Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Cowboy and the Mermaid

Comments

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ooooh exciting and suspenseful!!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @KevinL5275 Thanks for the comments. :) It has been fun chapter as I love the tombs and adventure type stuff. I broke it down into 3 chapters so 2 more to come when work gives me some time.

Dwight and Lorelei rush to the fountain and cup their hands, filling them with water that is cold and refreshing. They drink deeply until their thirst is quenched. Lorelei shivers as she looks around the room they are in, "This place makes me think of ghosts and ghouls and things that go bump in the night!" There are tombs and sarcophagi all along the walls, skeletons and holes and bugs on the floors. Dwight is worried about traps in the room. "We better be very careful as we walk around. We will explore each section carefully, especially those close to the skeletons."
    46844126574_e2f5610a3d_b.jpg
    33691193788_67b70e2f02_b.jpg
    33691193658_f4f134d2d5_b.jpg

Dwight finds and tries to disarm a trap while Lorelei debates on whether the skeleton in front of the gloomy statue was a sacrifice, or another unfortunate soul who got trapped in this place like them. Many offerings have been placed in front of the statue. Some look like gold and are carved to represent different animals. The fruit appears petrified and hard, but amazingly has kept its original coloring in the humid dry air of the chamber.
    47567955421_7a6f953e5b_b.jpg

The door at the end of the room is locked and no obvious way to unlock it. There is a hole in the floor nearby and Dwight decides to see if that is the way to unlock the door. He reaches in and searches around. He can feel a piece of metal and he pulls on it, nothing happens. He pushes on it and nothing happens. He turns it and he hears a click. Hopefully the door will open now. He stands up. He hears a rumbling sound and turns towards it. He stifles a scream. An honest to god mummy has just come out of one of the sarcophagi. Apparently mermaids are not fond of mummy's and Lorelei continues towards the bugs on the floor and her quest to catch one. The bug bites her and she gives a little scream. Both Dwight and the mummy are watching her. (at this point I had no idea if the mummy was going to attack Dwight or Lorelei)
    47567955341_1ae1fbb768_b.jpg
    32625498507_9551a5f299_b.jpg
    47567955271_e523de5629_b.jpg

(It really is irksome when the big bad mummy is having more fun then your sims!) Lorelei walks over to Dwight unsure of what to do. The mummy is standing there staring at them and Dwight looks at Lorelei and Lorelei is looking back at him. "This is not what I was expecting to find around here! I think you forgot to tell me about mummy's when we had our occult conversation."
    "I don' think I knew about them." Lorelei looks very unhappy.
    Dwight looks at the mummy. "uh...hmmm....uh.....hi there....I sure didn't mean to disturb your rest. We just want to get out of here. Could you maybe open the door or show us how to open the door."
    32625498487_8645214d77_b.jpg

Lorelei is ignored by the mummy, but it gives Dwight his best evil look! He was apparently not impressed with Dwight's apology for disturbing his rest and has no desire to show them the way out. Dwight returns the look trying to look as intimidating as possible and not scared pantless.
    47514987902_3581c842bd_b.jpg

The mummy attacks and Dwight is thinking maybe it would have been safer to stay in the water even though he had no more oxygen. The mummy tosses him around and Dwight does manage to get a few good punches in. He tries to remember stories about mummies and what to do if attacked by one, but all he can think of is fire and he doesn't even have a match let alone a lighter. If he could just get close to one of the torches on the wall.
    32625498427_3964af8ca8_b.jpg

The death grip is choking Dwight. He struggles and finally he pulls one arm out and reaches towards the wall and the torch, when suddenly he is tossed to the floor. The mummy hurries back into his sarcophagus. Dwight collapses on the floor breathing heavily from the fight. Lorelei watches as his eyes roll back in his head. She rushes forward and stares at him completely petrified with fear.
    47514987812_4a56692bb2_b.jpg

Dwight was out for only a few seconds. He slowly stands up. Lorelei remains motionless as if she is not even seeing him. Her face is blank with no expression, except for the tears rolling down her face.
    47514987762_0af960996a_b.jpg

Dwight pulls her into his arms, murmuring her name and holding onto her tightly until she finally relaxes into his arms. She is sobbing, "I thought it killed you!" She can't seem to stop crying and Dwight just holds onto her letting her cry, rubbing her back and shoulders and gives her soft kisses. He has tears in his own eyes as they stand together holding each other up.
    "I don't know why it stopped, I'm just grateful that it did. Perhaps it sensed I was trying to reach the torch and it was more afraid I would get hold of the torch and burn it."
    He hunches his shoulders and back in obvious pain. Lorelei quickly calms herself and has Dwight turn around and she massages his aching muscles trying to ease the pain.
    33691193088_558719e6d0_b.jpg
    47514987712_92a085d4ea_b.jpg

"I think we need to focus on getting out of here." It seems like this is a very dangerous place for two novice explorers." They look around the room to find a clue to get the door open. Dwight stops and looks at a statue near the door. He has seen that exact symbol....three fish swimming in the book Rafe loaned them. He closes his eyes trying to remember the context from the book. Directions he thinks, he hopes, he prays. He reaches out to the small statue and twists the dial all the way around to the left, the same direction the fish were swimming. He hears a click and looks around quickly afraid he may have opened another sarcophagi. He does not see any mummies rushing towards him. He tries the door and it opens. They quickly leave that awful room behind them.
    32625498567_0b72417523_b.jpg

They enter a long corridor. One end looks like a dead end, the other takes a turn so they head that way first. They find a wishing well at the end of the corridor. Interesting that there are still many coins that were tossed into it. (Lorelei kept getting the 'steal coins' in her queue and I had to stop her many times. Dwight is good, so it never popped up on his queue) Lorelei explains to Dwight that you can fish from the well and throw coins, steal coins and make wishes. You really need to be careful what you wish for though. It doesn't always come out the way you would expect the wish to be answered.
    "Lets go check out the other wall before we make any wishes with this thing. I'm not sure if we can trust anything in this place right now. Dwight heads back up the corridor.
    33691192948_312bcd2698_b.jpg

Dwight knocks on the wall panels, inspecting for signs of a hidden doorway. He pushes here and there and suddenly hears a click and dust falls as the panel starts to open and then gets stuck.
    33691192888_70177c90fc_b.jpg
    46844125454_9ccf1ec592_b.jpg

Dwight pushes and pushes with no luck. He turns and puts his back into it and slowly the door starts to open. The room is small, the walls covered in hard dirt. There is a well in the back corner.
    33691192788_7b295a5fab_b.jpg
    33691192718_e5201333d5_b.jpg

Lorelei's curiosity got the better of her and she sticks her hand down in a hole in the wall. She did not like the bugs she found!
    46844125214_3ca949df4e_b.jpg

"Looks like we are at the end of the road so to speak. I will go down first though to see where this comes out."
    Dwight is not happy about them separating, but realizes he has no choice at this point. "It is going to be really hard standing here waiting on you to come back. Please be careful!"
    33691192538_6ca1946927_b.jpg

Lorelei gives him a hug and climbs up on the rim of the well. Dwight is so sad, he doesn't even watch her. Lorelei does a very impressive back flip dive into the water.
    46844124534_10a020547f_b.jpg
    33691192348_2e14e083e5_b.jpg
    46844124904_f32ba0d80a_b.jpg
    33691192288_3e38af0da1_b.jpg

It only takes a few minutes and Lorelei pops out of the water. She can see the lights of the military base from here. Amazing! This ruin has been hidden on a nearby island all this time. The ancient's must have used magic or some alien technology to keep the island hidden. She hopes she can figure out a way to block it so no one comes wandering in and gets stuck or hurt until it can be explored properly.
    46844124784_768ddefe4b_b.jpg

She quickly swims back to Dwight and tells him the good news. She knows he can swim the short distance in the well with no problems.
    33691192078_0c5f9e29e1_b.jpg

I think Dwight was peeking when Lorelei did her dive and now is showing off a bit too. He quickly climbs on the well and dives in swimming quickly with efficient strokes that lead him out.
    33691191868_7cf31cc79b_b.jpg
    46844124374_5604353720_b.jpg
    33691191758_8de19f0729_b.jpg

Dwight is incredibly happy to see the night sky, the stars, the trees, and feel the earth beneath his feet. He takes a big deep breath of clean fresh air and waits for Lorelei as she follows him back through the well.
    46844124274_02d22c4226_b.jpg
    46844124184_be17efd8ac_b.jpg

Lorelei and Dwight embrace happy to be together again, happy to be out of the ruins and back home....well, almost home.
    46844124104_26991ceb34_b.jpg

The island and the ruin is no longer hidden, it poses a danger to the residents who will undoubtedly see it and visit it to satisfy their curiosity. Dwight and Lorelei hastily find fallen limbs and shrubs to hide the well as best they can. They encircle the ruins and if there is a hidden entrance it is beyond their abilities to find it. They've done the best they can as tired as they are. They swim across the bay and walk the beach to their homes.
    46844123974_d0da373e05_b.jpg

@CravenLestat Thank you for making so many wonderful venues that we can weave into our stories. <3
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Whew! Out of danger, thank goodness. :)
    @ZeeGee Thanks for commenting! :) Now, the real fun will start!

Lorelei and Dwight make it to her house. They are both exhausted. Lorelei asks Dwight to spend the night. "I really don't want to be alone."
    "No problem," Dwight tells her, "I can sleep on the couch."
    "No, you can sleep in the bed with me, but, no hanky panky til we get married." Lorelei peeks up at him. "Is that ok with you?"
    "Yes, I can respect that, but, we better get married soon my lovely Lorelei. Maybe tomorrow would be a good day."
    Lorelei giggles, "Tomorrow might be a bit soon, but maybe the day after."
    47514986672_b14bd4ac20_b.jpg
    47514986732_8359180aa1_b.jpg

Dwight pulls her in for one hot kiss! "I'm gonna hold you to that, day after tomorrow we get married."
    As he releases her, Lorelei nods, blushes and pulls him back to her for more kisses.
    47607238121_a0c6eb7b1c_b.jpg
    47607237991_7f01e30690_b.jpg

Dwight runs across to his house and showers and changes and hurries back. Lorelei is still upstairs so he fixes a light meal for them. He is so tired, but doesn't feel it anymore. His heart is singing. He is so happy that Lorelei will be his lovely bride in two days. He hums and sings while he is cooking.
    Lorelei comes down and he calls her to the meal. "I made comfort food, grilled cheese sandwiches, and I added the little anchovies I caught as I know you need fish in your diet as well as the kelp."
    "These are delicious! You know, if I didn't already love you, I would love you for your cooking!" Lorelei grins at him.
    33729897758_0204cc41f6_b.jpg

Lorelei cleans up the dishes and thanks Dwight for cooking and staying with her. "I love how you do so many things that show you love me, even when you are not saying the words. I always feel that love even when you are not here with me."
    46844123684_978f8bd631_b.jpg

"I love you and I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. The last couple of days were pretty scary, but we made it through together. Together, we can do anything. I believe in us."
    47514986502_43278fd6ff_b.jpg

They walk upstairs hand in hand and cuddle in the bed. Holding each other they fall asleep. Sometime during the night Dwight awakens and pulls the covers over them. He snuggles close to Lorelei and goes back to sleep.
    46844123494_43e1ae2b6f_b.jpg
    33691190968_720d5bb7e7_b.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!! Wonderful update. :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @bekkasan You sprung a third chapter on me that I need to catch up on. ;)
    A mummy! :flushed: OMGosh! Dwight giving him the stare down too. :lol: Darn right!
    Get him Dwight!
    If the Sims were more like real life, Lorelei would be jumping right in there shouting "GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY MAN!" and kick and punch at the mummy too! ;)
    So did poor Dwight lose the fight? :cry: I was worried about him there for a bit. Lorelei's tears almost got me tearing up. That would be such a scary thing to witness happening to your love. :( Of course she'd be caring for him right after that. <3
    You wrote this chapter so well! :star:
    Oooh, I wishing well. :grey_question:
    ----
    OMGosh those bugs that get all over sims hands (and going up their arm) when they stick their hands in the hole gives me the creeps EVERY time! :grimace: (Refer to my post about encountering a juicy centipede. :p )
    You can really feel the great amount of love they have for each other when they express their concerns about getting separated. <3
    YAY the well leads to a way out! :smiley:
    That's sexy that Dwight was able to do that same, awesome back dive Lorelei did. :smirk:
    Thank GOSH they are out of there safe and sound! :star:
    (It still would've been cool if Rafe showed up to help them. ;) But I think it turned out better that he didn't. This is one of those events that brings a couple closer together. <3 )
    ----
    I don't blame Lorelei AT ALL for not wanting to be alone after that! :worried:
    "No, you can sleep in the bed with me, but, no hanky panky til we get married." Lorelei peeks up at him.
    ^LOL! :lol: "Hanky Panky" I love it!
    Gosh they are too cute together, and wow! That WAS one hot kiss! <3 She pulled him in wanting MORE of that! :smirk:
    The wedding is happening quick! Not that I'm complaining. :smiley: (My philosophy is: If a relationship feels right between both parties, like it's meant to be, then why wait to marry?)
    Grilled cheese sounds divine right now! :yum: But not with anchovies in it. :grimace: Such a sweet and thoughtful man Dwight it. <3 And marrying a man who can cook is a huge bonus! :star: (I lucked out there. :blush: )
    Lorelei cleans up the dishes and thanks Dwight for cooking and staying with her. "I love how you do so many things that show you love me, even when you are not saying the words. I always feel that love even when you are not here with me."
    "I love you and I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. The last couple of days were pretty scary, but we made it through together. Together, we can do anything. I believe in us."
    ^Awwwww! <3<3
    Someone unbuttoned Dwight's shirt while they were cuddling on the bed. :smirk:
    I love these two SO much! I can't WAIT to see their wedding! :smiley:

Sorry I wrote a novel here :p but I don't think you'll mind. ;)

:kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @ZeeGee Thank you! I love the mushy stuff! :grin:

@emorrill :) Surprise! Thanks so much for the comments! It would be nice if other members of the group could pounce on the mummy's! I'm sure she would have. No, Dwight lost. You only win the fight if the mummy dissolves into a pile of ash.
    I think these two need to get married quick so when I have time between work and stuff I have to do this week I'll be working on a wedding and another surprise...no, not telling either.
    @bekkasan Another surprise huh? :smirk:

I know Lorelei isn't pregnant because they haven't done any hanky panky yet. :lol: Which is good.
    (Although I do think Dwight's had a hard time resisting grabbing her badonkadonk and reeling her in for some love. :smirk: Hee hee! :mrgreen: Had to throw in that reference. ;) )

Could it be that Rafe shows up at the wedding? :smiley:
    bekkasan wrote: »

Lorelei and Dwight make it to her house. They are both exhausted. Lorelei asks Dwight to spend the night. "I really don't want to be alone."
    "No problem," Dwight tells her, "I can sleep on the couch."
    "No, you can sleep in the bed with me, but, no hanky panky til we get married." Lorelei peeks up at him. "Is that ok with you?"

So old-fashioned, lol. Is she going to bite his head off, afterwards? LOL (I know, that's the preying mantis, but I'm going for a joke here, give me a little leeway. :D )
    emorril wrote:
    That's sexy that Dwight was able to do that same, awesome back dive Lorelei did. :smirk:

Sorry to tell you, but they almost always do the back dive into the dive pools. :smirk:
    emorril wrote:
    (Although I do think Dwight's had a hard time resisting grabbing her badonkadonk and reeling her in for some love. :smirk: Hee hee! :mrgreen:

Yes, I would have a hard time resisting too. Good thing my wife loves it when I do. ;);):)

Why did she keep trying to steal coins?? :o

I can't wait for the next chapter and the surprise!!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    KevinL5275 wrote: »

Sorry to tell you, but they almost always do the back dive into the dive pools. :smirk:

@KevinL5275 Oh I know that. ;) I just thought it would make the story feel more real if I said that. If that makes sense. :blush:

@KevinL5275 Thanks so much for commenting! I've got this really creepy image in my head of Lorelei turning into this wraith (Did you watch Stargate Atlantis?) like succubi and it is not pretty!
    They definitely cannot keep their hands off each other hence the quickie (for me) wedding. I usually drag my sims for months before they get married, but I let them have a physical relationship so they don't mind. :lol:
    I dunno why she kept wanting to steal the coins, but, I didn't want her doing that. Bad enough I let her take the relics out! :open_mouth:
    edited April 2019

So old-fashioned, lol. Is she going to bite his head off, afterwards? LOL (I know, that's the preying mantis, but I'm going for a joke here, give me a little leeway. :D

:lol:

@bekkasan I watched every single Stargate ever made EXCEPT Atlantis. :neutral:

ETA: Oh and the one episode SG1 where Jack got tortured to death and revived again and again. Couldn't get through that one.

@ZeeGee Atlantis was much harder to watch, a bit more brutal, but still had the quirky humor at times so I did keep up with it. :)
    emorrill wrote: »

@KevinL5275 Oh I know that. ;) I just thought it would make the story feel more real if I said that. If that makes sense. :blush:

Ok I got you. Yes that makes sense. Sometimes I take things too literally. :D
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Thanks so much for commenting! I've got this really creepy image in my head of Lorelei turning into this wraith (Did you watch Stargate Atlantis?) like succubi and it is not pretty!
    They definitely cannot keep their hands off each other hence the quickie (for me) wedding. I usually drag my sims for months before they get married, but I let them have a physical relationship so they don't mind. :lol:
    I dunno why she kept wanting to steal the coins, but, I didn't want her doing that. Bad enough I let her take the relics out! :open_mouth:

No, I didnt watch Stargate, but I can imagine. I have heard the stories of how merpeople woohoo like the fish do, and I'll stop right there so we don't get the wrath of a moderator here. :D:D:D:D

I always find it awesome when two sims I matched up agree with me and fall in love together. Awww...... :)

I wondered if it was one of her traits that caused that, or just something random.

*tries to picture fish woo hoo …. gives up quickly.* :lol:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nice picture of Lorelei diving into the well :smile:

33691192288_3e38af0da1_b.jpg

Nice romantic scenes with her and Dwight near the end :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @KevinL5275 and @ZeeGee Lol...I will make sure I don't peek under the covers on their wedding night!

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks for commenting! :grin: I love it when they do that back dive into the well. The first time I saw it I was scared to death they would crack their head open hitting the side.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan I will have to get some of my Sims doing the dive some time just for pictures lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan I will have to get some of my Sims doing the dive some time just for pictures lol

@king_of_simcity7

BYdp.gif

:lol:

Sorry, not trying to take the focus of the lovely Lorelei and sexy Dwight. <3

Carry on my friends.
    @emorrill Oooh, new Sam pic! Slobber.

Okay, back to Dwight and Lorelei...