March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stop From Moving When Switching Families

I currently have nraas and awesomemod. I used to use awesome's make sacred, but that option is not showing up anymore and I don't know why.

I'm looking for a way to mark my houses as sacred so my families don't get up and move when I switch houses. Can someone point me to the correct mod and settings I need to use for that?

I play the whole town and every time I switch houses, everyone moved somewhere else.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    I've seen this complaint and those similar about the sacred designation a few times lately. We've even had players bring it to us at NRaas to figure out. The problem is that Awesome is not our mod and only its developer (and avid users) are really in positions to explain what it's realistically supposed to do and why it might not be living up to its promise in these situations.

The best we can offer is don't rely on that. I use NRaas StoryProgression and a Rotational Caste strategy to protect "my" households when I switch and play others actively. The Household Options restrictions can also be used without deploying the entire caste strategy if desired. My sims are of course free to live their lives within the guidelines I provide for them while I'm not paying attention, but I can be confident they are not going to do something as life-changing as move houses (change careers, form new romantic partnerships or break up, have children, etc.) on their own. One does have to embrace the SP version of progression to make this work, though.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Story-Progression-Rotational-Caste-Settings
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2019
    Does that mean that this is outdated information?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17005642/#Comment_17005642

I do not have the mods in my game.

Edit: I am merely curious :smile:
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    Okay, so what that information tells us is that if Awesome's StoryMode is in control or if EA's built-in story progression is, then the "Chosen" designation should be available by way of a ctrl-click. If NRaas SP's progression is in control, then it will not. SP and Awesome can both be present at the same time, but only one form of progression can be in control.

What I don't know is exactly what Chosen as Sacred is supposed to do, specifically, once it is again available. It may exempt the household from either Awesome's StoryMode or EA's progression pushing moves and splits on them, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same can't happen anyway. When NRaas SP is in control, a household that is forbidden to move or split up cannot do so even if it has no floors, walls, ceilings, beds, and is on fire unless the player directs it to happen. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @igazor Thank you. As a newcomer to the game it is sometimes hard to know whether the information found is still correct; it being so long ago everything was done, well a decade almost. :smiley:

OP: I am curious if one of the NRaas mods that you have is Story Progression, and if by temporarily removing it you would get the Chosen/Sacred to work; if you want to try it. :smile:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited April 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    Okay, so what that information tells us is that if Awesome's StoryMode is in control or if EA's built-in story progression is, then the "Chosen" designation should be available by way of a ctrl-click. If NRaas SP's progression is in control, then it will not. SP and Awesome can both be present at the same time, but only one form of progression can be in control.

What I don't know is exactly what Chosen as Sacred is supposed to do, specifically, once it is again available. It may exempt the household from either Awesome's StoryMode or EA's progression pushing moves and splits on them, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same can't happen anyway. When NRaas SP is in control, a household that is forbidden to move or split up cannot do so even if it has no floors, walls, ceilings, beds, and is on fire unless the player directs it to happen. :)

The "sacred" option is just an easier way to mark a household as "do not change anything without user input". I tend to bounce all over my world throughout the day so it has always been my preferred option since I can just ctrl + click the house and mark each sacred (set it and forget it). I tend to not use Nraas story progression just because I actually play my entire town and I don't like them getting up to anything on their own.

For some reason, the option to ctrl+click the house is gone, but after a lot of RTFM (in Pescado's words), I found out that you can write "bless [family's last name]" in the cheat console to mark the house as sacred. It works and gives all the family members the chosen trait. Now they stay put.

I'm coming back to TS3 after a very long hiatus. I forgot how time consuming it was to set this all up. :s

Edited to add: I should say, that chosen doesn't work the same as turning off story progression. It just stops them from moving, getting married, or doing any of those "big moment" things. They will continue to go to work, skill, and the mod will send them off to do the things they are interested in or fulfill their wants. I also like the easy ctrl + click on the sim to switch households.
    Post edited by Mstybl95 on