Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    In one of the careers (possibly culinary), you get a chance card about reporting a colleague for stealing. If you choose the option of reporting, you get the result that the colleague goes berserk with you. Well, if you just happened to have that sim in a club with other colleagues, the one you reported will have a negative red friendship bar.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I learned that building roofs isn't nearly as hard as it looks. I'm more of a CAS person.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AliceSwofferAliceSwoffer Posts: 5 New Member
    Am loving this thread, there's so many little details in sims that i wouldn't be surprised if there were 100 more people hadn't found yet
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but when you have a bee hives from the seasons pack, they go dormant during the winter and little z's are coming out of it indicating they are sleeping.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but when you have a bee hives from the seasons pack, they go dormant during the winter and little z's are coming out of it indicating they are sleeping.

I tried giving my sim a bee box once but they attacked her and I deleted it. Bees are scary. I'm curious to give them another try. :D
  • silverdustsilverdust Posts: 34 Member
    > @izecson said:
    > If sim with low bladder tries to intentionally fart, they will receive some unique embarrased moodlet that says like this very funny lol

it is pretty funny! :D
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Can someone confirm if this still works in 2019? In my game I had a double bed against the wall with a window and only one Sim could get in the bed on the closet side to the door.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    take0nme wrote: »
    I did not know sims could scoot into a double sized bed if its against the wall.

I also didn't know unemployed sims labeled themselves "stay-at-home mom" if they have a kid and you ask about their career! That's soo cute. :)

What's some other little things you just found out?

Can someone confirm if this still works in 2019? In my game I had a double bed against the wall with a window and only one Sim could get in the bed on the closet side to the door.

It works but very very rare and random I cannot reproduce it on my sim but I remembered clicking the other side instead of the edge of the bed to nap
    ihavemultiplegamertags

Can someone confirm if this still works in 2019? In my game I had a double bed against the wall with a window and only one Sim could get in the bed on the closet side to the door.[/quote]

It works but very very rare and random I cannot reproduce it on my sim but I remembered clicking the other side instead of the edge of the bed to nap[/quote]

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can reproduce it myself! ^^

I didn't know that the Detective Active Career that came with Get To Work EP actually takes you to almost ANY random lot. The first day on the job I investigated a crime scene in Selvadora and the second day I went on Patrol... In Del Sol Valley xD
  • Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Alien sims, even those not from space, get homesick if they watch the alien channel!

noyhawV.png
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    I just discovered that sims can't marry their boss. And apparently being in the same level of the same career makes them each others boss.
    I have an engaged couple in the same household, both level 8 of the same track in the criminal career. Every time I have one try to marry the other I get a notification that it would be inappropriate to marry your boss. Luckily I didn't plan a whole big wedding.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    @treece01 wow! I just got one of my Sims to roll his first career and he got detective as the pick. Right away I had my eyes set on the chief. It's good to know. ^_^;
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    @treece01 wow! I just got one of my Sims to roll his first career and he got detective as the pick. Right away I had my eyes set on the chief. It's good to know. ^_^;

It threw me, I never had that happen before. But when I think about it, whenever I have a couple in the same career they were always married before getting the job. I was kind of annoyed because I was trying to get the "marry your BFF" reward points. Oh well, it's my super sim couple and I plan on having them move on to other careers once they get level 10 any way. I guess they can wait to get married.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
    @treece01 I just learned that my Chief of Police is;

- Noncommittal
    - Hates Children
    - Art Lover
    - Quick Learner

Sooooooooooo maybe they will just be common law hahaha xD
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited April 2019
    Did you know Sims have a hidden skill for how well they play indvidual video games? They'll get collectively better the more hours they sink into one. Not to mention while they aren't playing they'll slowly start to get rusty when they're not playing it.

Just like real life. I found this amusing. :p So having a high video game skill doesn't necessarily mean you'll win a tournament compared to playing a particular game your Sims plays often. If you have your sim constantly playing biblock they're more likely to win a tournament than a sims forever than they only played once.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    If you have seasons you can order medicine from GTW on your phone since it is listed as a gift!
    YESH! I no longer need a computer!!! :D
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I just found out that if your child makes it to the top of the scouting career, then they only have to get to level 6 of an adult career for their parent to get "have a child or grandchild reach the top of their career" in the Successful Lineage aspiration.

Thank god - I had no idea how I was going to achieve that before the parent died!

(I also learned that the successful lineage aspiration is probably the laziest aspiration in the game...)
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    You can chase or scare pigeons! Its Hilarious.

2vltok6.png
    2ynjgg8.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    In the Movie hangout pack there's a fairly in-depth system when your sims watch movies.

Depending on your sims mood they may or may not like a movie. Example if they're sad, chances are they just won't like the movie.

Also after watching a movie, your sim can declare to another sim that genre as their favorite (gives them a hidden trait for it), so they'll have a preferred movie genre they'll enjoy watching a lot more compared to others. Thought this was a nice feature as it makes sims feel like they have more likes and dislikes for things.

To add to that a sims traits can also play a part in sims likely enjoying/disliking certain movies (mostly base game traits.)

Childish Sims liking Comedy
    Bros/Athlethic sims liking Action movie
    Evil/Not-commital sims don't liek family-oriented movies (Dog's home journey)
    Foodies not liking horror films :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    I discovered that with the fame "update", streaming live videogames in the TechGuru career not only gives you a ton of money but makes you a celebrity if you do it for enough time!
    Probably most of you know this already bahaha but still :smile:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I learned that in the April 2019 patch the laptop is an unlockable. Now I have to use cheats EVERY STINKIN TIME.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    In the Movie hangout pack there's a fairly in-depth system when your sims watch movies.

Also after watching a movie, your sim can declare to another sim that genre as their favorite (gives them a hidden trait for it), so they'll have a preferred movie genre they'll enjoy watching a lot more compared to others. Thought this was a nice feature as it makes sims feel like they have more likes and dislikes for things.

I didn't know sims get a hidden trait. I'll have to try it out next time I play.

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims can go to the toilet while holding a pet.

And I'm sure I've said this before, but dragonfruit makes awesome fertiliser!
    Sims can sit at the dining room table while holding a pet too ^^
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sims can pick up toddlers one armed. At least from the high chair! My sim had a cup of tea and did not want to put it down, so he scooped up the tot with one arm and let her out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top