Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Hey Buddy!!!

I got in a lot of building time yesterday and today, I think I almost have one done (there is always tweaking to do) !! WOW! I know I'll find a bunch of boo boos when I take the photos.

We are in for thunderstorms tomorrow so I'll probably not have the computer on much, but I do have another idea to try.

Are we having fun yet? I am :)
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Just wondering how is are your gifts coming along? Has anyone started on theirs or is it just at the idea phase for now?
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I started on one so far, I'm still waiting for my 'shower moment' for the next idea.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I started on one so far, I'm still waiting for my 'shower moment' for the next idea.

you take the computer in the shower?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I have a lot more CASting and tweaking to do on my first one, but it's definitely getting there. :smiley:

I too have Tstorms headed in tonight, so I think I'll close down my game and just goof around for awhile.

You all have fun!
  • Options
    I bring it with me to baby showers Friendsfan. ;)

I hope you enjoy your evening and stay safe Ciane.
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »
    I bring it with me to baby showers Friendsfan. ;)

I hope you enjoy your evening and stay safe Ciane.

i heard of aquanotes. my sims 4 friends use them to jot down story ideas. ........i'm glad you took it in the joking way i meant it. i got my game earlier today but not since. i did finally get to see your 2 latest builds . nice as always.
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Popping in to give my 2 cents worth. As for me I have a really good layout on my background and story-line; with the first part pretty fleshed out. I have 1/2 of gift 1 done - just need a bit more tweaking, pic taken and such.

Speaking of pics where do you guys upload your media too and how do you do it so it is kept hidden until you are ready to make it public?

feed-museJPG.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Aquanotes sounds like a great idea. My showers moments are more metaphorical. Like thinking about the sims while mopping up after my daughter set up a bubble muffin stand on her bathtub ledge.

I use tumblr for photohosting right now. You can set posts private and switch them to public later.

Speaking of, I was playtesting this lot (not for the exchange) just something I'd been building for me. Anyway, this was a randomly created sim for the barista bar. I'm thinking of keeping him, what do you think?

tumblr_pq4vcxnBwz1w2hmv0o1_540.jpg
    tumblr_pq4vcxnBwz1w2hmv0o2_r1_1280.jpg Okay my tester sim is a creeper now, but that's pretty nice looking for a rando. He's not even wearing a cupcake bra with opera gloves like they usually are.
    I'm not sure if I got intrusive enough with this screenshot but he has purple eyes.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @Mystik1978 - I upload my pics to my wordpress site. As long as I don't post them to a page, I don't think anyone can see them. I also can add a page and make it subordinate to another page. Without a link to it, you'd have to guess the page name and type in a URL address to get there. So, I can have a page ready and pics uploaded in advance. Then, I can quickly add the uploaded pics to my waiting page and link to it on the day of gifting. I hope that makes sense.

It's like putting your pics in a private album and then making it public later. That too would work.
  • Options
    @ciane I hope the weather get's better for you.. Glad your gift is coming along...
  • Options
    @Jessabeans Aquanotes is that a kareoke place?
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »

It needs to be. Going to add karaoke poolside club to my list.
  • Options
    He is a very cute barista sim.. Sounds like a great idea for a lot!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @ciane Sounds like a great idea! I'm not very familiar with WordPress though...
  • Options
    @ciane Sounds like a great idea! I'm not very familiar with WordPress though...

its a blog site where you can post media pics stories etc.
  • Options

i just got the joke.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @Jessabeans, the space was too tight to make a tv built in, but I did incorporate the racks, which makes me so happy. I changed some things and I'm so much happier with the a whole space now. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Wow, we have a lot of talkers here. I love it! :D<3@Hidehi I'm so glad that wasn't one of our gifts you blew up there. ;)@60smusicluvr Hooray, for conquering the TV area.

I'm having a different kind of experience this time around. In the last two gift exchanges, I did a lot of things that were on the smaller side, either because they were requested or they fit what I knew my buddy likes, and the ideas flowed fast for all the gifts. This time I started something BIG, and I don't know if I know where I'm going with it, or where I'm going after. It keeps turning into something different. It doesn't vaguely resemble the original idea. I thought it was *too* big and was ready to just scrap it and start anew, but then I tried a different interior wall treatment idea, and it got cozier and I'm happier, although the room layout in parts is still not what I wanted. I hope I can get all the parts and pieces to work together into something cohesive. It seems the best approach to this one is to walk away and come back later with a fresh perspective.

Speaking of ideas, I just had a light bulb moment on that layout problem!
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Hello :)
    I <3 seeing the chat here! I especially love seeing how you're helping each other out with various building and sharing questions ... this is what it's all about!!

@Jessabeans He's a handsome sim! Definitely one I wouldn't mind seeing again in my game if I was you, ha ha
    Let us know how the test turns out when turning your lot to a cat jungle. My daughter took us to a cat cafe when we were in London and it was a lot of fun!! Your idea of combining the pet shop with cafe is intriguing. I once added on the pet shop to make a grooming area for pets but found out that pets won't bathe in tubs when they're on public lots. Bummer.

@Mystik1978 I do like ciane does and add images to wordpress

@60smusicluvr Glad you found a way to use the small space!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @suszes, same thing happens to me a lot. :s But I :heart: the moments (usually when you're away from the game) when you're like, "I GOT IT!" Taking a break does help. Glad to see this seems to be the case for you. :)

@ADWilson, thank you! The room itself is actually a really good size, but the tv just had to fit in that small space. :D I worked a little something out that gives me exactly what I wanted. Changing out some of the furniture worked wonders. I've got a few rooms done, but that room was the first. I had to do some research to find out what the "theme" was all about and was learning as I went. That particular room had things in it that didn't go so well with the "theme", so I had to change it up and I'm glad I did.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Good morning.. Thank you...Maybe I'll try WordPress.. I was really distracted :s when I was looking at the thread and I didn't see what you wrote on Aquanotes, :# so when I got to Jessabeans' post and saw the screenshot of the cute sim barista I thought she was referring to a new venue she was creating.. When I'm go through the thread too fast I really screw up :# .. On the other hand, Aquanotes does sound like a great name for a poolside Kareoke bar... :D
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @LMC6255 It's fine, I thought you were making a joke. I still think Aquanotes is a good name for a karaoke poolside club. Wordpress is free, so if you find it doesn't suit your needs you are only out the time to sign up and try it out. It's my fault for not addressing people in posts.

I'm so glad you could find something you were happy with @60smusicluvr. Sometimes once you get over that stubborn part you are unhappy with the rest just comes together so easily.

Thanks @ADWilson Cat cafes sound like a lot of fun, I've never been to one myself. For years I had 3 cats so vacations were a time to be pet free. I had to make the pet store bigger than I would have liked so I could keep the look of the town area I was placing it in. I had so much extra space to work with. I didn't want to just leave the upstairs empty. I hope the cat cafe will work out. A grooming area is a good idea to fill the empty space too, it's a shame it's unusable. I don't expect community lots to work as planned, but sometimes the game surprises me.
    *edit* It turns out cat jungles only attract stray cats, not townie pets. I have strays turned off, part of the reason it wasn't working. I will test if strays come to the pet store on a save I have them turn on.

I'm not sure if I want to keep the cat cafe idea if there won't be cats running around. I guess I could put terrariums up there and do more of a 'rainforest cafe' type restaurant. I think I prefer tearooms.
    @suzses I'm glad you solved the layout problem, I hope the build doesn't give you any more trouble. I'm intrigued and so excited to see what everyone comes up with.

I ended up saving the barista to my sim bin. I forgot and left my playing mods in while testing the build so I wonder what he will look like all puddin'ed up without the default replacement skin.

I hope everyone is having a great day. It would normally excite me the weekend is approaching but Easter will be a busy day. Got to keep up the magic for the little ones.

Also if my unrelated chatter is bothering anyone with the notifications let me know I can move it to the builder's forum.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    @Jessabeans I will check WordPress, sounds like a good way to post screenshot compilations, and share them with other Simmers.. Up to now I keep my screen shots in files on my desktop... I hope the gift you are making for your buddy is coming along, combination comercial lots are difficult to make, although, I am certain you will do a fantastic job!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Mystik1978 I myself use Flickr. Yeah, they've changed up a few things but, ever since Photobucket decided to charge us to use their service, I've actually come to *like* Flickr.

@LMC6255 I tried WordPress. I couldn't get past the "how the heck do I create stuff" page(s). GOOD LUCK if you do use that. ;)

And to everyone who has commented that I "just take a breather, step away, and come back to my gift with fresher eyes" .... THANK YOU. I'm actually in my game NOW, and I think it's coming along much better. B)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top