene and to the best of my knowledge there's no source code for it, so someone would have to write a whole new mod manager from scratch.

As for the conflict detector, I've been sticking some beta copies of the work in progress on my Discord, so interesting timing that you brought that up. Even though there's a beta version I'd suggest waiting for the release unless you're really having some issues with script conflicts. Everything seems to be working well, but like anything beta it could break at any moment :)
    edited April 2019
    That I couldn't help with. I think (if we're talking about the same program) the guy who wrote that left the modding scene and to the best of my knowledge there's no source code for it, so someone would have to write a whole new mod manager from scratch.

As for the conflict detector, I've been sticking some beta copies of the work in progress on my Discord, so interesting timing that you brought that up. Even though there's a beta version I'd suggest waiting for the release unless you're really having some issues with script conflicts. Everything seems to be working well, but like anything beta it could break at any moment :)

So far I've not had any major script issues. I'm patient enough to be able to figure out most LEs, and while I've had to sack a couple dead script mods, tbh, I never really have any major issues with them other than occasionally forgetting the game just did a updoot (easy fix right there ya?) :tongue:
    So far I've not had any major script issues. I'm patient enough to be able to figure out most LEs, and while I've had to sack a couple dead script mods, tbh, I never really have any major issues with them other than occasionally forgetting the game just did a updoot (easy fix right there ya?) :tongue:
    Good to hear it. I think the feature for scanning the script mods for conflicts will be primarily useful for identifying situations where a player may have an old copy of a script mod installed along with a newer one. This can cause no end of headaches, as you can imagine.
    Good to hear it. I think the feature for scanning the script mods for conflicts will be primarily useful for identifying situations where a player may have an old copy of a script mod installed along with a newer one. This can cause no end of headaches, as you can imagine.
    I feel you there, especially when the updates are titled differently for each one so your extractor doesn't catch the duplicate (looking at MCCC and WW on this one).