Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with Custom Content.

SystemSystem Posts: 6,561 Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: CC Problem.

Comments

• LilmissplumbobLilmissplumbob Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if this is a good thread for this, BUt......All of my Custom Content is now name **DEBUG** and the description also say **DEBUG**! How do i fix this?
    I have removed all cc, uninstalled the game, reinstalled , and slowly put cc in to no avail? It happened after the latest update. Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited April 2019
    *deleted with apologies*
    Post edited by aldavor on
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I wonder if we can get a moderator to please split the new posts off? Although I am sure the concern is valid, this is a TS4 issue on the TS3 section of the forum and added onto a thread from nine years ago. That's bound to be confusing to others who come along and read it later.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Went ahead and made this it's own thread so you could get some help! Hope you're able to sort it out :)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Not sure if this is a good thread for this, BUt......All of my Custom Content is now name **DEBUG** and the description also say **DEBUG**! How do i fix this?
    I have removed all cc, uninstalled the game, reinstalled , and slowly put cc in to no avail? It happened after the latest update. Anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

This is a problem that the Gurus are working on. There should be a patch in the next few days to fix it.
  • LilmissplumbobLilmissplumbob Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank y’all! I appreciate it!
  • MonicaDavisMonicaDavis Posts: 3 New Member
    So I’m on a Mac, I didn’t play the Sims directly after the first update but I’m pretty sure they put out a patch the day after...
    Since then none of my CC shows up, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game I’ve removed and then put the mods back in the folder but still no luck.
    When I started the game everything is gone, my old games all my mods etc. When I look at my mods from inside the game it shows up empty Although there is stuff in my mods folder. But yeah besides that before I even uninstalled and reinstall everything wasn’t showing up including my old saved games.

Anyone able to help 😅

Thanks
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    So I’m on a Mac, I didn’t play the Sims directly after the first update but I’m pretty sure they put out a patch the day after...
    Since then none of my CC shows up, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game I’ve removed and then put the mods back in the folder but still no luck.
    When I started the game everything is gone, my old games all my mods etc. When I look at my mods from inside the game it shows up empty Although there is stuff in my mods folder. But yeah besides that before I even uninstalled and reinstall everything wasn’t showing up including my old saved games.

Anyone able to help 😅

Thanks

@MonicaDavis Did you go into your Settings in the game to make sure that CC and Script Mods were enabled? Whenever there’s a big patch, they always turn that option off and we have to turn it back on ourselves.
    @Chazzzy,
    Yes I made sure that was all on!
    @Chazzzy,
    Yes I made sure that was all on!

Hmm. So your saved games nor your mods show up? Have you repaired the game?
    @Chazzzy
    Exactly, my old games are gone and mods don’t show up despite it being check off in game and my folder having content within it.
    Repair the game? Sorry I’ve never done that.. how do I go about repairing it?
    Thanks
    edited April 2019
    @Chazzzy
    Exactly, my old games are gone and mods don’t show up despite it being check off in game and my folder having content within it.
    Repair the game? Sorry I’ve never done that.. how do I go about repairing it?
    Thanks

In Origin, right click on the picture of The Sims 4 and you should see a list pop up and one of the options will be “Repair Game”, click that and let it finish.

Actually this reminds me, someone said the other day that they couldn’t even load the game after the first update. They ended up having to reinstall the game. Someone else said they had to reinstall Origin to get it back working again. Idk if that will be the case for you, but I would try the repair first.
  • ParlahemParlahem Posts: 5 New Member
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread to comment on but I need some help badly!

After the recent patch, some of my mods and cc broke, but I managed to fix it. Except my kijiko eyelashes.
    I did some experiments, and I found out that it was some of my skin details that are making the eyelashes have big blocks of black or random colors. I'm not sure what to do and I don't know if there is a fix for it, or anyone is having the same problems. I just wanted to ask if anyone was having the same problems as me!
    Thank you for your help!
  • ItzAriiItzArii Posts: 1 New Member
    So I play on pc. I have downloaded cc in the past, but ever since I deleted it all no more cc will work. This has been happening for months now and this happened around the time get famous first came out. Even if I downloaded more cc the cc won’t work in my game. Please help me.
    Thx
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hello @ItzArii
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.