Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have vampires been nerfed recently? NOPE!

124...Next

Comments

• VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    Look, my problem was that some of the suggestions that were bandied about were only really compromises for people who didn't want vampires, which is the whole point of the pack. I have no problem with a lot trait that prevents vampires from visiting a lot, but I do have a problem with having to have a lot trait to get vampires to break in at all. They've already said at this point a toggle isn't possible at this time. If they wanted to do the event thing, I could live with that. But I don't want having vampire break-ins confined to Forgotten Hollow only or having to use a lot trait to have it happen. At the end of the day, this pack is primarily a VAMPIRE pack. I dislike the notion that I have would have to do anything more specific than simply having the pack installed to get vampires to work as advertised.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Vulori wrote: »
    Look, my problem was that some of the suggestions that were bandied about were only really compromises for people who didn't want vampires, which is the whole point of the pack. I have no problem with a lot trait that prevents vampires from visiting a lot, but I do have a problem with having to have a lot trait to get vampires to break in at all. They've already said at this point a toggle isn't possible at this time. If they wanted to do the event thing, I could live with that. But I don't want having vampire break-ins confined to Forgotten Hollow only or having to use a lot trait to have it happen. At the end of the day, this pack is primarily a VAMPIRE pack. I dislike the notion that I have would have to do anything more specific than simply having the pack installed to get vampires to work as advertised.

Exactly. The packs name is Vampires and if one wants Vampire they get it and need to expect Vampires in their game. If one does not want Vampires as the game is DESIGNED - then they need to not buy the pack called Vampires, instead of buying it and demand changes to be made to the pack even though many, MANY simmers bought it because of the way it was.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I'm curious if you're still going to look into the 'cancel like the welcome wagon' option? Mostly because if it's possible to do, it might apply to future events like this, or even to alien abductions and such. Or has that idea been abandoned now that you've noticed the nerf didn't happen?

Yes @SimGuruNinja are you going to continue looking into this option? Those of us who hate this feature were willing to compromise (in fact I was one of the first people to suggest a compromise solution to you when it was looking like the feature had being nerfed) but we are not willing to be ignored and for things to go back to the status quo.

Have you tried giving your houses the Private Dwelling lot trait? I've found it to be pretty reliable in stopping visits from vampires, aliens, and people with fruitcake.

Some of us want alien abductions though (and don't the fruitcake). I love aliens. In the Sims 2 I had a town called Rangiora that I tried to populate with as many aliens as possible. I started with two alien couples and all the male adult human were on telescope duty. It developed a bug related to the memory system (the sims got a memory if member of the extended got an a+ or aged up etc but that didn't work if you had a largish family tree) so after talking to a Maxoid I uploaded it so the Sims Studio could take a look. (the bug got fixed in the second University patch). @SimGuruNinja did you over come across it?

I was so disappointed when aliens were nerfed which is why when I heard that vampire break ins were nerfed my first reaction was not "yay break ins are gone", it was "Oh people who like break ins are going to disappointed, let look at a compromise solution."

Which is why having lot traits that encourage NPCs to come to a particular is better than just a blanket trait that stops all visitor because we all love different things. You love Vampires, I love Aliens

Let's truly this a game where the players rules rather than the de facto motto being My way or the Highway.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I'm curious if you're still going to look into the 'cancel like the welcome wagon' option? Mostly because if it's possible to do, it might apply to future events like this, or even to alien abductions and such. Or has that idea been abandoned now that you've noticed the nerf didn't happen?

Yes @SimGuruNinja are you going to continue looking into this option? Those of us who hate this feature were willing to compromise (in fact I was one of the first people to suggest a compromise solution to you when it was looking like the feature had being nerfed) but we are not willing to be ignored and for things to go back to the status quo.

Have you tried giving your houses the Private Dwelling lot trait? I've found it to be pretty reliable in stopping visits from vampires, aliens, and people with fruitcake.

Some of us want alien abductions though (and don't the fruitcake). I love aliens. In the Sims 2 I had a town called Rangiora that I tried to populate with as many aliens as possible. I started with two alien couples and all the male adult human were on telescope duty. It developed a bug related to the memory system (the sims got a memory if member of the extended got an a+ or aged up etc but that didn't work if you had a largish family tree) so after talking to a Maxoid I uploaded it so the Sims Studio could take a look. (the bug got fixed in the second University patch). @SimGuruNinja did you over come across it?

I was so disappointed when aliens were nerfed which is why when I heard that vampire break ins were nerfed my first reaction was not "yay break ins are gone", it was "Oh people who like break ins are going to disappointed, let look at a compromise solution."

Which is why having lot traits that encourage NPCs to come to a particular is better than just a blanket trait that stops all visitor because we all love different things. You love Vampires, I love Aliens

Let's truly this a game where the players rules rather than the de facto motto being My way or the Highway.

The difference though, between Alien attacks and Vampire attacks, is that Vampires come in a pack specifically all their own. A pack dedicated entirely to them. Therefore, the default should be as promised, with random break-ins and bites. Again, it is a Vampire-specific pack. Owning this pack means you are getting the full vampire treatment. Prevention would be secondary. The pack already contains other ways to drive off vampires. These would become obsolete to some of the gameplay of the pack if vampires no longer visited. As it is, those of us who enjoy the visits don't even get enough of them. I personally, play a LOT of households and I switch around between maps and Sims. I should not have to put a lot trait on every single household in the game just to get vampires to behave as they should in their own pack. And I will reiterate that this behavior was promised to the players before release, and had a hand in influencing some people's decisions to purchase it altogether. It would be in extremely bad faith to take it away. But a lot trait made specifically to drive off vampires would allow people to "ward" their Sim's home.

For the record, I'm in favor of Alien abductions as well, including impregnation, and I would love to see the frequency improve. And in my game lately, for some reason, it has. But I can also see why they tuned the frequency down to begin with, because the Aliens are part of a career expansion and not the focus of their own game pack. This is why the devs were hard pressed to find a balance when they received a bunch of feedback against it. In this case, having a lot trait that raises the chances, or tying the event to a triggering object, would make sense.
    #Team Occult
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member

The lot trait should be to stop vampires from breaking in. I shouldn't have to use a trait to have vampires breaking in.

We finally have the lot traits so we can make our sims' suffer. The earthquake, creepy crawlies, and stuff breaking on the lot are lot traits to make your sims' lives miserable. I shouldn't have to lose a trait to have vampires breaking in. People who want the vampires changed are the ones who should have to use a lot trait to change them.
  • VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    And what if I wanted both aliens and vampires? Are you saying I would need to use two lot traits to get those kinds of visitors? Either way, using a lot trait would be work. It would increase greatly if they had to adjust for every new occult sim they added. For example (assuming they add these) what if I liked Witches and Vampires, but I didn't want Aliens or Werewolves. Without a toggle, this was the next best thing. It was absolutely clear that if you got Vampires, you would get vampires. It's not on me that people who decided to get vampires for the objects rather than gameplay. People got mad that there was occult mixed in with realistic gameplay and they had no choice but to deal with aliens. So, the aliens got nerfed. This time, Vampires were put in their own gamepack, and then people complained about having to deal with them. Why am I the one who has to go 'Oh, you don't like vampires, well we'll just make it so they only show up here and here, you'll rarely ever see them unless you have a lot trait or go to Forgotten Hollow'. No. I'm sorry if it comes up as rude, but I bought this pack to have vampires, so I expect to see vampires. That is why I bought this game pack.

I'm sorry, but asking me to concede to make my game more realistic unless I go out of my way when I bought a pack for the occult is ridiculous. I want all the weird crazy stuff I got in previous iterations. We absolutely need a toggle like in sims 3, but until then, I don't expect to be the one to make concessions for realistic players when they choose to buy an occult game pack.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Just being able to cancel the events, like you can with the welcome wagon, would mean everyone gets their way with this stuff. No wasted lot traits either way. Alien abductions could be boosted up. Future events wouldn't need nerfs. Just a simple cancel button and bam, solved.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    edited March 2018
    Just being able to cancel the events, like you can with the welcome wagon, would mean everyone gets their way with this stuff. No wasted lot traits either way. Alien abductions could be boosted up. Future events wouldn't need nerfs. Just a simple cancel button and bam, solved.

As SimguruNjina said it would only stop the first vampire attack, not all vampire attacks. You would still be upset that the vampire attacks would be happening. You want a solution to all vampire attacks not just Vlad's first visit.

edited to add. It would only work with the scripted vampire break in.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    And what if I wanted both aliens and vampires? Are you saying I would need to use two lot traits to get those kinds of visitors? Either way, using a lot trait would be work. It would increase greatly if they had to adjust for every new occult sim they added. For example (assuming they add these) what if I liked Witches and Vampires, but I didn't want Aliens or Werewolves. Without a toggle, this was the next best thing. It was absolutely clear that if you got Vampires, you would get vampires. It's not on me that people who decided to get vampires for the objects rather than gameplay. People got mad that there was occult mixed in with realistic gameplay and they had no choice but to deal with aliens. So, the aliens got nerfed. This time, Vampires were put in their own gamepack, and then people complained about having to deal with them. Why am I the one who has to go 'Oh, you don't like vampires, well we'll just make it so they only show up here and here, you'll rarely ever see them unless you have a lot trait or go to Forgotten Hollow'. No. I'm sorry if it comes up as rude, but I bought this pack to have vampires, so I expect to see vampires. That is why I bought this game pack.

I'm sorry, but asking me to concede to make my game more realistic unless I go out of my way when I bought a pack for the occult is ridiculous. I want all the weird crazy stuff I got in previous iterations. We absolutely need a toggle like in sims 3, but until then, I don't expect to be the one to make concessions for realistic players when they choose to buy an occult game pack.

Well if we stick to the status quo you are simply not going to get aliens un-nerfed no matter you how want it. If we had compromise solution for break ins then we could have pushed for it to be adapted for aliens. By not accepting a compromise you guys are closing down that possibility.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member

Well if we stick to the status quo you are simply not going to get aliens un-nerfed no matter you how want it. If we had compromise solution for break ins then we could have pushed for it to be adapted for aliens. By not accepting a compromise you guys are closing down that possibility.

How have we closed the possibility? The same request can still be made for Alien Abductions. There's no reason it can't.
    #Team Occult

It appears to be you that's not accepting the compromise we're willing to make. We will take a lot trait that stops the vampires biting coming to the lots and not a lot trait that makes the vampires biting coming to the lots. You want them stopped, you get the lot trait that stops them.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018

Actually according to one recent patch notes they did retune the aliens to have more abductions. So should not be a big issue any more. I also love aliens - in fact all the supernaturals. I like them better than just regular sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Read what he wrote - they are going to leave them as designed, period. He said:

"And guess what else? We won't water them down. Your vamp break-ins will continue unabated. Any bugs we solve will be done without adjusting this event."

His whole statement is in the opening post of this thread as well as the last post of the thread he closed where Supernatural simmers were upset because we paid for Vamps as designed and not changed. We felt people who didn't want vamps shouldn't buy the pack. We paid for them to have the Vamps as designed.

The problem with that attitude (don't want vamps? don't buy the pack) is that it denies choice to those who might enjoy vamps, but not in every save. Some way to either block them or get rid of them when you don't want them would work. Maybe if you delete Vlad (who seems to be the senior vamp) that shuts down the game-generated vamps, so it's still player option.

It's not an attitude - they tried it and he said it didn't stick - so they were going to have to nerf them. When he said that simmers went nuts apparently all week-end. I only came in today and read all the after effects. And yes I was grateful as I did expect what I had paid for. It was bad enough aliens abduction got nerfed.

But anyway they decided to leave them as they were as they can't offer a choice. It has nothing to do with anyones attitude.

I was talking about the attitude some people had regarding the pack (well, if you don't want vampires, don install the pack). As I said, it doesn't take into account people who want vampires, but not in every pack.

My current save Vlad showed up to my Sim's apartment door but didn't invade; I'm not sure if it was because my Sim was a teen or something to do with apartments. And I haven't had another midnight visit even though she's now in a farmhouse in Newcrest. So it hasn't been an issue for me this save. In past saves I've been able to make them relatively vampire-free by deleting Vlad and the Vatores, then monitoring the Not in World Sims and deleting any game-generated vampires, though MC Command center has the ability to humanize all vampires so if I go with a vampire-free save I'll try that and see if it works -- even running it just once a Sim week or so could help the issue.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

The lot trait should be to stop vampires from breaking in. I shouldn't have to use a trait to have vampires breaking in.

We finally have the lot traits so we can make our sims' suffer. The earthquake, creepy crawlies, and stuff breaking on the lot are lot traits to make your sims' lives miserable. I shouldn't have to lose a trait to have vampires breaking in. People who want the vampires changed are the ones who should have to use a lot trait to change them.

I'd be in favor of an Essence of Garlic lot trait that would keep vampires from breaking in -- then later if I wanted to regain that lot trait slot I can go through the effort of getting my Sims to grow enough garlic to make the braids and wreaths. Or maybe an Eau de Garlic perfume that could be worn by a Sim and would ward off vampire attacks for 12 hours (could double as a turn-on for Italian food lovers if we get turn-ons back B) );
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

I'd be in favor of an Essence of Garlic lot trait that would keep vampires from breaking in -- then later if I wanted to regain that lot trait slot I can go through the effort of getting my Sims to grow enough garlic to make the braids and wreaths. Or maybe an Eau de Garlic perfume that could be worn by a Sim and would ward off vampire attacks for 12 hours (could double as a turn-on for Italian food lovers if we get turn-ons back B) );

That'd make a good name for the lot trait. You have some good ideas for the lot trait.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    the thins is, there SHOULD be a toggle by now.
    I bought the pack ONLY for the objects in it, and the CAS itmes.
    I did NOT buy it for the actual vampire. I play mostly the "realistic" way, so NO vampires.
    JUST ADD THE TOGGLE

-Yarden.
  • DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank you so much for your clarification @SimGuruNinja I love and appreciate your continuous concern for Sims with differing opinions and for continuously clarifying information. I do hope that this might be alleviated when more Life States are released, (did I hear Werewolves or Witches somewhere ;) ) and Menu Toggles for Life States were included, something that was mentioned back in the original 'Have Vampires been nerfed?' thread.
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruNinja for checking and also for not nerfing them in any way, I am so happy! I love this pack so much, it's the best one to me and the vampires are so fleshed out than before. Thank you for not touching them and dropping this. Thank you thank you!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Finally got the chance to reply to this, but I can now sleep a little more peacefully(?) knowing a vampire will break into my house and bite me for their night's supper.

Now for my missing bowler hat for males and that hamster pack debacle...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • cinthia_antunescinthia_antunes Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello,

So, i ended up here. After reading many posts. Actually i want to ask if the "invasion event" was removed from the game or it's bug. I already made everthing to solve, thinking it was a game bug.

I have actually this "problem" on my game, since a buy it, it never happen, vampire never "break in" the sim's house. They have 15 level of history of vampire, but they just came at night, knock the door and go away. ^^'

I'm really sorry to bother, and forgive if i post in the wrong post, it's because i already search in the whooole internet, and i didn't find anything to clear this question. :s
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Hello,

So, i ended up here. After reading many posts. Actually i want to ask if the "invasion event" was removed from the game or it's bug. I already made everthing to solve, thinking it was a game bug.

I have actually this "problem" on my game, since a buy it, it never happen, vampire never "break in" the sim's house. They have 15 level of history of vampire, but they just came at night, knock the door and go away. ^^'

I'm really sorry to bother, and forgive if i post in the wrong post, it's because i already search in the whooole internet, and i didn't find anything to clear this question. :s

Vampire break-ins usually happen when all the sims in the household are sleeping.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is good. But, I did want to point out, for some reason when my vampires bite sims or when Vlad comes and bites my sims, they don't get bite marks on their necks. Instead, they get a really hazy line on their neck that's slightly darker than their skin tone. I don't know if it's a bug or not, but if it is could you please fix it?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• cinthia_antunescinthia_antunes Posts: 3 New Member
    > @EgonVM said:
    > cinthia_antunes wrote: »
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > So, i ended up here. After reading many posts. Actually i want to ask if the "invasion event" was removed from the game or it's bug. I already made everthing to solve, thinking it was a game bug.
    >
    > I have actually this "problem" on my game, since a buy it, it never happen, vampire never "break in" the sim's house. They have 15 level of history of vampire, but they just came at night, knock the door and go away. ^^'
    >
    > I'm really sorry to bother, and forgive if i post in the wrong post, it's because i already search in the whooole internet, and i didn't find anything to clear this question. :s
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Vampire break-ins usually happen when all the sims in the household are sleeping.

I tried. I'm playing with one Sim in Forgotten Hollow, i put her to sleep around 22 pm, but is the same. Either, Sleeping or awake, the vampire only came in front door, knock and go away.