Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• tg9999tg9999 Posts: 29 Member
    Hey, building in sims 4 is much better than in previous versions, ability to duplicate whole rooms is making things much easier. I think that it would be nice to:
    1. place curtains on doors (as picture shows, it's impossible, message says in Polish language that objects can't be on another objects)
    2. maybe curtains on bed, so that it would look like a [i]four-poster bed[/i] (it's what my dictionary shows for this kind of bed)
    3. possibility of downloading or using English version? I bought sims 4 on EA official site included in Basic subscription, and it was possible to choose only from three languages, one was Polish and two other were totally unknown for me
    4. is it possible to duplicate whole section of a building, that contain more than one room?
    5. I have seen online pictures with elevators, I have already made elevator shafts, but I haven't found it possible anywhere to put elevator on map. It's hard to properly make a post, I apologise for any mistakes, I can't use gallery, can't paste links, can't use BBCode for images.
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    tg9999 wrote: »
    Hey, building in sims 4 is much better than in previous versions, ability to duplicate whole rooms is making things much easier. I think that it would be nice to:
    1. place curtains on doors (as picture shows, it's impossible, message says in Polish language that objects can't be on another objects)
    2. maybe curtains on bed, so that it would look like a four-poster bed (it's what my dictionary shows for this kind of bed)
    3. possibility of downloading or using English version? I bought sims 4 on EA official site included in Basic subscription, and it was possible to choose only from three languages, one was Polish and two other were totally unknown for me
    4. is it possible to duplicate whole section of a building, that contain more than one room?
    5. I have seen online pictures with elevators, I have already made elevator shafts, but I haven't found it possible anywhere to put elevator on map. It's hard to properly make a post, I apologise for any mistakes, I can't use gallery, can't paste links, can't use BBCode for images.

Let's see if I can help a little.

1. and 2. You can do both things by using the MOO cheat. To enter it you need to press Control + Shift + C and then enter "bb.moveobjects"
    that will enable you to place objects whereever you wish. Some links: More Cheat codes and how to use them and a short tutorial on how to use MOO
    3. Actually no clue on that, sorry.
    4. as far as I am aware of that's not possible. but basically you could turn that section into one giant room and copy that
    5. for the elevators you need to have the City Living expansion. And they will only work on the penthouse lots in San Myshuno. But you can find the object in hidden objects catalog. To see all the items in there you need to once again press Control + Shift + C and then enter "bb.showhiddenobjects" you might need to use "testingcheats" on first
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • tg9999tg9999 Posts: 29 Member
    > @crysk said:
    > Let's see if I can help a little.
    Thank you, advice for points 1-2 was very good, I hope it will not make any in game mistakes :) rooms looks better now when it's possible to make curtains on walls etc. and designs are much more efficient. This week I am going to try elevators :) maybe someone has idea, whether it's possible to merge smaller rooms into bigger one (to accomplish what crysk adviced), or select multiple rooms? I would also ask about possibility of turning around an item in vertical axis (I know about free rotation with ALT button, but it could be nice for example to turn around tables or chairs to put in storage rooms) :)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @Zasz for every time I wished I could snap a roof to half wall room I agree
  • KaeCee27KaeCee27 Posts: 41 Member
    There are so many things I want added to Build/Buy mode. One thing I don't want is for the items I have to disappear. Has anyone had any issue with some Build/Buy items (not hidden or unlockables) just disappearing? I have 5 that I know of from Cats and Dogs that are now totally gone from Build/Buy menu. However, on previous builds where I used them recently they are still there but now un-clonable. So if I want to use them I have to create a room around them on a previous build, save room and then place it on the new build which is awful when you need a bunch!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,778 Member

A question for you builders :)
    Now we have the new terrain tools.....Do you know a way of creating a home with it open under like a caravan? or a Tutorial I can look at? I tried doing it like Kate Emerald's bridge over a pool. But I found my sim would not go into the house :(
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2019
    A question for you builders :)
    Now we have the new terrain tools.....Do you know a way of creating a home with it open under like a caravan? or a Tutorial I can look at? I tried doing it like Kate Emerald's bridge over a pool. But I found my sim would not go into the house :(

@luckyheather You have to build a ground level room then add a second story. Once that is done you can delete the ground floor and use the "foundation" room slider on the upper floor to lower it to the height you want. You will need stairs to access it as it isn't ground level.

Stairs can be finicky depending on terrain though. It's a little buggy.
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    I totally agree, I would love to see diagonal placement of stairs to become available. As well as more structural arrangement options of stairs, rather than just straight up & down. As someone who spends most of their time building in Sims4, that would be a huge advancement.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited February 2019
    I have noticed an increase with things disappearing since the 2/5/2019 update and they are not MOO'd items. A house that I uploaded after the update, I noticed that items disappeared while I was building and items disappeared after uploading. A bed and side table in one of the bedrooms completely vanished on the upload.
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    Hi @BryonyRae ! Thanks for making and updating this awesome thread. So many great ideas that would be incredibly useful. I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to see the addition of some more modern spandrels. There are plenty of modern columns, but no spandrels that work well stylistically with them. Even just one that is plain and un-stylized (I'm thinking about one of the columns that came with GetTogether) would be awesome.
  • Walrus2096Walrus2096 Posts: 89 Member
    @KaeCee27 Yes! It has definitely happened with items, but what's really annoying me lately is finding that the terrain paints have been completely cleared. If you've spent a lot of time on the landscaping, it can be a real pain haha!
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi, everyone! I apologize for my long silence here; I have been super busy in real life for the past couple of months and haven't kept up with the forum like I normally would.

@ThingyChan I know it was ages ago, but if you are still having any trouble with your build, it would help if you could post some images to show the layout of it and we could troubleshoot further.

@chips46 I was able to reproduce the fencing issue in my game, and I have added a bug report on AHQ for it here. Please click on the "Me Too" button to bring awareness to the issue and get if fixed. :)

@Cassie I'm sure you've got it worked out by now, but that tile was a Pets wallpaper that had a buggy icon. It may be fixed by now, which might make it easier to figure out which tile in your build has it. I would eyedropper the various styles until you find one from Pets.

@tenaciousb420 as far as I'm aware, there has never been away to apply a frieze (or even a trim) to a wall height considered too low for it. SHIFT never worked for me, nor did any cheats. And if you have your wall height set high enough to apply a frieze and then reduce it, they will be automatically removed. The behavior is by design (why it's necessary might be a good question for devs though).

@withlovejulien I believe this might be your issue (regarding the outdoor room and roof). If so, please click on "Me Too" so that it gets attention.

@gmcrozier I've heard about terrain paint disappearing but thus far, it hasn't happened in my game. Are you still experiencing the issue? And if so, have you been able to figure out how it is happening (i.e. after specific steps you take), so that I might try to reproduce it?

@JC1979 - in my game, I saw the behavior on Yuma Heights where, after deleting some interior objects, the house orientation shifted on the map. However, how the house was actually positioned on the lot didn't change, nor did the sims ability to route to it. As for Affluista Mansion, nothing changes with its orientation on the map after following those same steps. As far as the incorrect map facing goes, it is a known issue, reported here. However, any sim routing issues would be new. If you can give me further details on how to reproduce that, I'd appreciate it.

@Valve this is a known issue and it is, unfortunately by design. You can read more about it here.

@crysk I'll have a look at your build and see if I can help.

@jojoMOMSTER from the screnshot, I can't tell why this would happen, as it looks like the game should consider the space a room. However, is it possible you built it using individual walls rather than the room tool? What about the ceiling - could some of it be missing (I can see there's a roof on it though)? As for the terrain paint going missing, as I mentioned to gmcrozier, I've heard about it but haven't had it happen in my game yet and am not sure how to reproduce it. If you find that a particular set of steps causes it to happen, please let me know.

@Megan_Sue19 because windows have specific functionality related to transparency and lighting, and because resizing is limited to an object's appearance as opposed to the functional portion of it, re-sizing windows generally doesn't work out well. We have requested some changes to windows, but due to the functional complexity, I would not expect things like resizing or rotating to be implemented. The other things you mentioned re: stairs, etc. have also been requested. :)

@Zasz yes, I mentioned this new functionality when terrain tools came out. I wouldn't consider it exploiting at all; while the devs may not have implemented the terrain tools with this specific function in mind, they definitely wanted to enable the ability to have separate structures at separate heights and the ability to intersect stairs with structures at any height, so it is a happy outcome. It would of course still be nice to have some built-in L-shaped stairs added as well, and those were requested early on, but in the meantime, this is a great option for those willing to deal with the complexity.

@gmcrozier and @kaecee27 If you haven't already, please try the following: 1) remove mods/CC, clear your cache, repair the game via Origin, start a new save, and test the objects in the new save. If that doesn't help, can you tell me more about the circumstances? For instance, do the objects disappear between saving and placing the build, or does it actually occur while you are build mode or in live mode? Does it occur right after (or during) placing other objects?

@walrus2096 thanks! We are always looking to get more styles of objects added to the game. I won't add specifics like that to our index because there just isn't enough room in the post for that level of detail, but I think (hope) the devs still peruse the thread from time to time and will see your request. I'd also advise tweeting to a guru when you have an idea for something like that, if you use Twitter.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BryonyRae thank you for responding. All of the issues that I have had have been corrected with updates since I initially posted them.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Thank you very much @BryonyRae I add the me too
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Thanks @BryonyRae, I will hashtag your name to the build and it’s under ID name “solenegirl.” I would like to mention that the lot worked in my daughter’s sim game in the same lot space. And I tried the lot in Brindleton Bay and it works there; it just seems there some kind of issue with lot/world it was originally built in.
  • tenaciousb420tenaciousb420 Posts: 5 New Member
    @BryonyRae I'm pretty sure moveobjects had to be active for it to work and it may have always been a bug but it definitely existed. You could/can place a frieze on a single wall face (rather than a whole room) by pressing shift, this used to override the restriction for friezes on any given wall height. You only needed to have a floor with wall height set to tall somewhere in the build to unlock all the friezes (generally a room without walls on the roof of my builds). You can check some of my builds on the gallery if you want proof, (main street pub and shops, willow creek library, main street nightclubs) many of them feature this technique and I have never modded my game in any way. Thanks for replying
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    @Zasz yes, I mentioned this new functionality when terrain tools came out. I wouldn't consider it exploiting at all; while the devs may not have implemented the terrain tools with this specific function in mind, they definitely wanted to enable the ability to have separate structures at separate heights and the ability to intersect stairs with structures at any height, so it is a happy outcome. It would of course still be nice to have some built-in L-shaped stairs added as well, and those were requested early on, but in the meantime, this is a great option for those willing to deal with the complexity.
    Actually, no. Its not a great option at all. It doesnt even work properly because it messes up the floor. Its a shady workaround for something that should be in the game already. This can be solved by adding half stairs and giving rooms individual foundations. This is what players have been telling the devs for years.
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    Hey guys, maybe this question has been answered before but i couldn't find it.
    nDkLchQ.jpg
    The stairway railing is intersecting with the wall, this happened in several builds and has been bugging me for a while now.
    Is there any way around this?
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2019
    Nevermind. Misread
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Has anyone encountered this bug, and what can I do to fix it?
    This appeared in my game yesterday, before the lot was fine.
    I have tried to fix it by repairing my game and started a new save to no avail. ( No mods or CC )

1EmD7c8.png
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Is it just me, or has anyone else found that the floor trims on rounded slabs have all disappeared? Even on buildings where they'd worked fine before.

round.jpg
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    @Xinqun I do have this problem in my game sense last November and still no fix for it
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited April 2019
    Anyone else having a issue with watering plants in planter boxes after the patch? Or is it just my game?
    This is on a Park community lot btw.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @JC1979 I downloaded and tested the home but did not experience the issue with it; I'm sorry.

@tenaciousb420 Ah, I didn't know about that trick - wish I had! But they may well have tightened up the code and "fixed" it. I downloaded one of your builds, and it looks like at least your previous work has been preserved. I think it would be considered as "working as intended" now, but I'm sorry - I know how it feels to have designed things based on how the game was originally functioning only to have that functionality change (and in my case, ruin a number of builds).

@zasz we will have to agree to disagree. :) It is an option for those who like it, and of course for those that don't, it can be disregarded. We can still hope for additional stair types being added down the road; they are still on our wish list.

@liel88 we have reported that issue here. Please click on "Me Too" to bring more attention to it for the devs.

@mannanna what is the exact issue you're having? I'm not sure just by looking at the screen shot. I do see lines on the ground that look like they might be at the border of the lot. Which lot did you see this on? Were you building on it?

@Xinqun not just you - see the report of this bug here. Please click on "Me Too" to bring more attention to it.

@Kementari can you describe the issue in a bit more detail? Are you able to water plants in planter boxes at all since the patch? Has anything changed on the lot(s), such as weather or terrain modification?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I figured you wouldn’t @BryonyRae. I think it’s just my OS, because recently my trailer park lot has decided not to work either and was working before just fine. It does the exact same the Affluista lot has been doing.