This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Could Moschino Be Coming to the Sims?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I buy dresses from Goodwill for $5 and lament the fact that Edwardian clothing can not be found readily in any store. This whole thing couldn't be less relevant to me.

Here's my opinion, anyway. :o

I don't personally see why a company that sells a dress for an average price of $4000 should be partnering with a game that's getting backlash from raising its pricing to levels that are not affordable for the average person in countries like Brazil, for example. I don't see what Moschino gets out of the arrangement. I can't see them getting a lot of sales out of this. At least Sims players who like the fashion get to have their sims wear it, but. Eh to the whole thing. Big EH.

The way I see it, The Sims strives to be inclusive. That should include, as much as possible, affordability and partnering with affordable companies.

I'm poor. I hate clothing with logos on them. No thanks, bunny sweater. No thanks, Moschino.

I do get where Drake is coming from. To me, what she's saying comes across as a fact, not anything meant to be condescending.

Also, I welcome competition to The Sims. I crave more and varied life simulation games. Come on, Paradox Tectonic! Oh man, give me Crusader Kings II but actually the Sims? That's it, sold. Or even The Guild 3? Once it's out of Early Access? Yes please.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    This collection is hideous overpriced trash, I'm honestly not surprised that this is what the sims are churning out at this point. The saddest thing is this collection will still sell relatively well regardless of whether a large majority of players hate it there will always be that bigger group of people willing to buy anything associated with the Sims name.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2019
    I personally don't have a problem with the Moschino colab. The Sims has been with H&M and DIESEL so it's not that different, I do like the thought of my sims wearing designer clothes that look good instead of their usual "ugly rags" ahaha. Although both H&M and DIESEL were packs with amazing clothing compared to everything else.

But this whole discussion of EA not caring about the average joe is interesting. It's not exactly new, EA always wants to cater at younger audiences with their products, especially now because mommy and daddy don't know how to say no to their children.... But teens becoming entrepreneurs with corporate sponsorships....selling their right of speech for brand deals and money? But somehow working at a factory at 16 or less is considered child exploitation? I think the society, including EA who wants to profit from their money have long ways to go still. There are a lot of things that need to get updated now that social media is taking over.

Either way, I don't know about America but I'm pretty sure here in Europe, the mass majority of people isn't slamming photos on Instagram with 600€ hoodies everyday. I do know that America is the biggest target audience since it's a pretty big nation but still. If she's telling the truth, and I believe she is, and EA wants to cater at these social media 🐸🐸🐸🐸, who don't even care about gaming, I think it's telling why their games haven't had much success. The percentage of social media "high society" who aren't gamers don't know what a quality game is so they only focus on delivering the bare minimum and the real gamers just don't care about their product. It trends for a while, while these influencers are on their payroll and then bam, dead. It just goes to show that they do. not. care. about. the. gamers. Every word from EA is marketing garbage to give you false hope.

Mass Effect Andromeda tried to cater so much at the youth with horrible stupid dialog and formulaic plot and look at where it got them. They just don't realize that they are trashing the people who actually give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about their franchise, new or old.

I do think that what she sais is true. People seem to have lost sense of morality and criticism nowadays and lot of fans, here in the forums and out there, will buy just about anything The Sims team dishes out. They could literally make a The Sims 4 Get Garbage EP and people would buy it and say that it is good and money well spent because they are being "entertained" and that it's a matter of opinion. Do people even know what good entertainment is I wonder? But whatever, it's not like anything is going to change, but I thought it would be an interesting discussion.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    siminettesiminette Posts: 160 Member
    I didn't even know about Moshino before the sims 4 collab. Well.... an ugly sweat is enough!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Technically it is the other way around - the Sims came to Moschino. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I personally don't have a problem with the Moschino colab. The Sims has been with H&M and DIESEL so it's not that different, I do like the thought of my sims wearing designer clothes that look good instead of their usual "ugly rags" ahaha. Although both H&M and DIESEL were packs with amazing clothing compared to everything else.

But this whole discussion of EA not caring about the average joe is interesting. It's not exactly new, EA always wants to cater at younger audiences with their products, especially now because mommy and daddy don't know how to say no to their children.... But teens becoming entrepreneurs with corporate sponsorships....selling their right of speech for brand deals and money? But somehow working at a factory at 16 or less is considered child exploitation? I think the society, including EA who wants to profit from their money have long ways to go still. There are a lot of things that need to get updated now that social media is taking over.

Either way, I don't know about America but I'm pretty sure here in Europe, the mass majority of people isn't slamming photos on Instagram with 600€ hoodies everyday. I do know that America is the biggest target audience since it's a pretty big nation but still. If she's telling the truth, and I believe she is, and EA wants to cater at these social media plum, who don't even care about gaming, I think it's telling why their games haven't had much success. The percentage of social media "high society" who aren't gamers don't know what a quality game is so they only focus on delivering the bare minimum and the real gamers just don't care about their product. It trends for a while, while these influencers are on their payroll and then bam, dead. It just goes to show that they do. not. care. about. the. gamers. Every word from EA is marketing garbage to give you false hope.

Mass Effect Andromeda tried to cater so much at the youth with horrible stupid dialog and formulaic plot and look at where it got them. They just don't realize that they are trashing the people who actually give a plum about their franchise, new or old.

I do think that what she sais is true. People seem to have lost sense of morality and criticism nowadays and lot of fans, here in the forums and out there, will buy just about anything The Sims team dishes out. They could literally make a The Sims 4 Get Garbage EP and people would buy it and say that it is good and money well spent because they are being "entertained" and that it's a matter of opinion. Do people even know what good entertainment is I wonder? But whatever, it's not like anything is going to change, but I thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Nowadays everything works like that. Do surveys for other companies and they always, always tell you that if you are over a certain age - they are not interested in your opinion. Even the tv shows only care about the ratings they get from the teen through mid 30's people - they could care less about what anyone over 40 thinks of their shows, products, you name it. It is odd too because the 40-60 age people are the ones with the most disposable income - but they look at longevity and the future nowadays and know to rope in the younger people because they will be around to purchase the products a lot longer than say 60 year olds will. Big companies do this a lot. It seems the bigger the company the more they lean in that direction nowadays.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    So true @Writin_Reg. I can't even tell how many surveys I've started and once they ask the age question, survey over. "Thanks for your participation." :D
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2019
    Me personally wouldnt mind it coming into the game , is the clothes different and outrageous yeah , playing a normal sim all the time would be boring to me anyways 😂. Would I buy those clothes in real life nope although some of their fashion I think its cool it's way too expensive and of course some are way too outrageous. I've seen some comments about having branded content from the real world and not being in simlish , all do with respect I bet all your sims have real life names no made up names like sui sui and what other words they say 😂 , Moschino is someones second name . You might actually have a sim with that second name he could be the designer walking about your world lol , everyone has their own opinion , it is going to be one of those packs if it does get made people are either going to like it or really hate it, but branded content personally doesnt bother me, some could say having everything in the game in simlish apart from your sims names looks daft lol , it's the sims it's not supposed to make complete sense that's what's fun about it 😊
    Post edited by Nikkih on